Ulster Club SFC 2021

Started by general_lee, November 14, 2021, 07:32:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildweasel74

From watching the game on tg4 the ref got in the way a few times,

bennydorano

Big  big crowd, cowl as f**k, poor game. While the keeper's mistake was obviously crucial I thought Kilcoo were a slightly better side tbh, Glen a bit young & green maybe and they didnt have a marquee forward today.

Hoof Hearted

As a neutral
Absolute pish
Waited until half 5 to watch it " live "
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Ghost

Might not agree with the way they play but there can be no complaints about the result. If kilcoo had of lost they would have been kicking themselves. Should have put them away in normal time.

That glen team will be back right enough

Milltown Row2

Two experienced teams in the final, best team won today.

There was some amount of clothesline'ing going on during that match
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

SHEEDY

Real Ulster club football battle there, Kilcoo's greater experience and know how got them a probably deserved win. Jerome Johnston was kept pretty quiet but one slip and he was in. Kilcoo always seem to do enough to get the win. Miceal Rooney deserved man of the match I thought.
nil satis nisi optimum

grounded

I actually thought it was an interesting tactical battle. I thought Glen were well in control in extra time and would have went on to win until the keepers mistake.
   In a game with scores hard to come by that was a killer. Brilliant finish by Jerome.
   Kilcoo bypassed midfield which helped to reduce Glass's impact. I thought he (Glass) was terrific though and along with mcFaul kept Glen in the game.
     Will be a very similar final!

Throw ball

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on December 19, 2021, 07:36:37 PM
As a neutral
Absolute pish
Waited until half 5 to watch it " live "

100%

Wildweasel74

Thought Glass was the best player on the pitch. Why they went short for the kick out when they were doing well at Midfield was strange. Kilcoo are a very fit team but may struggle with that big crokes team if they met them.

Armagh18

Entertaining at times, shite at others. Both teams in serious shape

The Trap

Feck me lads if you didn't find that game enjoyable and intriguing to watch you may find another sport.

SHEEDY

Quote from: The Trap on December 19, 2021, 08:21:55 PM
Feck me lads if you didn't find that game enjoyable and intriguing to watch you may find another sport.
thought it was good watch myself, real battle between 2 good teams.
nil satis nisi optimum

yellowcard

The final will be a repeat of the 2019 semi final when Derrygonnrlly beat themselves with the amount of gilt edged chances they missed. I think it will be another close fought low scoring arm wrestle but again that suits Kilcoo down to the ground. They have a weakness around the middle but still very few teams seem capable of exploiting this.

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: The Trap on December 19, 2021, 08:21:55 PM

When's the bowls on or when does Wimbledon start ?
That wasn't gaelic
Fuckin dung it was
If people found it intriguing and enjoyable well then each to their own..
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

tbrick18

That was a woeful game. Kilcoo set up with everyone behind the ball and then counter.

Glen missed an awful lot of easy ish scores in normal time, so even though the keeper error gifted kilcoo a goal I think Glen really should have won it in normal time..

Kilcoo will be hard to beat, but they are hard to watch.