Aidan McAnespie - HET enquiry

Started by bennydorano, June 25, 2008, 12:25:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thejuice

Quote from: Feckitt on January 27, 2023, 02:40:34 PM
Quote from: thejuice on January 27, 2023, 11:48:24 AM
Yeah, so did the soldier just point the gun at him and let a few shots off to scare him or what?

WTF Juice, Have you been living under a rock?

Sorry, maybe in a way yes I have because I don't have time for news these days but I'm trying to understand what the judgement/the court is saying the soldier is supposed to have done. The ruling suggests it was unintended. I'm not asking what actually happened but what story the court is telling is the truth and how did they come up with manslaughter.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

seafoid

I remember when Aidan McAnespie was murdered near a football pitch where he was minding his own business. Some deaths in the North then stuck out.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

grounded

Just reading the BBC article regarding Aidan's murder

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-64413266

He said the defendant had broken two "golden rules":

Never aim a weapon unless one intends to fire
Never increase the risk of negligent discharge

They were never finished aiming their guns at people. Anyone who lives here will tell you that.
          I don't believe Holden will ever see a day behind bars.

Bord na Mona man

People who get weapons training in any military or police force would have it drilled into them to be completely paranoid about aiming their weapon carelessly.
It's a complete no-no. You'd wonder what daft notion this soldier took.

The Subbie

Quote from: Bord na Mona man on January 27, 2023, 11:32:48 PM
People who get weapons training in any military or police force would have it drilled into them to be completely paranoid about aiming their weapon carelessly.

Daft notion ??
The only daft notion here would be to accept as any way factual the whole accidental discharge / ricochet/ wet hands nonsense that's been weaved and spun for 3 decades now by the Brit's and their collaborators in the free state permanent government.

This Holden p***k ( if he even was the trigger man , which I personally doubt) won't see a day of jail time I'd say - I do hope I am wrong but if you were putting money on the outcome it'll be some wishy washy wrist slap due to ill health , too long ago , etc etc
The whole f**king thing is a circus
My thoughts are with the family , a few of which I know very well , good honest people .

grounded

The BBC still have it on their page
   ' Mr McAnespie was known to security forces as a "person of interest" - an IRA suspect '
     Despite not a shred of evidence to prove anything. He was an innocemt fella going to a football match who was murdered. Not only that but he had been told he was going to be shot and killed by members of the same Army,  who he previously and had made a complaint about. The army subsequently followed through with his murder and covered it up for decades.
       What chance of justice?

seafoid

If a soldier in Denmark shot someone dead there would be outrage. But the North in the 80s/early 90s was not like Denmark. It was more like Israel where people are shot dead regularly because of impunity and because there is no military discipline.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

AustinPowers

Quote from: The Subbie on January 28, 2023, 01:50:10 AM

Daft notion ??
The only daft notion here would be to accept as any way factual the whole accidental discharge / ricochet/ wet hands nonsense that's been weaved and spun for 3 decades now by the Brit's and their collaborators in the free state permanent government.

This Holden p***k ( if he even was the trigger man , which I personally doubt) won't see a day of jail time I'd say - I do hope I am wrong but if you were putting money on the outcome it'll be some wishy washy wrist slap due to ill health , too long ago , etc etc
The whole f**king thing is a circus
My thoughts are with the family , a few of which I know very well , good honest people .

Correct. That's  what makes it all  the more sickening  for me.

general_lee

No justice like British justice!  >:(

David McKeown

Suspended sentence I see. As unpalatable as it was it's legally the correct result.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

tonto1888

square_ball

Quote from: David McKeown on February 02, 2023, 01:39:38 PM
Suspended sentence I see. As unpalatable as it was it's legally the correct result.

In layman terms how come? Genuine question.

general_lee

I thought he might have served some time, a year at least. I knew the sentence would be minimal, but why suspended?

tonto1888

Quote from: square_ball on February 02, 2023, 01:53:51 PM

In layman terms how come? Genuine question.

Id be interested in knowing the answer also

AustinPowers

The final  nail in the coffin  to  opposition to  the Brits  legacy bill

It's clearly not  working. Putting these  poor fellas who served their country  through the courts , blah blah blah