Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

No -  there are definitely subs getting no game time not playing at all for their clubs.

Tbh I dunno but it's working so I don't want to knock it too much. There must be some reason for Lynch but who knows what it is.

BrendanAntrim

Quote from: ck on June 05, 2023, 12:16:44 PM
Yes indeed. I noticed some county players playing for clubs and others not its good that Andy is drawing a line.
Neither of the Finnegans were in the 26 yesterday, I can only assume they fell foul of above rule?

Neither Joe nor Patrick have played any club football this season, both carrying injuries atm.

ck

Cheers for clarification BrendanA.
The rule imposed by Andy seems fairly unclear then but hopefully its clear among the players.

BrendanAntrim

Sorry - got that wrong, they played 2 league games following ulster c'ship loss when all players were released to clubs, but not since 26th April.

Flanker

Quote from: imtommygunn on June 05, 2023, 03:57:42 PM
No -  there are definitely subs getting no game time not playing at all for their clubs.

Tbh I dunno but it's working so I don't want to knock it too much. There must be some reason for Lynch but who knows what it is.

Don't know the ins and outs or the inner workings but whatever medicine had to be given looked to be accepted by those who had to take it and the other squad members  must have been happy with it as well.

That was as hard working.  committed and disciplined display as Antrim football has produced in many years.

Yes there were  mistakes, some poor execution, might not have been the best 15 players in Antrim on display but AMcE would have gone down the road knowing he got a performance and is gradually getting the building blocks in place.

As mentioned in the SG report there was every opportunity to throw in the towel... Shakey start, hit for 1.3 at the start or second half to go 4 down, already qualified, blistering hot day.... They didn't. Stuck to the task, kept the shape, kept the discipline.

This was typified by a 2-3 minute arm wrestle around the middle of the first half. Fermanagh had possession probed left and right for a good 2_3 minutes trying to stretch and break the defence. Typically Antrim wouldn't hold their Shape and discipline, someone would go for a big hit, a lunge, someone would step out of sync. They didn't got the turnover quick transition. Al point @ the other end.

They might struggle with some of the stronger harder running teams further down the line but there was a bit of a statement made.   

Hard work and discipline is a prerequisite. Being selfless and giving to the guy in the best position. This will allow the talent to flourish CJ's first touch an assist for ALs goal. Only for a slight miss control his 2nd touch was more than likely going to end up in someone hitting the net as well. OD's first touch hitting the net although a miss hit. His 2nd or 3rd an assist for RMcC goal.

Small steps but you can see that there is clear buy in and work being put in. Just need to keep making the small steps and build confidence and belief.

Plenty to work on but the age profile of the finishing 15 should give scope for improvement over the next few years

barnish oggie

Quote from: imtommygunn on June 05, 2023, 03:57:42 PM

The player we have on the panel has played less than 30 mins the whole season and still isn't allowed to play for his club.

It is crazy and also annoying when you see others who get more county game time also playing for their club.

Saul goodman

Quote from: JimStynes on June 04, 2023, 06:41:23 PM
Quote from: Mickey Linden on June 04, 2023, 06:37:16 PM
Mcginley said big mccann wasnt even good enough for the squad last year? How many goals as he scored this year for Antrim?

But McGinley's got all Ireland medals so he's not allowed to be criticised.

Completely daft decision that was credit to him for his performances this year

InnocentByStander

I said after the first two games nothing special beating two div 4 teams, but that result at the weekend is a fantastic result.
Guaranteed home QF draw, never know what could happen, but no one will want to play Antrim at the minute

Saul goodman

I see on Instagram the SV lads have decided to pull the plug on the Spotify you now must pay for the privilege of listening to them

Milltown Row2

Thought their wallets were bulging  ;D

Is there a link I can sign up too?  ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Hoof Hearted

Last round of games, will be a few intense games I'd imagine, a lot at stake with the difference between a top 6 bottom 7 finish crucial
Bottom 7 going to be cut throat
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

DearyMe

Do not wait to strike until the iron is hot, but make it hot by striking!

barnish oggie

Surely the Ahoghill v creggan issue needed to be sorted before the league split.

If Ahoghill had been awarded the points they would be top 6 currently.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: barnish oggie on June 07, 2023, 11:38:37 AM
Surely the Ahoghill v creggan issue needed to be sorted before the league split.

Are there any teams that are defo out of contention for top 6?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 07, 2023, 12:01:18 PM
Quote from: barnish oggie on June 07, 2023, 11:38:37 AM

Are there any teams that are defo out of contention for top 6?

Mathematically probably not, realistically the 4 teams.on 8 points  won't make it due to negative score difference

Moneyglass, even with a win tonight to take them to 12, will still need other results to go their way
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012