October/November Honeymoon in the USA

Started by giveherlong, January 26, 2014, 10:49:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

giveherlong

Heading on the Honeymoon at the end of October this year. Thinking of going to California/San Diego direction first (maybe take a trip to Vegas ) and then finishing off with a few nights in NYC. Any recommendations for these areas or anywhere else in the states at that time of year? What would the weather be like?

Rois

Great spot! I have a few travel books I can lend you  :)

We did Vegas, up to Lake Tahoe, SF, down the coast to LA, and then the highlight at the end, Palm Springs. Great chilled out place with warm temps - we went in Sep and it was 35 or so. Nice weather all over Califonia in Sep.

Drive from San Diego to Palm Springs is pretty short and it's another do-able drive to Las Vegas. Just a suggestion for something different.

As an alternative to California, Florida Keys and Miami would also be nice and warm.

muppet

Quote from: Rois on January 26, 2014, 07:01:12 PM
Great spot! I have a few travel books I can lend you  :)

We did Vegas, up to Lake Tahoe, SF, down the coast to LA, and then the highlight at the end, Palm Springs. Great chilled out place with warm temps - we went in Sep and it was 35 or so. Nice weather all over Califonia in Sep.

Drive from San Diego to Palm Springs is pretty short and it's another do-able drive to Las Vegas. Just a suggestion for something different.

As an alternative to California, Florida Keys and Miami would also be nice and warm.

Oct/Nov is the tail end of the hurricane season. That is usually off season and you can get good deals. The odds of getting hit by a hurricane are pretty low.  ;D
MWWSI 2017

joebloggs

If you're heading for Vegas, 2-3 days would be plenty. The helicopter ride to the grand canyon is a good experience. NYC is a nice place to finish but very hard to get decent accommodation at a reasonable price.

gawa316

Quote from: giveherlong on January 26, 2014, 10:49:51 AM
Heading on the Honeymoon at the end of October this year. Thinking of going to California/San Diego direction first (maybe take a trip to Vegas ) and then finishing off with a few nights in NYC. Any recommendations for these areas or anywhere else in the states at that time of year? What would the weather be like?

California has everything. Just a few highlights of mine, Yosemite, Kings Canyon, Sequoia national parks, paso Robles wine country, Big Sur, Hwy 1 drive, Coastal towns (Pismo, Morro Bay, Santa Barbara, Carpinteria etc) and San Fran. Never been to San Diego but is the next on the list. Drop me a line if you have any questions.

armaghniac

October might be a good time to go, the California parks and other inland locations are a tad hot in summer. The coast is fine all year round.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B