Ulster JFC/IFC 2022

Started by DownFanatic, October 03, 2022, 11:48:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

clarshack

DownFanatic

They put in a very strong performance in the county final against Dromara, with Paddy Grant kicking 11 points. They'd have a decent championship pedigree in the county at this level.
But Down are notoriously out of their depth when we hit the Ulster JFC series.
Stewartstown would probably be more akin to a strong IFC team in Down.

yellowcard

I think Shane O'Neills will give intermediate a rattle. They're one of the better intermediate teams to win Armagh in recent years although they badly underperformed yesterday and probably stole it. But throughout the whole season they have easily been the best side at that level. That said they are only the 17th best team in the county on League rankings. Corduff are one of the weaker teams to win Monaghan in recent years but Monaghan teams are normally very competitive at the lower grade levels since they have fewer senior clubs. Tyrone, Derry and Monaghan seem to be the most consistently competitive counties at the lower grades.

themac_23

Wouldn't write off Dunloy to be there or there abouts, they are a serious outfit. I suppose it'll depend on the scheduling between the SHC and IFC games, they are as fit as you'll see and some of their forward play is first class. im looking forward to seeing what they can do in Ulster

Armagh18

Quote from: themac_23 on October 25, 2022, 08:37:02 AM
Wouldn't write off Dunloy to be there or there abouts, they are a serious outfit. I suppose it'll depend on the scheduling between the SHC and IFC games, they are as fit as you'll see and some of their forward play is first class. im looking forward to seeing what they can do in Ulster
Lets hope they can get games arranged to give them the best chance in both. Would be fantastic to see

oakleaflad

Quote from: Armagh18 on October 25, 2022, 09:20:33 AM
Lets hope they can get games arranged to give them the best chance in both. Would be fantastic to see
Some season for Dunloy so far. Is there much crossover of players between the hurling and the football? As mentioned above hopefully common sense would see games scheduled so they can compete well in both.

themac_23

Quote from: oakleaflad on October 25, 2022, 10:00:50 AM
Some season for Dunloy so far. Is there much crossover of players between the hurling and the football? As mentioned above hopefully common sense would see games scheduled so they can compete well in both.

Think I seen a pic after the hurling final of the dual players think it was about 12 in both squads, id say of that you'd have 7 or so starting on both give or take, of that id say 5 of their Hurlers would be their main men in football ads their league form compared to championship showed

Armagh18

Quote from: themac_23 on October 25, 2022, 10:04:32 AM
Quote from: oakleaflad on October 25, 2022, 10:00:50 AM

Think I seen a pic after the hurling final of the dual players think it was about 12 in both squads, id say of that you'd have 7 or so starting on both give or take, of that id say 5 of their Hurlers would be their main men in football ads their league form compared to championship showed
Fair play to them. I know they've got a serious set up and looks to be paying off

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

More and more its the dual clubs coming to the fore. The purists will hate it

general_lee

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on October 25, 2022, 10:15:23 AM
Eh? The purists will be all over that. If it's dual players in the Skinner Bradley sense, maybe not so much.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: general_lee on October 25, 2022, 10:48:38 AM
Eh? The purists will be all over that. If it's dual players in the Skinner Bradley sense, maybe not so much.

The single code purists sorry

clarshack

Is there an Ulster GAA TV streaming service this year?

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on October 26, 2022, 02:55:45 PM
Are Dunloy not the only dual club representing their county across all Ulster football competitions?

I am talking about Ireland and in general.

Not who is winning doubles. The list is long

Harold Disgracey

Are Dunloy not the only dual club representing their county across all Ulster football competitions?

Derrynoose have teams at all 4 codes. They also won the ladies junior football title and lost the Intermediate Camogie final, their hurlers compete in the senior championship.

Armagh18

Quote from: Harold Disgracey on October 26, 2022, 06:28:56 PM

Derrynoose have teams at all 4 codes. They also won the ladies junior football title and lost the Intermediate Camogie final, their hurlers compete in the senior championship.
Middletown, Granemore, Killeavy and Granemore the same as far as I know.