Ulster Club SFC 2021

Started by general_lee, November 14, 2021, 07:32:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walter Cronc

Quote from: North Man on December 20, 2021, 10:55:09 PM
Do the homework on housing and then discuss.

OK then expert. Do share the vast knowledge to us plebs

Man Marker

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on December 20, 2021, 11:00:33 PM
Who gets the money . Bet you the wee hurling club in city wouldn't see a Penny

The self help model seems lost on you.

Wildweasel74

I know Na Magha a stand alone hurling club. What the situation with uself and Dolans, in the same area, did they get there facilities updated awhile bck. I always wondered why you never looked at joint use of a pitch. I know it got that bad between Dungiven and Kevin Lynch they operate totally independent of each other

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Man Marker on December 20, 2021, 11:15:18 PM

Do you actually know anything about the history of Celtic Park and its people and history? Have you bought one of our tickets? I'm still awaiting response on what council area you are in.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on December 20, 2021, 11:34:57 PM
I know Na Magha a stand alone hurling club. What the situation with uself and Dolans, in the same area, did they get there facilities updated awhile bck. I always wondered why you never looked at joint use of a pitch. I know it got that bad between Dungiven and Kevin Lynch they operate totally independent of each other

They are getting big set up, sold land to Apex, we have no players whatsoever from.creggan or bog.  Steelstown be our closest and strongest linked club, but we take from a lot of clubs..we have good pitch and clubhouse now with loads of scope , just need marked man to tell us how to turbo boost the fund raising

We have loads dual player s

Wildweasel74

Yes I know few play for Dolans,

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on December 21, 2021, 12:09:27 AM
Yes I know few play for Dolans,

Alan Grant the only one now, he's recovering from second cruciate, nobody underage as far as I'm aware , pity , untapped area

Man Marker

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on December 20, 2021, 11:48:05 PM

Do you actually know anything about the history of Celtic Park and its people and history? Have you bought one of our tickets? I'm still awaiting response on what council area you are in.

I actually did buy one of your tickets. Thats how most clubs get their funds, there isn't many other ways unless you a have a good social club. Our club did a ticket drive a handful of years ago, organised our members to sell the tickets and gathered £250,000 What's your target for sales?

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Man Marker on December 21, 2021, 09:40:17 AM

I actually did buy one of your tickets. Thats how most clubs get their funds, there isn't many other ways unless you a have a good social club. Our club did a ticket drive a handful of years ago, organised our members to sell the tickets and gathered £250,000 What's your target for sales?

Thanks much appreciatedwe are looking to get £60k , what council area are you in? Does the council provide the rates payers a pitch strategy that covers all sports?
It's not begging , it's just services for your rates . I'm paying rates for soccer pitches atm

JoG2

Drumsurn recently had a very successful fund raiser, with a £50k motorhome up for grabs . I'd be surprised if anyone in the 6 counties hadn't heard of it. They put in some serious leg work. Posters / signs up everywhere. Club members at every championship game selling. Serious effort and a hefty lift of money raised for lights, a walkway around the facilities etc

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: JoG2 on December 21, 2021, 11:10:40 AM
Drumsurn recently had a very successful fund raiser, with a £50k motorhome up for grabs . I'd be surprised if anyone in the 6 counties hadn't heard of it. They put in some serious leg work. Posters / signs up everywhere. Club members at every championship game selling. Serious effort and a hefty lift of money raised for lights, a walkway around the facilities etc

Yeah seen that , we have done the same , been all over at games , doors etc, motorhome a great prize , everyone wants one ATM. Any idea what they lifted

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on December 21, 2021, 11:02:18 AM

Thanks much appreciatedwe are looking to get £60k , what council area are you in? Does the council provide the rates payers a pitch strategy that covers all sports?
It's not begging , it's just services for your rates . I'm paying rates for soccer pitches atm

Your council should be stepping up to the plate and providing GAA pitches to facilitate your team like they do in soccer. I can understand some unionist  controlled councils taking the piss but this has been a nationalist controlled council for many years. There really is no excuse, once that is achieved you can look to buy that pitch from the council and run it as your own.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 21, 2021, 11:18:40 AM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on December 21, 2021, 11:02:18 AM

Your council should be stepping up to the plate and providing GAA pitches to facilitate your team like they do in soccer. I can understand some unionist  controlled councils taking the piss but this has been a nationalist controlled council for many years. There really is no excuse, once that is achieved you can look to buy that pitch from the council and run it as your own.

To be fair to them , they have granted us some land for development adjacenct to our pitch but it will take 100s thousands,we will get there.

Yeah I agree council should provide for all sports , i don't get why people think thsts begging, it's nowhere near level playing field in Derry ( excuse the pun).

We can't get on any of the 4g facilities run by community groups - blocked booked by aoccer

JoG2

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on December 21, 2021, 11:14:40 AM

Yeah seen that , we have done the same , been all over at games , doors etc, motorhome a great prize , everyone wants one ATM. Any idea what they lifted

Fear, was told the other day that they sold northwards of 17k tickets. Factor in early bird and multiples eg 3 tix for £50 etc, they must have lifted around 200k give or take.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: JoG2 on December 21, 2021, 11:24:30 AM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on December 21, 2021, 11:14:40 AM

Fear, was told the other day that they sold northwards of 17k tickets. Factor in early bird and multiples eg 3 tix for £50 etc, they must have lifted around 200k give or take.

Wow, fair play , very astute choice of prize