Allianz Hurling League 2020

Started by Mossy Bruce, November 26, 2019, 10:26:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zooming around

Quote from: SCFC on February 25, 2020, 01:24:07 PM
Quote from: Zooming around on February 24, 2020, 01:22:35 PM
Quote from: SCFC on February 24, 2020, 12:57:34 PM
Quote from: G@@ on February 24, 2020, 10:28:01 AM
With the win over Carlow and two points on the board, the lads will be happy enough knowing we should be safe for another season of Division 1 hurling. (barring Carlow do the unthinkable and beat Wexford by a cricket score in Wx Park)
Doesn't matter what Carlow do now. We are 100% safe as we have them on the head to head rule.

If Carlow win and ourselves and Dublin lose then 3 teams will be tied on 2 points each. Head to head only applies when there are two teams tied. 3 or more teams tied means it goes to score difference.

If we win we are safe.
If Wexford win we are safe.
If Dublin win we are safe.

Dublin have 4 points. We cannot be relegated.

Correct. See above

G@@

Kilkenny V Laois most likely now to take place in Nolan Park at the request of Laois - still to be confirmed though...
"I can't get over you - 'till you come out from under him" - Pat Shortt - Class!

Joeythelips

The RTE site has it down as Nowlan Park I see. Its still strange seeing Laois are going to play Kilkenny in hurling, I know its a big ask for us to get close to them but its still great that Laois can test themselves agains one of the top teams.

https://www.rte.ie/sport/results/gaa/2020/6196/fixtures/

burdizzo

And I presume next year we'll get the home tie? Or do we get the gate receipts from this one?!! I take it the footballers aren't conceding home advantage to Kildare on Saturday night? They may lay off playing them u20 football games at OMP.

redsetanta

It's no harm. It was never a game we were going to win and the experience will do some of the younger hurlers no harm either.
Doubt the pitch will be any better for the footballers Saturday night but it's that bit easier to play football than hurling on it.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

blueandwhite1

Could it not have been played somewhere else in Laois such as Borris, Errill etc.

It's not as if it will attract a bumper crowd.

Giovanni

I was thinking the same thing. Maybe it has something to do with media facilities and the like. I don't know. But it used to be great to go to league matches in venues like Rathdowney and Borris in the past.

smcder

We're playing them in Nowlan park later in the summer aren't we?  Could just be an easy way to get a run out there.

G@@

Can't complain about the performance today. Unlucky not to have scored two goals in the first half only for the heroics of the KK sub goalkeeper. Very unusual lapse in concentration from Kilkenny to gift us that penalty. 1-19 to 3-22 is a decent score to run up against Kilkenny in Nolan Park. Good crowd there
"I can't get over you - 'till you come out from under him" - Pat Shortt - Class!

Silkyskillssunshinee

Was that an almost full strength Kilkenny side? Or did they rest a few? 1-19 is indeed a nice score to run up on them.

Hopefully we get a few players back from injury in time for championship. We'll probably need everyone if we're to scrape a win from somewhere and avoid the drop straight back to Joe McDonagh.

burdizzo

Where have you been for the last 24 hours?! There's no relegation from Joe McDonagh this year. And, yes - Kilkenny without their Ballyhale players.

clonadmad

Is that the level of our ambitions?

Running up a decent score against a team who are probably 3rd or 4th in the country when they have  the ballyhale crowd and Murphy on board,which they didn't have today.

We are a mile behind behind Kilkenny and I fear what they,Wexford and Galway will do to us in the Leinster championship when the ground is hard and they need to boost their scoring differences.

G@@

Quote from: clonadmad on March 01, 2020, 07:27:07 PM

Considering that it is the highest tally we put up against them since 1972 in either League or Championship that team deserves to be applauded for not dropping the heads after being unlucky to find themselves 11pts down at half time.

Making excuses for Kilkenny not having the Ballyhale contingent is a deflection. We were down a good few through injury aswell.

The attitude of this team deserves all the platitudes paid their way. If they continue to progress as they have been they will make the other Leinster counties work damn hard to get a "big score win" over us. We are not Carlow.

clonadmad

Quote from: G@@ on March 01, 2020, 08:41:27 PM

Considering that it is the highest tally we put up against them since 1972 in either League or Championship that team deserves to be applauded for not dropping the heads after being unlucky to find themselves 11pts down at half time.

Making excuses for Kilkenny not having the Ballyhale contingent is a deflection. We were down a good few through injury aswell.

The attitude of this team deserves all the platitudes paid their way. If they continue to progress as they have been they will make the other Leinster counties work damn hard to get a "big score win" over us. We are not Carlow.

What did we beat Carlow by again?

We are a lot closer to carlow than we are to Kk at this moment in time

Grasping the highest tally since 1972 straw is laughable,We were bet and well bet.

clonadmad

Quote from: clonadmad on March 01, 2020, 09:14:11 PM
Quote from: G@@ on March 01, 2020, 08:41:27 PM

What did we beat Carlow last weekend,by again?

We are a lot closer to carlow than we are to Kk at this moment in time

Grasping the highest tally since 1972 straw is laughable,We were well bet.