Down losing 3 players to America

Started by Corkey22, March 29, 2013, 10:06:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Line Ball

Quote from: Aristo 60 on March 31, 2013, 07:33:03 PM
Quote from: Line Ball on March 29, 2013, 11:09:16 PM
If you go back to to the 80's, 90's etc how many players have made the call to go to the States for the Summer?  Get over it, no big deal.  Mc cartan himself played in America for many years so he can't say much himself and to be honest he has wished the lads well.

Mc Conville     -      No Loss
Mc Cumiskey  -       No Loss (bit player)
O'Hagan         -      Serious loss.  Best defender we have.

If we are to be honest, Down will do nothing this year anyway!

In which years did James McCartan not make himself available for championship football??

Why, who said he did?

No1

QuoteIf you go back to to the 80's, 90's etc how many players have made the call to go to the States for the Summer?  Get over it, no big deal.  Mc cartan himself played in America for many years so he can't say much himself and to be honest he has wished the lads well.

Nobody did but your inference says a lot. stop being a dick.  Paul McComiskey is a serious loss to a team badly in need of some positives at this stage.  Big Arthur isn't county standard and I'm not as convinced about O'Hagan as a few on here are.

Line Ball

Quote from: No1 on March 31, 2013, 11:29:40 PM
QuoteIf you go back to to the 80's, 90's etc how many players have made the call to go to the States for the Summer?  Get over it, no big deal.  Mc cartan himself played in America for many years so he can't say much himself and to be honest he has wished the lads well.

Nobody did but your inference says a lot. stop being a dick.  Paul McComiskey is a serious loss to a team badly in need of some positives at this stage.  Big Arthur isn't county standard and I'm not as convinced about O'Hagan as a few on here are.

Thanks for the advice!

Who do we replace O'Hagan with?  Rooney, Keith Quinn, either of Turleys - none of these are any way near what he gives.  What does he have to do to get the Royal Seal of Approval?

No1

No advice given as far as I can see.  Conor Garvey would do for me as a replacement for Darren.  You've lost me with the royal seal of approval stuff.

T Fearon

I feel a Proclaimers sing coming on here?

Rostrevor No More
ballykinlar no more
Cranfield no more
burren no more.

No1

Step away from the wine bottle big man.

Line Ball

Royal Seal of Approval - a vote of confidence for a young lad who I think is only doing his best.

As for the wine, I wish.  Work in the morning big lad.

No1

The wine comment was for the ex Carryduff man. Good luck the mara!  O'Hagan has played very well but he's not irreplacable.  McComiskey is different gravy imho and it's a big blow to lose him, especially given the run we're on at present.

ardtole

McCommiskey will definitley be missed the most although Danny Hughes is due to return soon I think, but he is still a big loss. O'Hagan has been hit and miss, if McPartland of Glenn is back soon he could fit in the half back line comfortably, I was impressed with him last year when he played and anytime I saw him for Glenn he impressed as well.
We are still missing a target man though maybe its time to put Gordon in there again, he has a lot of miles on the clock now, injuries are starting to take their toll id imagine and he would offer a good alternative to our current attacking options. Poland would thrive on having a big target like Dan to hit. He would be more than capable of doing a job like Clancy at Laois.
All these alternatives though are reliant on lads coming back from injury which is optimistic to say the least. The squad will definitley be weaker but hopefully the first fifteen will not.