Ros v Dubs tomorrow

Started by The Hill is Blue, May 27, 2023, 03:59:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jell 0 Biafra

Roscommon worth their four point lead at half time. Well in control so far.

Rudi

Brilliant performance so far from Roscommon. Some brilliant patient play. Lovely scores, managerial masterclass so far. Game management brilliant.

Jell 0 Biafra

Quote from: thewobbler on May 28, 2023, 04:27:54 PM
I would pretty much always cheer on the underdog. And I've never cheered on Dublin in my life.

But Roscommon's click killing style is revolting to watch.

Up the Dubs.

What does that mean, Wobbler, or is it a typo?

Hound

I'm only listening to it on the radio. Presumably the only reason Ros can play keep ball for 5 min periods is that Dublin are not putting any pressure on the ball player or ball receiver?
That's on the Dubs rather Roscommon. Can't expect a team that is leading to kick in aimless balls. Wait until the opportunity arises, if the opposition lets you.

Jell 0 Biafra

Even the ref can't take it any more.

thewobbler

Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on May 28, 2023, 04:47:13 PM
Quote from: thewobbler on May 28, 2023, 04:27:54 PM
I would pretty much always cheer on the underdog. And I've never cheered on Dublin in my life.

But Roscommon's click killing style is revolting to watch.

Up the Dubs.

What does that mean, Wobbler, or is it a typo?

Clock killing.

Basically recycling the ball until there's nothing left of it

galwayman

Quote from: sensini on May 28, 2023, 04:46:06 PM
Dubs are piss poor.

I expect us to win this 7/8 points. Only one wide bar Donie Smith.

Straight into a quarter finals. f**k Galway and Mayo Rossies are no 1 in Connacht.  Will be disappointed id we don't the final now.

Davy Burke no 1 manager in Ireland.  What were the Lilywhites at not appointing him. Kildare loss is our gain.
Shooting the load a bit early chief!

Schkite

Dubs not looking like anything special at all. I'd say there's a good few teams that would fancy beating them this season

seafoid

Quote from: Schkite on May 28, 2023, 05:39:45 PM
Dubs not looking like anything special at all. I'd say there's a good few teams that would fancy beating them this season
Derry and Kerry also looked ordinary.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Hound

Quote from: sensini on May 28, 2023, 05:42:18 PM
Referee cost Roscommon the game. Kildare ref must have some beef with his class mate Davy Burke.
Yeah those late free he gave Rossies, and bringing the last one forward to be in kicking range, really showed that was another Kildare man in the Dubs pockets! 🤣🤣🤣🤣

straightred

Dublin are miles off what they were

Hound

Quote from: straightred on May 28, 2023, 05:52:39 PM
Dublin are miles off what they were
True. But nobody else is at that level either.

larryin89

Dublin still the bookies favs , i find that genuinely  weird , they are pish . Galway have their name on Sam
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Blowitupref

Roscommon did well to earn the draw the least they deserved but when they watch that game back they'll know they should have won. Number of poor decision making and gave away a very poor goal in that 2nd half.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

seafoid

Quote from: Blowitupref on May 28, 2023, 06:14:27 PM
Roscommon did well to earn the draw the least they deserved but when they watch that game back they'll know they should have won. Number of poor decision making and gave away a very poor goal in that 2nd half.
Considering the Dubs were 7/1...
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU