Leinster club championship 2022

Started by Sideline12, November 17, 2022, 10:03:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armagh18

Quote from: ardtole on December 07, 2022, 05:45:31 PM
Kilcoo are bordered by Castlewellan, Bryansford, Liatroim, Drumgath and Clonduff. I honestly don't know where they get all the players from.
Most of their main men are all related as well. They're a special case.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: ardtole on December 07, 2022, 05:45:31 PM
Kilcoo are bordered by Castlewellan, Bryansford, Liatroim, Drumgath and Clonduff. I honestly don't know where they get all the players from.

Few sets of brothers in that team, comes in cycles for some clubs
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Eire90

by superclubs i mean teams that will dominate their county and province and maybe all ireland for years could club championships end up with the same bunch of teams winning every year

shark

Quote from: Eire90 on December 07, 2022, 06:40:40 PM
by superclubs i mean teams that will dominate their county and province and maybe all ireland for years could club championships end up with the same bunch of teams winning every year

No reason to believe the future will be any different to the past. In over 50 years of the all-Ireland club, the club with most titles is at 7, and haven't added to it in 20 years. A club like Kilmacud won't dominate Leinster or All-Ireland , as they won't win Dublin regularly enough to do so. It's too competitive.
If the question is , will the larger Dublin clubs dominate Leinster.  Well that's already the case. Semis and finals in Croker doesn't help.

Armagh18

Cross were in their heyday then of course.

seafoid

Quote from: shark on December 07, 2022, 08:11:56 PM

No reason to believe the future will be any different to the past. In over 50 years of the all-Ireland club, the club with most titles is at 7, and haven't added to it in 20 years. A club like Kilmacud won't dominate Leinster or All-Ireland , as they won't win Dublin regularly enough to do so. It's too competitive.
If the question is , will the larger Dublin clubs dominate Leinster.  Well that's already the case. Semis and finals in Croker doesn't help.
The top Dublin club team is St Vincents with 3 all Irelands.

Ulster and Connacht domination are easier. Cross have 6 all Irelands. Corofin have 5.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

shark

Quote from: seafoid on December 08, 2022, 12:09:08 PM

Ulster and Connacht domination are easier. Cross have 6 all Irelands. Corofin have 5.

Munster pretty easy too , as Nemo have 7 all Irelands and 17 Munsters. They are surrounded by a number of clubs just as large as them. Difference is , Nemo are the only one who put football first and hurling second.

seafoid

Quote from: shark on December 08, 2022, 12:13:28 PM
Quote from: seafoid on December 08, 2022, 12:09:08 PM

Munster pretty easy too , as Nemo have 7 all Irelands and 17 Munsters. They are surrounded by a number of clubs just as large as them. Difference is , Nemo are the only one who put football first and  hurling second.
Plus the Kerry championship is designed to benefit the Sam Maguire effort.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Blowitupref

Good 1st half in the senior Leinster final. Kilmacud Crokes 0-9 Naas 0-7.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Gael85

Quote from: Blowitupref on December 02, 2023, 02:54:40 PMGood 1st half in the senior Leinster final. Kilmacud Crokes 0-9 Naas 0-7.

Naas not getting much from referee.

smort

Beirne very dangerous. I'd doubt he'll get as much room 2nd half

Who is the Shane on Co-comms?

And heslin is excellent, he'll be in the studio when he retires

Brendan

Cracking match by modern standards, I fear it'll be the same story croeks look in trou le for 50 minutes then pull away

Milltown Row2

Naas decent here and could pull a surprise
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

straightred

Left a few scores behind them in the 2nd half. They should be at least level

Blowitupref

50 mins played Kilmacud Crokes 0-11 Naas 0-10

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose