Started by Dire Ear, March 08, 2022, 10:00:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildweasel74

Price for cornflakes, that's bad.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on June 23, 2022, 10:40:17 PM
Price for cornflakes, that's bad.

Wouldn't buy them generally so not missing out lol

Wife is getting plenty of farm eggs for free from work colleague who has farm full of chickens!

Food wise I've noticed content is lighter for similar price
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

toby47

Quote from: Hereiam on June 23, 2022, 10:28:53 PM
just had a look around the local centra this evening

2L jar of milk £1.67
Loaf of bread £1.35
Packed of 6 pancakes £1.52
Box of Cornflakes £4.25
10 pk of ham £2.55
500ml bottle of Coke £1.90
Can of Coke £1.10
Small can of red bull £1.75

Most of the packets of buns/cakes etc are near £4

Where is this going to end.

If you bought the list above and the buns it would be over £20  :o

That list + 40 litres of fuel would cost £100 now. 12 months ago it would have been less than £65.

quit yo jibbajabba

Never usually looked at price of bread as knew it was a bit over a pound, lifted one those sour dough type ones last week, fcukin 2.55! So even simple things ye have to look a bit more closely at..

rrhf

Yes it is unsustainable for the average Joe... the price of smashed avocado and parma ham has went through the roof too..

tiempo

At work last year they took a savage hard line on overheads and expenditure, planning to save 20% or whatever, cue a good amount of innovative saving ideas and also a lot of downright fakery to try and meet the target

Anyway so I took the opportunity to review my own budgeting and really drill down into where I was spending my money

Has been a real win win for me, instead of spending erratically I'm a lot more in tune with what I need and what I'm getting for my money, this has allowed me to really commit to a decent overpayment on my mortgage which I was already doing

Anyone forecasting a tightening of the belt going forward I'd fully recommend a full review of your ins and outs while still trying to leave a bit of room for leisure expenses etc as best you can

Milltown Row2

Quote from: rrhf on June 24, 2022, 09:17:40 AM
Yes it is unsustainable for the average Joe... the price of smashed avocado and parma ham has went through the roof too..

Not too many average joe's getting a smashed avocado with some parma!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Truth hurts

Hendersons are the biggest rip-off in the country and should be boycotted. Shop in Lidl etc and buy their own brands for the most stuff. Its have the price and less and tastes the same. £2.10 for mustard in my local Hendersons, its £55p in Lidl and tastes better.

Rossfan

Quote from: rrhf on June 24, 2022, 09:17:40 AM
Has GONE !!!!
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Last Man

Quote from: Truth hurts on June 24, 2022, 10:55:55 AM
Hendersons are the biggest rip-off in the country and should be boycotted. Shop in Lidl etc and buy their own brands for the most stuff. Its have the price and less and tastes the same. £2.10 for mustard in my local Hendersons, its £55p in Lidl and tastes better.
You can't actually buy mustard in France atm, or at best it's one jar per customer . Was told it was something to do with failure of the Canadian mustard seed crop. Mad that there's no word of that here.

Tony Baloney

You'd need a loan to shop in Mullan's Spar in Armagh. Mad prices.

I can't get my missus talked into shopping outside of Sainsburys or buying own brand as she has this very old fashioned "yellow pack" view that they can't possibly be as good despite me telling her that in a lot of instances it's the same stuff from the same factory!

RedHand88

Quote from: Tony Baloney on June 24, 2022, 12:34:56 PM
You'd need a loan to shop in Mullan's Spar in Armagh. Mad prices.

I can't get my missus talked into shopping outside of Sainsburys or buying own brand as she has this very old fashioned "yellow pack" view that they can't possibly be as good despite me telling her that in a lot of instances it's the same stuff from the same factory!

Tell her to stop having notions!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Last Man on June 24, 2022, 12:26:38 PM
You can't actually buy mustard in France atm, or at best it's one jar per customer . Was told it was something to do with failure of the Canadian mustard seed crop. Mad that there's no word of that here.

Just out of tesco there and they had plenty...

Anyways, if I get a break in the day on a Friday I tend to nip out and do the usual weekend shop..

Wasn't too bad and stayed with the clubcard priced items, fresh veg, chicken, mince beef, sausages, steak (for me tonight as she's out) wine (5 bottles) beer, sodas pancakes, couple of the street food recipes (which are great and handy) some passata and some crisps and biscuits and chocolate..

£79 after the clubcard deductions

tonto1888

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 24, 2022, 12:37:24 PM

Anyways, if I get a break in the day on a Friday I tend to nip out and do the usual weekend shop..

Wasn't too bad and stayed with the clubcard priced items, fresh veg, chicken, mince beef, sausages, steak (for me tonight as she's out) wine (5 bottles) beer, sodas pancakes, couple of the street food recipes (which are great and handy) some passata and some crisps and biscuits and chocolate..

what did ye buy for the rest of the family?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: tonto1888 on June 24, 2022, 12:40:42 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 24, 2022, 12:37:24 PM

what did ye buy for the rest of the family?

She always says that... not my area of expertise in fairness, though in most cases they'll eat pasta, curry, pizza and McDonalds

Oh left out I got the dog food at a far cheaper price than those bandits Henderson group and some dentist sticks for my besties  ;D