Cryptocurrency

Started by gallsman, September 01, 2017, 02:36:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

APM

Quote from: Seamus on March 03, 2021, 02:37:26 AM
Quote from: gallsman on March 02, 2021, 07:03:05 AM
XRP, to quote a certain Dubliner, will do fookin' nuttin'. Pure scam and always has been.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jasonbloomberg/2019/03/01/is-ripple-a-scam/

Personally I would never take advice on cryptocurrency from a person that never owned nor intends to own it in the future. I do agree with him in that XRP is not decentralized. XPR will still be around in say 2025 and by the end of this year alone may probably do a 40X from today's price and will at some stage reach 100 bucks. Not too shabby for a coin that is a "pure scam and will do fookin nuttin".  I never had XRP and never will, not in my top 20. This the last word I will say on the matter.

What is the difference between XRP and XPR?

TheGreatest

Chainlink  (LINK) - the god protocol - bigger and more valuable than Eth in years to come. 

Il let you do your own research.

gallsman

Quote from: TheGreatest on March 03, 2021, 12:42:25 PM
Chainlink  (LINK) - the god protocol - bigger and more valuable than Eth in years to come. 

Il let you do your own research.

I have some Link. Promising but dodgy centralisation/ownership of it.

Polkadot ecosystem is going to be big I think.

clarshack

anyone else hold BAT? bought mine around 0.20c so its done well since and will continue to do so imo. it has a good use case with the Brave web browser too.

Geoff Tipps

Anyone hold ADA or have any opinion on it?

RedHand88

Quote from: RedHand88 on February 22, 2021, 01:08:50 PM
Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on February 19, 2021, 11:27:48 AM
Lads just like any ponzi scheme just make sure you get out at the right time

It's not a ponzo scheme, it's an asset that goes up and down in value but the general trend has been increase.

Not a cryptocurrency but $KMPH is a stock worth buying.

The drug was approved by FDA with "best in class" label, the best possible outcome. Stock has nearly doubled since yesterday. Hopefully someone listened to this!

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: Look-Up! on March 01, 2021, 11:14:51 PM
Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on March 01, 2021, 07:33:21 AM
Quote from: Look-Up! on March 01, 2021, 12:13:00 AMCrazy to think what it done to share prices for the likes of Nvidia and the other big manufacturer (can't think of name).

AMD, just the maker of the best CPUs on the planet right now... 8)

Yes they're the ones. I'll take your word for it on the CPUs, out of interest is that graphics or computer CPU you're referring to?

In any case both of them have done well out of the scramble for graphics CPUs from the mining community. Just from a quick check, if you had bought shares in AMD 5 years ago you would have seen well over 4000% return on your investment. For Nvidia a more modest 1500%. Maybe not as exciting as investing in crypto but certainly a safer bet than trying to guess which coins would make it.

CPUs.

The shares in AMD have multiplied because they've went from literally nowhere (Excavator) to top dog (Zen3) in the CPU market over that time period.
i usse an speelchekor

Seamus

Quote from: APM on March 03, 2021, 11:33:44 AM
XRP, to quote a certain Dubliner, will do fookin' nuttin'. Pure scam and always has been.

Personally I would never take advice on cryptocurrency from a person that never owned nor intends to own it in the future. I do agree with him in that XRP is not decentralized. XPR will still be around in say 2025 and by the end of this year alone may probably do a 40X from today's price and will at some stage reach 100 bucks. Not too shabby for a coin that is a "pure scam and will do fookin nuttin".  I never had XRP and never will, not in my top 20. This the last word I will say on the matter.

Just a typo APM
"I wish I could inspire the same confidence in the truth which is so readily accorded to lies".

Seamus

Seems like there is a Liquidity Swap on the horizon where a large amount of funds will go into altcoins. BTC dominance will slightly go down. As usual this will be followed by some altcoin profit taking. Doubling of one's holdings in a real possibility on the re-entry. Participants will need nerves is steel.
"I wish I could inspire the same confidence in the truth which is so readily accorded to lies".

thejuice

Quote from: Seamus on March 04, 2021, 12:07:52 AM
Quote from: APM on March 03, 2021, 11:33:44 AM

Just a typo APM

https://ripple.com/insights/ripple-pilots-a-private-ledger-for-central-banks-launching-cbdcs/?fbclid=IwAR0Ljahw23Pjkppr-y4jAjhR7R5eiAs3tAMEmFwPhZgLtLdedG9dsUXC2hc

We'll see where this goes. XRP can be used in this new ledger to bridge CBDCs but it seems not necessary though, it's optional like in the Ripples current set up.

It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

RedHand88

Quote from: gallsman on February 25, 2021, 01:57:06 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on February 25, 2021, 01:45:04 PM
Tesla, who will be the world's biggest car manufacturer within 20 years when we all switch to electric, are planning to use BTC as currency soon. They have purchased $1.5 BILLION worth, which Seamus alluded to.

So no, it's not a ponzi scheme, a fad or a scam. It's real and it's the future. Enjoy your 0.5% interest savings accounts lads!

This is absolute bullshit put out by Musk. Bitcoin is a) fundamentally unsuitable as a means of exchange because of the slowness of the transaction processing and the fees involved and b) the volatility is completely unacceptable to both buyers and sellers.

Well this has aged well.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/news.sky.com/story/amp/elon-musk-tesla-is-now-accepting-bitcoin-for-car-purchases-12255156

clarshack

Quote from: RedHand88 on March 24, 2021, 10:55:10 PM
Tesla, who will be the world's biggest car manufacturer within 20 years when we all switch to electric, are planning to use BTC as currency soon. They have purchased $1.5 BILLION worth, which Seamus alluded to.

So no, it's not a ponzi scheme, a fad or a scam. It's real and it's the future. Enjoy your 0.5% interest savings accounts lads!

This is absolute bullshit put out by Musk. Bitcoin is a) fundamentally unsuitable as a means of exchange because of the slowness of the transaction processing and the fees involved and b) the volatility is completely unacceptable to both buyers and sellers.

Well this has aged well.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/news.sky.com/story/amp/elon-musk-tesla-is-now-accepting-bitcoin-for-car-purchases-12255156

you could use it as payment for the likes of this scenario but not when you need the payment to process in a few seconds i.e when in a grocery shop, as there are other crypto that would be more suitable.

gallsman

Quote from: RedHand88 on March 24, 2021, 10:55:10 PM

Well this has aged well.

There is an enormous difference between what Elon Musk tweets and what happens in the real world.

thejuice

If you have a choice between paying for a car with an asset that can appreciate (bitcoin or other crypto) or dollars/pounds which lose value over time, you'd most likely pay with the latter. Obviously you'll need to spend your crypto at some point but the feeling would be that you could be selling the golden goose.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016