Running

Started by ONeill, June 09, 2009, 09:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Started your plan imtommygun? Went for run today, weather perfect if not cold starting out. 7 miles with a chesty cough! First road run of the year
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

No it's January lol. I do about 8 or 9 on a Sunday anyway so just did that.

Milltown Row2

Ah, realise now, thought it was Belfast, which is 16 weeks! Friend from work got the London ticket, getting so hard now with these lotto style marathons
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

The Dublin one seems to be smoke and mirrors to get approval for numbers and venues - I am not convinced it is needed.. I have had real Achilles bother for a year to two years and really would have preferred not to sign up this early and wouldn't have but for the lottery so I am far from guaranteed yet.

I try London every year and every year the feckers  turn me down.

I do the relay in Belfast but for the whole thing wouldn't be a fan of course and organisers so not sure I would do it. I usually just do ithe relay with work ones as an excuse for a night out after.

laoislad

Quote from: imtommygunn on January 10, 2020, 08:26:05 PM
I got a place too. Very injury prone these days so not sure I will make it but will give it a go.

Feckin Nordies, coming down here taking our Marathon places....
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

imtommygunn

BM is doing belfast so we're even...

mrdeeds

Has anyone done cruciate? I was wondering could you work after surgery? I am a teacher. Not confirmed till I have a  scan.

laoislad

I see the London Marathon has been postponed until October.
Was there anyone from here doing it?
I'd imagine Boston will be the next to be postponed.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Milltown Row2

Park runs cancelled also

clarshack

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 13, 2020, 09:33:54 PM
Park runs cancelled also

Where did you see that? Nothing on my local parkrun fb apart from no refreshments available.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: clarshack on March 13, 2020, 10:01:25 PM
Park runs cancelled also

Where did you see that? Nothing on my local parkrun fb apart from no refreshments available.

Waterworks my wife was saying

clarshack

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 13, 2020, 10:03:08 PM
Park runs cancelled also

Thanks, surely there's no way any of them are going ahead when you see runs scheduled for May being cancelled.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: clarshack on March 13, 2020, 10:16:31 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 13, 2020, 10:03:08 PM
Park runs cancelled also

Thanks, surely there's no way any of them are going ahead when you see runs scheduled for May being cancelled.

She'd mentioned it earlier but I've a few friends that do the waterworks so must find out

imtommygunn

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on March 14, 2020, 11:52:59 AM
It was on....

Good, it's getting to the point were people don't want to go out ffs!