Club social media

Started by Truth hurts, April 08, 2022, 01:59:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Truth hurts

What should be put on a club's social media?

Personally, I think that it should be used to advertise matches and events, match reports and photos, death notices.

Some clubs go way over the top and congratulate people on finishing their dinner. Get wee soon to wee Mary down the road.

BTW the death notices should be for immediate members, not a death notice every day.

Armagh18

Don't really see the issue in posting death notices of club members or their families or congratulating a club member or a local on achieving something. GAA is meant to be all about community.

Milltown Row2

Live lotto and selling lotto's, celebrating kids getting on development team. Memory lane, looking back at old teams and achievements.

Back in the day when it first became a thing there was (on the club website) a discussion forum, it went tits up after a few weeks with lads not taking to a bitta slagging, all that stuff has moved over to the team Whatsapp

I think it's a great thing to have, especially for those who live away from the place, during lock down we had a quiz every week which provided great craic, so they have their uses, outside of what has been mentioned
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Baile Brigín 2

Be very careful of putting images of kids up. You need parental permission and too many people forget the opposition team also need to give consent.

Square Ball

Putting kids photos on is a minefield indeed, team photos when one childs parents  has not given photo consent. Matches, scores, club events and promoting sponsors are the main things IMHO.
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Itchy

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on April 08, 2022, 09:38:15 PM
Be very careful of putting images of kids up. You need parental permission and too many people forget the opposition team also need to give consent.

It's built into Foireann I think, permission or not to put up photos.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Itchy on April 10, 2022, 07:27:27 PM

I'd imagine at a registration day that would be put in and if there is an opt out then the child that the parents want to have removed from photos can do that.

By the same token these kids have profiles on all sorts of social media outlets with a zillion photos
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Square Ball

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 10, 2022, 07:36:03 PM

I'd imagine at a registration day that would be put in and if there is an opt out then the child that the parents want to have removed from photos can do that.

By the same token these kids have profiles on all sorts of social media outlets with a zillion photos
it's one of the preset questions on Foireann, and I am sure people have incorrectly clicked it.
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Square Ball on April 10, 2022, 09:46:55 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 10, 2022, 07:36:03 PM

it's one of the preset questions on Foireann, and I am sure people have incorrectly clicked it.

And you know that?

WeeDonns

Quote from: Truth hurts on April 08, 2022, 01:59:01 PM

Personally, I think that it should be used to advertise matches and events, match reports and photos, death notices.

Some clubs go way over the top and congratulate people on finishing their dinner. Get wee soon to wee Mary down the road.

BTW the death notices should be for immediate members, not a death notice every day.

I've an issue with this one; I've found out on the club facebook of relatives dying
Its like a race to get broadcasting the news asap, that they don't allow time for people in other time zones to be informed

Truth hurts

Quote from: WeeDonns on April 11, 2022, 08:08:14 AM
Quote from: Truth hurts on April 08, 2022, 01:59:01 PM

Some clubs are brutal with funeral notices. No notice should be out up before the funeral undertaker outs it up.

I've an issue with this one; I've found out on the club facebook of relatives dying
Its like a race to get broadcasting the news asap, that they don't allow time for people in other time zones to be informed

thewobbler

The people moaning about too much club social media, would be the same people moaning if it stopped.

Moaners be moaners.

Too much information about your club is not a complaint folksy it's a luxury.

general_lee

Small gripe of mine are the clubs who are very active on social media except when it comes to updating the scores. Usually when they've just been tanked.