Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NAG1

Well we didnt see that coming?! Not  >:(

Only people going to end up happy at the end of this are the legal teams.

maxpower

GAA/Residents/DOE to meet this afternoon and agree small amendments to the stadium and improved conditions for residents and back to court on Wednesday for the green light!
What happens next????

Na Glinntí Glasa

if this doesnt come to an agreement then its the end for casement park. we cant afford to fund dunsilly and rebuilding casement ourselves.

it will be the end of a county ground in belfast for the considerable future.
hurl like f**k boi!

SaffronHeart

I hope so Max otherwise we are in a terrible predicament. I have an ominous feeling that we are dammed if we do dammed if we don't after the county board signed away Antrim GAAs claim to Casement park

Sleeping giant

There was absolutely nothing wrong with what it was before hand. If they had thought of putting the money into the county teams to try and get us competing Instead of that shambles they were trying to build.  Money hungry cnuts.
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

maxpower

I actually think it's a disgrace the amount of money being pumped into county teams, across the whole island.  The issue being paid management being judged on performances and demanding near professional approaches. If we keep feeding the beast who knows where it could end up but our Association is changing every year.
What happens next????

johnneycool

Quote from: Dunloy realist on December 15, 2014, 02:09:47 PM
if this doesnt come to an agreement then its the end for casement park. we cant afford to fund dunsilly and rebuilding casement ourselves.

it will be the end of a county ground in belfast for the considerable future.

Initially it was deemed that this project really was too good of a thing for Antrim to refuse as they'd have 'access' to a state of the art stadium for little or no outlay other than handing over the deeds to Casement park so I can understand hows its come to this.
The behaviour of the Antrim CB to ensure that there were no obstacles to the project left a lot to be desired and if anything probably got the backs up of the local residents who've fought tooth and nail to ensure their misgivings got the light of day (pun heaven) rather than being heavily handed brushed under the carpet.

Please stop this nonsense of 'taking the money and spending it on something else' as this is not what the money is about, its a sop to the IFA who didn't want the Maze project and they couldn't be seen to give them money without the other two big organisations getting their slice of the pie, that pie is solely for the development of a stadium, not for coaches, upgrading Dunsilly or wherever.
Casement is now an all or nothing project with nothing looking very likely.

The Ulster council assisted by the top table in Antrim have made a monumental f**k up of this and no doubt there's a few political parties involved in it as well!

Na Glinntí Glasa

Its a total joke. we now have no county ground for the forseeable future and have to rely on clubs to facilitate the games. it isnt fair to expect ballycastle and ahoghill clubs to do all the national league games each season. it will have to start being played at different club venues to spread the load.

as per usual its the ordinary vol on the ground that has to pick the slack up for others failings for free!
hurl like f**k boi!

Sleeping giant

Quote from: maxpower on December 15, 2014, 02:48:49 PM
I actually think it's a disgrace the amount of money being pumped into county teams, across the whole island.  The issue being paid management being judged on performances and demanding near professional approaches. If we keep feeding the beast who knows where it could end up but our Association is changing every year.
i agree with that yes.  But if there was money being spent. The ground was fine IMO and it could have been put to use on are U16 or minor teams like dublin done few years back. To try and sort out the mess that is antrims senior hurling team.

Na Glinntí Glasa

hurling at the top level county wise is beyond us. we cant match the top tier of hurling and the way were going we wont be for a long time.
i cant criticise the players as i know how much they put into training from speaking to a few of them. some train 5 nights a week going straight from work and not getting home till after 10/11. but pumping money in at senior level wont cure our problems.
its been said over and over that the hard work has to be done at under age and through our development squads. the under age lads have been getting some decent results this year in games v limerick, dublin etc which bodes well but the work needs to keep going into them
you all know that our clubs senior success is dependant on the youth coming through each year to boost the panels. a strong u14 and 16 team can be a great access for a clubs future success. the same applies to our county team.
hurl like f**k boi!

Sleeping giant

Thats my point.  u14, u16 and minor.  Well if all the work is getting put in. Why has the county went back in the last 3/4 years instead of forward?  I in no way mean to be running down the lads that are there. But sometimes it frustrating.  Another question. And this isn't a go at KR. This 3year plan. What's the goal? As I believe this is the 3rd year

btdtgtt

Great points max.
Money and the pursuit of it is distorting our association so much.

Don't forget not all the money for this casement vanity project was coming from government - if it collapsed then hopefully the Ulster council contribution will remain to be spent within antrim.

As for the current debacle - the Ulster council, stormont, antrim executive created this. I don't think we'll ever get to the bottom of how big a fiasco it has been.

getevennotcross

Like arm chair generals and Shinners, do you really have a right to criticise the Casement shambles?? Shinners got on board as a result of control and money involved and local kudos. All our clubs endorsed and elected to high office the incompetent county officials, should we now have the right to point fingers??  The ironic thing is this, the good people of West Belfast and our collective clubs keeping voting the same wasters back in. So who should we blame and point fingers at? < this way, not that way >. Get real here!  Power and money, power and money.

Sure Carol Killen,  (DCAL minister), Marty Miller & cohorts never set foot in the place other than for timely political gain & acclaim. When will our people ever learn and wise up to these wasters?
Conned by the GAA, Church and Shinners, a clear case of keeping the Croppies down. Bloody marvellous, eh! Our own our keeping us down and no one else.

blueblood

The whole exc committee need to go, they have been found culple by everyone along this process and to the tie Rugby in to deflect the complete and utter incompetence  of the intial approach how stupid do they think the people are. I just watched the news and seen the wee man and if I not mistaken a present referee also that was a shock! If the clubs allow this to go much further then Antrim deserves all it gets, I have to agree with cross he has hit the nail on the head however I would question your politics which I have no wish to get into that on this board as it is not the place.

Sleeping giant

Not like generals or shinners, just never thought there was any need for it in Antrim.