All Ireland U20 2019

Started by omagh_gael, July 14, 2019, 08:03:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dublin7

Quote from: Blowitupref on August 03, 2019, 05:04:50 PM
A six point lead for Cork 50 minutes played.  Cork 3-13 Dublin 1-13.
Cork FF line has won this game. All been lethal and have hardly missed. Dubs down to 14 men and ref done Dubs no favours. Must nice for the Cork footballers to play in front of a crowd for once.

Blowitupref

Congrats to Cork a first underage AI title for i think 10 years.  FT Cork 3-16 Dublin 1-14.  For the Dubs not often at any level where you see them lead a game by 9 points and end up losing it by 8 points.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Gael85

Well done to Cork. Better team, well deserved.

Captain Obvious

13-72 for Cork in 4 Under 20 games this year some scoring by them in fairness.

The Hill is Blue

Quote from: The Hill is Blue on July 29, 2019, 12:36:06 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on July 29, 2019, 11:58:02 AM
But but but.... I thought it was just one special bunch who luckily all came along at the one time....

Can you guys not just lay off the young lads at least and let them enjoy their day in the sun. There'll be no talk about conveyor belts if Cork win on Saturday - just as there was no talk about it at the weekend when Mayo beat the Dublin minors.

Miserable begrudgers.

Any comments lads?
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

Farrandeelin

Quote from: The Hill is Blue on August 04, 2019, 08:37:49 AM
But but but.... I thought it was just one special bunch who luckily all came along at the one time....

Can you guys not just lay off the young lads at least and let them enjoy their day in the sun. There'll be no talk about conveyor belts if Cork win on Saturday - just as there was no talk about it at the weekend when Mayo beat the Dublin minors.

Miserable begrudgers.

Any comments lads?

Take them outta Dublin.  ;)

Was shocked with the result as I listened to the first few minutes and Cork were all over the place at the back. Do you think Dublin will get many from this team at senior level?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

manfromdelmonte

Miserable begrudgers.

Any comments lads?
The Dubs should play more games out of Dublin
They were out-footballed and a lot of the Dublin players shown up to be very good athletically but not as good skill wise

The Hill is Blue

Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 04, 2019, 08:55:33 AM

Miserable begrudgers.

Any comments lads?

Take them outta Dublin.  ;)

Was shocked with the result as I listened to the first few minutes and Cork were all over the place at the back. Do you think Dublin will get many from this team at senior level?

Very impressive display by the Cork lads. Well done to them.

It's very hard to predict with young lads how many of them might make it at senior level. There are so many factors that have to be considered. All we can hope for is that most of them will keep playing and we'll see what happens from there.
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

Dinny Breen

I thought Dublin were very naive in how they approached the game, reminded me of Kildare in 2009 v Dublin, gave no support to their full back line but very enjoyable game. Cork support made a massive difference, referee did Dublin no favours, Dublin's big men couldn't buy a free.

Archer will play senior, a classy footballer and Peadar O'Cofaigh Byrne he was a superb full back at minor.
#newbridgeornowhere

The Hill is Blue

Quote from: Dinny Breen on August 04, 2019, 12:28:37 PM
I thought Dublin were very naive in how they approached the game, reminded me of Kildare in 2009 v Dublin, gave no support to their full back line but very enjoyable game. Cork support made a massive difference, referee did Dublin no favours, Dublin's big men couldn't buy a free.

Archer will play senior, a classy footballer and Peadar O'Cofaigh Byrne he was a superb full back at minor.

Peadar O'Cofaigh Byrne is with the seniors at the moment.

As you know yourself the next few years will tell as to how these lads will progress.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: The Hill is Blue on August 04, 2019, 01:31:33 PM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on August 04, 2019, 12:28:37 PM

Peadar O'Cofaigh Byrne is with the seniors at the moment.

As you know yourself the next few years will tell as to how these lads will progress.

Dublin will manage them well though, too many counties are in a rush to play their young bucks, Dublin allow their players develop not just physically but emotionally and socially at their own pace. Clifford is already starting to be dogged by little niggles and injuries, Meath throwing in Shane Walsh, Oisin Gallen for Donegal, that was throwing a boy into a wildfire, he was destroyed why?  What's the rush?
#newbridgeornowhere

Cunny Funt

I suppose nobody should be that shocked after the manner that Cork beat Kerry who was team full of minor AI winners managed by a top manager in Jack O'Connor.  The way Cork didn't panic when 9 points down was most impressive and for the remaining 49 minutes or so they totally dominated that game and outscored Dublin by 17 points.

The Cork manager Keith Ricken came across very well in his after match interview, talked about how the players had to manage themselves on the field of play and always be focused on the next play, He also blamed himself for going 9 points down and you don't see many managers doing that.  He was only appointed on Jan 31st, Gene O'Driscoll unexpectedly stepping down the week before proved to be blessing in disguise for Cork.

Wildweasel74

That lad Doran was their standout player at minor level but moving him from 11 seems to have regressed him

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on August 05, 2019, 01:56:42 AM
That lad Doran was their standout player at minor level but moving him from 11 seems to have regressed him

A very impressive minor, he is now the definition of a head's down footballer.
#newbridgeornowhere

johnnycool

U20 football is much like it's U20 hurling counterpart if that game yesterday was anything to go by.

Much less about defending and more about going out and attacking and far more enjoyable to sit down and watch.