Started by general_lee, November 14, 2021, 07:32:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on December 20, 2021, 10:10:05 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 20, 2021, 10:03:18 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on December 20, 2021, 10:01:05 PM
Lol. We spent 2.5k there over last few months on pitch hire. Nearly busted us

Council pitch?

Naw other clubs , we were out 2 nights a week for 10 weeks , plus bit of food and wee bit of help with diesel for young lads. Probably closer to 2k tbh. No councilgaa pitches in city with lights. Pearses only club with lights but they only got pitch through social development fund there and it apparently has issues. Shared with soccer club . Our council are useless , Barry o Hagen from Armagh stealing a living, talking about same pitches strategy 15 years. local parties only interested in soccer

Nationalist council for donkeys years and ya can't get them to sort ya out with a pitch? Crazy
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

North Man

Fear
Can your club not install floodlights

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 20, 2021, 10:14:36 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on December 20, 2021, 10:10:05 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 20, 2021, 10:03:18 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on December 20, 2021, 10:01:05 PM
Lol. We spent 2.5k there over last few months on pitch hire. Nearly busted us

Council pitch?

Naw other clubs , we were out 2 nights a week for 10 weeks , plus bit of food and wee bit of help with diesel for young lads. Probably closer to 2k tbh. No councilgaa pitches in city with lights. Pearses only club with lights but they only got pitch through social development fund there and it apparently has issues. Shared with soccer club . Our council are useless , Barry o Hagen from Armagh stealing a living, talking about same pitches strategy 15 years. local parties only interested in soccer

Nationalist council for donkeys years and ya can't get them to sort ya out with a pitch? Crazy

Honestly, Shinners are all soccer heads now McGuinness gone ,young Durkey from SDLP only one with any real GAA background. That new SF doll we got from Strabane Ferguson very anti GAA.

thewobbler

To chip in here. First of all it turns my stomach to read and hear (occasionally first hand) the financial demands of a senior club football team.

Especially so when for at least half the clubs in the land, they're not doing much more than burning money. For if the talent isn't there, then coaching matters little. He and his band of merry mercenaries might well get them fitter and stronger. He may even teach them how to play the modern pollutant of protecting the scoreboard at all costs. But the championship titles won't get closer unless a club is producing enough quality players who are dialled into the demands of Gaelic games.

BUT, the thought of running this through the books is something that everyone needs to get out of their heads.

What it would lead to is to every force small and medium sized club through the same endless paperwork and employment regulations, while undoubtedly putting the price per session up. So none of these clubs benefit. They just get pain.

Whereas the bigger clubs with the bigger sponsors - those who actively chase down club SFC titles and will happily bank roll it - wouldn't have to worry about such things. The reality is that for the majority of these clubs, the money never actually enters or leaves the club. It's paid directly from sponsor to management.

If there's a financial or legal whizzkid on here who can propose a way to make such transactions a matter that the GAA could investigate, let alone punish through rules, then please share. I really would love to hear it.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Man Marker

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on December 20, 2021, 10:20:17 PM
Quote from: North Man on December 20, 2021, 10:15:08 PM
Fear

We have no money .

God forbid you have to raise your own capital like the rest of us instead of whinging about the council. Funny enough we got nothing from the council either

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Man Marker on December 20, 2021, 10:23:49 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on December 20, 2021, 10:20:17 PM
Quote from: North Man on December 20, 2021, 10:15:08 PM
Fear

We have no money .

God forbid you have to raise your own capital like the rest of us instead of whinging about the council. Funny enough we got nothing from the council either

I never whinged. I replied to a question. And if you visit namagha.ie you can buy a ticket in our latest fundraiser.
What council area are you in?

We are still your traditional club based on volunteers and zero pay

North Man

Fear
Most of the rural clubs around Derry have erected lights in the last 20 years or so.
I suggest you have a conversation with them to see what route to take.
It won't be easy but you need to make a start

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: North Man on December 20, 2021, 10:28:22 PM
Fear
Most of the rural clubs around Derry have erected lights in the last 20 years or so.
I suggest you have a conversation with them to see what route to take.
It won't be easy but you need to make a start

I know that but we only got a pitch in 2010 after being rejected time and time again on various locations. My point wasn't about lights it was about how mad it is to see the money clubs spend on coaching when others struggle with pitch hire. Our membership in only 10er a year, because traditionally our players cans from socially deprived area, we should defs look at that as we are a lot cheaper than most

Walter Cronc

Fear when you speak like that surely the sensible thing is to sell Celtic Park and invest it in city clubs, Owenbeg and clubs across the county!

North Man

There is no major value in Celtic Park other than a sports ground.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Walter Cronc on December 20, 2021, 10:41:47 PM
Fear when you speak like that surely the sensible thing is to sell Celtic Park and invest it in city clubs, Owenbeg and clubs across the county!

Charged us a 100 there to use lights, Owenbeg was 150 fir an hour. Aye I'd love more access to it. My rates are getting higher every year and all I see is more soccer pitches , I'm not sure why the Tyrone man says it whingin .

Btw any good hurling umpires around Tyrone?

Walter Cronc

Quote from: North Man on December 20, 2021, 10:44:14 PM
There is no major value in Celtic Park other than a sports ground.

Housing surely

North Man

Do the homework on housing and then discuss.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Who gets the money . Bet you the wee hurling club in city wouldn't see a Penny