Who would want to be Laois manager?

Started by beano, June 24, 2015, 12:38:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SCFC

Quote from: south Laois on August 26, 2015, 04:19:48 PM
Does anyone know when it's likely the new manager will be chosen and announced?
Probably just after the local championships end in case he would spot anyone playing well at club level!!

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

Unlaoised

Hope its not Jason Ryan!

with Dempsey involved I feel it could be an insider!
LAOIS ABÚ

Teo Lurley

It has to be an insider, they'll know the scene. If they've worked outside the county it could even be a plus, pick up some experience on how those places work. Someone who could influence players to play for Laois, like getting Peter O'Leary back.
Only one man for the job!

OTF

Quote from: Unlaoised on August 28, 2015, 09:51:49 AM
Hope its not Jason Ryan!

with Dempsey involved I feel it could be an insider!

Spinkman's choice.

He's not here either.

It's a good move to have Dempsey on board, that's of course if the listen not him.

BallyroanAbu

Doubt Dempsey will have much input on this.  Martin Byrne will tell them how much money is available and Gerry Kavanagh will say who he wants.  Dempsey is a PR exercise but has had little to do with Laois Football over the last few years.  Gerry Kavanagh will ultimately decide who is next Laois Manager.  I am thinking insider due to lack of funds and if it is an outsider there will be little or nothing available in the way of finance.  An appointment within the county is my choice but that maybe tricky, as little in the way of money on offer.

Hospital Pass

On a side Note. I know its not the same as watching the matches in person but I have seen Jerome Stack, last years selector, in O Moore park video recording the championship. I presume laois gaa have commissioned this for the next manager.

Shapes Ex Laoistalk

That's not Jerome Stack  ;D ;D ;D ;D

That person will be delighted when he discovers who he's been mistaken for though!

Hospital Pass

Quote from: Shapes Ex Laoistalk on August 29, 2015, 12:41:31 AM
That's not Jerome Stack  ;D ;D ;D ;D

That person will be delighted when he discovers who he's been mistaken for though!
your dead right. Similar hair.... maybe, but i may need a trip to the optictions  :P :P.
Still, at least the new manager will have something to look at. Welcome Shapes

The Monument Road

I dont think the video recording is for the new management. It is done to identify culprits during skirmishes and to redeem players who have recieved red cards mistakenley

BallyroanAbu

No it's for new management as they are not in situ they can review club championship.

Tony

Heard from a very good source today, that Higgins is the board's favourite for the job.  8)

south Laois

Whoever is our manager,hopefully all our best players commit to the county set up. I firmly believe that if all our best players were available for selection we'd be a match for most teams.

Giovanni

Quote from: Tony on August 31, 2015, 03:34:41 PM
Heard from a very good source today, that Higgins is the board's favourite for the job.  8)

One of our greatest ever players but I wonder what evidence there is to suggest that he can be a great manager?

The Saint

Mikey Sheehy...anyone else hear that?