Ulster Club SFC 2021

Started by general_lee, November 14, 2021, 07:32:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

If yesterday's game has given us any indication as to how today's game will go it's one thing, experience in this competition means a lot.

The good thing for Glen is they have had two games already, that's more than some teams get in ten years!!  So while I think they have plenty potential this game will be a huge test, and it's only a semi, not the 'real final' as it's been mentioned in the media by people.

Looking forward to it, if Kilcoo win they'll be, in my book, too good for Derrygonnelly, if Glen win I expect the final to be very close
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Throw ball

Quote from: Gold on December 18, 2021, 11:22:54 PM
Quote from: tintin25 on December 18, 2021, 10:02:12 PM
Declan Cassidy - think he was on a couple of McKenna cup panels (talking 13/14 years ago) previously.  Always been reknown as a very good club footballer in Fermanagh and actually won senior footballer of the year at recent fermanagh allstar awards.  He's going rightly for a boy of 38.

Should've played for years. 100mph Hardy boy, great footballer but his brother Kevin who played till aged about 43 last year was arguably the best forward in Fermanagh for 20 years but never played County.

Derrygonnelly were class and well worth their victory. Laverty wrong to give the 2nd yellow, the pull meant McGullion slipped into the man , bad miss by the ref.....could've changed the game, DG did well to hang on

To be fair to the referee I think he got DG red correct. If I am not mistaken the rule is the player making the tackle has to make sure he doesn't connect with the head - even accidentally as in this case. The minimum penalty is a yellow card. I think it was introduced for health and safety reasons.

As for match CE are much better than they looked but DG got off to a great start and used their experience.  A well deserved win. It would be good to see them win Ulster.

tonto1888

Quote from: Throw ball on December 19, 2021, 10:15:48 AM
Quote from: Gold on December 18, 2021, 11:22:54 PM
Quote from: tintin25 on December 18, 2021, 10:02:12 PM
Declan Cassidy - think he was on a couple of McKenna cup panels (talking 13/14 years ago) previously.  Always been reknown as a very good club footballer in Fermanagh and actually won senior footballer of the year at recent fermanagh allstar awards.  He's going rightly for a boy of 38.

Should've played for years. 100mph Hardy boy, great footballer but his brother Kevin who played till aged about 43 last year was arguably the best forward in Fermanagh for 20 years but never played County.

Derrygonnelly were class and well worth their victory. Laverty wrong to give the 2nd yellow, the pull meant McGullion slipped into the man , bad miss by the ref.....could've changed the game, DG did well to hang on

To be fair to the referee I think he got DG red correct. If I am not mistaken the rule is the player making the tackle has to make sure he doesn't connect with the head - even accidentally as in this case. The minimum penalty is a yellow card. I think it was introduced for health and safety reasons.

As for match CE are much better than they looked but DG got off to a great start and used their experience.  A well deserved win. It would be good to see them win Ulster.

I think that rule needs looking at. Look at the yellow TK got and the yellow the DG 8 got. Both under the same rule but two very different tackles which didn't merit the same punishment

charlieTully

Is today's game available to watch anywhere?

grounded

Quote from: charlieTully on December 19, 2021, 11:11:13 AM
https://www.gaago.ie/fixture/PL5-21-F-46

Its on gaago but i'm not sure what the stream would be like. Has anybody else used this before?

Hoof Hearted

Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

snoopdog

on the sideline

Quote from: redzone on December 19, 2021, 09:30:39 AM
Has Michael Gylnn ever played for Derrygonnelly. I don't remember ever seeing his name for them in team sheets.

He played last year.

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: snoopdog on December 19, 2021, 11:32:15 AM
Quote from: Hoof Hearted on December 19, 2021, 11:29:16 AM

Tg4 at 5.30
That's deferred highlights.

Not highlights its the full game
Avoid the score and watch it

FermGael

Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

Armagh18

Yeah in Armagh;) I think it's on GAA
GO?

Hoof Hearted

Who do the ulster winners play in the AI semi final ?

Captain Obvious

0-4 each at the break a hard game to call.

yellowcard

Quote from: Captain Obvious on December 19, 2021, 04:46:04 PM
0-4 each at the break a hard game to call.

And a hard game to watch. Probably should have expected this though, Kilcoo know no other way.