The Official THFC thread

Started by Owenmoresider, October 25, 2007, 08:46:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

give her dixie

next stop, September 10, for number 4......

Over the Bar

thewobbler

You will do well to see a better game of groundball this year than the one at WHL tonight. The two teams just went at it from start to finish. Chelsea were arguably the better side, but only for Chimbonda at one end and Cudinici at the other it could have finished 6-2 to Spurs. Lovely finish from Robbie too.

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Over the Bar

QuoteArsenal's title now.

History shows that Arsenal only win the title when another team runs into difficulties.

ONeill

Mmm, does that include the year they went unbeaten? Sure you could say that about every winner, every year. Utd only won last year cos West Ham were in a spot of diffs.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

thewobbler

Fellas, be civial and take your arse-baiting onto the arsenal thread.

J70

Quote from: Over the Bar on March 19, 2008, 10:11:12 PM
QuoteArsenal's title now.

History shows that Arsenal only win the title when another team runs into difficulties.

And Arsenal's form in the last few weeks has nothing to do with United pushing ahead.  ::)

ildanach

its not often i am pleased to see spurs getting a result but tonight................. ;D ;D
the only pity is it was not a win :'(
Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.

An Fear Rua

fair play to Ramos and spurs, never gave it up. Tis good to see a club like Tottenham heading in the right direction again.
Its Grim up North

Owenmoresider

Didn't see it but sounded like a cracker. Not winning may be disappointing, but having been 3-1 and then 4-3 down, and considering the league form v Chelsea, it's not a bad result. Not surprised that Chimbonda managed to feck it up, must flog him come the summer.

T Fearon

I hope Saturday's game is half as exciting! The second 4 all draw of the league this season at the Lane, the other was in the Villa game, which I was privileged to attend, when we retrieved a 4-1 deficit.

Great to fcuk up Chelsea's league bid after such a long poor run against them in recent years. Also with our Carling Cup victory and last season's league win over them, I reckon we've got them well and truly sussed. Only sorry that super mouth Mourinho wasn't in charge this season. Where's his team bus in front of goal now? :D

Norf Tyrone

Quotesuper mouth Mourinho

Excuse me my name is Mr Pot, and you Mr Kettle are so black!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

T Fearon

A bizarre affair altogether. Portsmouth playing distinctly like Arsenal (ie 11 men behind the ball) and the weather alternating from snow and sleet to spring sunshine throughout the game. Still a good day all the same (I acquired a classy Wembley Spurs Carling Cup Final tee shirt for £9.99 only in Sport Scene in Carnaby Street on Saturday morning, and a nifty little hooded Spurs track suit top with my voucher in the Spurs shop prior to the game) and the right result in the end, although the goals were a long time coming. ;D

PS Most humourous chant of the day came after Robbie nearly made a mug out of David James by coming unseen from the byeline to almost nick the ball of James' toe and score. The Spurs supporters chanted at James "England, England's Number 4, England's number 4!" :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D