Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IVEDECIDED

I also agree with this criticism of Quigly specifically - he is an absolute menace to this sport. A complete idiot!!

fitzroyalty

Quote from: pintsofguinness on August 31, 2009, 09:16:47 PM
As for the ref bringing things up from other games, I dont think he should but then I don't really see the big deal.  You say he hates your club but he had yous ahead at half time when you say you werent? Yes, real hatred there.
Sheer incompetence on his behalf maybe? FFS he had the scoreboard turned off at half time because it displayed the correct score, insulting everyone else's intellegence in the process  ???

Quote from: Rufus T Firefly on August 31, 2009, 09:26:08 PM
Wasn't at the game, so I can't comment on the specific incidents referred to.

What I will say is that I hate to see fellow Armagh Gaels come in for personal abuse on this public forum. It is well out of order.

As for others encouraging the ref to jack it in, or stating that he is not fit for the job, a word to the wise - we are not exactly coming down with referees in the County! And with discussions like this, that is not likely to change anyway soon! 
Everyone knows without refs we'd have no games. You'd really need to have been at the game on Sunday to appreciate how big a tube Quigley is. At the very least he should not officiate any Clan na Gael games in future.

pintsofguinness

How did he get the scoreboard turned off at half time??
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

gaapunter

Quote from: pintsofguinness on August 31, 2009, 10:20:52 PM
How did he get the scoreboard turned off at half time??

He pulled out the plug- I have never seen a worse refeering performance- hes the ETU's wet dream

curvey

Ronan Quigley is a fool and every club (except Silverbridge) seem to have some sort of issue with this man, surly that proves something? He always seems to be on a power trip and it's "He" who has to be centre of attention and not the players on the pitch.

We def need more ref's in Armagh as there is a shortage alright but we could be doing without guys like him. It's a pity he doesn't read the board and do himself a favour or he could read this and tell himself to wise up and get the chip off his shoulder and start doing matches as a neutral instead of starting a game already having his mind made up about certain teams or individuals

pintsofguinness

How do you know he doesnt read the board?

curvey

Quote from: pintsofguinness on August 31, 2009, 11:28:26 PM

Well if he did he'd have wised up by now and realised how everyone feels about him.

Unless he's one of the MOD's :D :D :D

pintsofguinness

Quote from: curvey on August 31, 2009, 11:43:12 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on August 31, 2009, 11:28:26 PM

Well if he did he'd have wised up by now and realised how everyone feels about him.

Unless he's one of the MOD's :D :D :D

Well it's not how everyone feels about him...

Yes I Would

Quote from: curvey on August 31, 2009, 11:26:06 PM
Ronan Quigley is a fool and every club (except Silverbridge) seem to have some sort of issue with this man, surly that proves something? He always seems to be on a power trip and it's "He" who has to be centre of attention and not the players on the pitch.

We def need more ref's in Armagh as there is a shortage alright but we could be doing without guys like him. It's a pity he doesn't read the board and do himself a favour or he could read this and tell himself to wise up and get the chip off his shoulder and start doing matches as a neutral instead of starting a game already having his mind made up about certain teams or individuals

Know a few boys from the bridge, who would hold the same opinion as most on here, and reckon they are more than lucky that he never gets the chance to referee them.. Says it all!!

full back

Wednesday 2 September
ACL – Div. IV (7.00)
Mullaghbrack v Corrinshego (Paul Boylan)

Saturday 5 September
Senior Football Championship Quarter-final (7.00)
Crossmaglen v Pearse Og (Stephen Murray) at Athletic Grounds
ACL – Div. II (6.30)
Wolfe Tone v Whitecross (Rory Robinson)
Ballymacnab v Silverbridge (Damian McConville)
Madden v Harps (Stephen McKinley)
St Michael's v Clann Eireann (Kevin Gallogly)
Tir na nÓg v Ballyhegan (Paul Rath)
ACL – Div. III (6.30)
Tullysaran v Shane O'Neill's (Ronan Quigley)
Belleek v St Paul's (Eugene D Nugent)
Collegeland v Middletown (Noel Martin)
Lissummon v Keady (Kevin Murtagh)
An Port Mor v Clonmore (Jim Slevin)
ACL – Div. IV (6.30)
Phelim Brady's v O'Hanlon's (Barney Henry)
Crossmaglen II v Killean (Vincent O'Neill)
Derrynoose v Forkhill (Frank McDonald)
Grange v Corrinshego (Patrick Duffy)
Mullaghbrack v Clady (Seamus O'Neill)

Sunday 6 September
Senior Football Championship Quarter-final (7.00)
Granemore v St Patrick's (Rory Robinson) at Athletic Grounds

Excellent planning by the CB to fix the club games around the same time as the quarter final of the senior c'ship between the 2 favourites ::)

illdecide

That is pretty sh1t alright but i'll get to see the match so it's not much of a problem but for the rest of you guys that have a game it's bad organising alright.

I see Mr Quigley is making the headlines again ::) what else do you expect from that tube
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

armaghniac

QuoteACL – Div. IV (6.30)
Phelim Brady’s v O’Hanlon’s (Barney Henry)
Crossmaglen II v Killean (Vincent O’Neill)

On imagines that some on the Cross seconds might have an interest in events in the Athletic Grounds.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Harold Disgracey

Quote from: torres on August 30, 2009, 06:39:10 PM
tir na og failed to show up for their game v granemore , ref was on the pitch .
thats no game for granemore since they played dromintee in the championship , since that game granemore have lost their corner back [ discolated shoulder ] and full back [ broken leg ]
not looking good for us with the game v st pats next week  :( .
This was probably due to the death of our manager's mother at the weekend. It would appear that no one informed Granemore, etc.

yellowcard

There are bad referees in the county but most of them I'd imagine don't go into a game with a pre-conceived notion about 'putting manners' on certain players. Most of them are just poor decision makers. 

However Quigley has a big attitude problem and I've heard from a very reliable source that he has stated that he targets particular players and clubs that he dislikes. It was definitely true that Cross refused to partake in games that Quigley officiated at underage level and whilst that also shows the power and influence that Cross have, it also shows the ineptitude and blatant bias of Quigleys refereeing.

Whilst loyalty to a fellow clubman is to be expected I think most would reach the same verdict on this particular referee.

winsamsoon

well i would certainly agree whole heartedly with what you said there yellow. This man have refereed a few of our games and has even had the audacity to come into the changing rooms after a game (which he sent two players off) to try and lecture the team. He was put out of the changing room that night. He has now these pre conceived ideas of how he is going to provoke players into a reaction. A ref should be completely impartial and as I'vedecided stated should play little or no role in the outcome of the game.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.