Leinster club championship 2022

Started by Sideline12, November 17, 2022, 10:03:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clarshack

Blowitupref

Quote from: shark on December 04, 2022, 05:10:44 PM
Quote from: Blowitupref on December 04, 2022, 05:02:57 PM
Looking like a routine Leinster final win for Kilmacud Crokes as they lead 1-9 to 0-1 at half time. The Downs looked decent the last day but this a major step up to what they faced thus far.

Was the same with Portarlington. They made a good team look terrible.

Colm Wooly Parkinson at the time reckoned Kilmacud less brutal than Port and based on the two semi finals the Downs should be encouraged for final. Hard to believe some people pay to listen to his views.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Wildweasel74

43mins to score a 2nd point, not good, Crokes looked very strong all year, alot better than last year. If Mannion been on board it been a foregone conclusion. Ref took the best hit of the game.

Wildweasel74

Loughlin a fairly good fballer, No. 11 not bad, but the rest are struggling. Why are these games in Croke Park, what's the attendance? Not fit all in parnell?

Armagh18

To be expected I suppose when you have a club team with the resources of a county. Hope Kilcoo beat them again

Baile an tuaigh

The Downs were brave but could you imagine if Shane Walsh was playing for them as opposed to the Crokes.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Armagh18 on December 04, 2022, 05:44:28 PM
To be expected I suppose when you have a club team with the resources of a county. Hope Kilcoo beat them again

Need to get over Glen first. Only lost after extra time in the AI final and no Shane Walsh then.  Any chance that Mannion will be fit for the AI series I'd wonder.

Milltown Row2

The bet was a draw -7 points! Bookies ain't poor!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Saul goodman

Quote from: Cunny Funt on December 04, 2022, 05:59:05 PM

Need to get over Glen first. Only lost after extra time in the AI final and no Shane Walsh then.  Any chance that Mannion will be fit for the AI series I'd wonder.

What is the craic with mannion he seems like an injury machine spends serious time on the sidelines - be some addition if he was back and fit tho

Armagh18

Quote from: Saul goodman on December 04, 2022, 06:57:46 PM
Quote from: Cunny Funt on December 04, 2022, 05:59:05 PM

What is the craic with mannion he seems like an injury machine spends serious time on the sidelines - be some addition if he was back and fit tho
Think it was the cruciate last year, could be wrong but know it was something serious enough, another long term one this year as well, awful frustrating for him I'm sure. Some loss to any team

Eire90

seafoid

Quote from: Eire90 on December 05, 2022, 10:31:35 PM
could we be in an era of superclubs
Dublin definitely is. Corofin and Kilcoo would also qualify
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Armagh18

Quote from: seafoid on December 07, 2022, 04:28:39 PM
Quote from: Eire90 on December 05, 2022, 10:31:35 PM
could we be in an era of superclubs
Dublin definitely is. Corofin and Kilcoo would also qualify
Kilcoo a superclub? They have a tiny area with a small pick.

general_lee

Small pick? They're a big rural club. They field 3 men's teams at senior level. They're from a small village with a big enough catchment area, I wouldn't call them a super-club though.

ardtole

Kilcoo are bordered by Castlewellan, Bryansford, Liatroim, Drumgath and Clonduff. I honestly don't know where they get all the players from.