Ulster Club SFC 2021

Started by general_lee, November 14, 2021, 07:32:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrico2006

Quote from: OgraAnDun on December 17, 2021, 06:34:50 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on December 17, 2021, 02:06:29 PM
Quote from: Brick Tamlin on December 16, 2021, 04:41:44 PM
He won't have faced anything like he will against kilcoo. They'll be like flies round shite. They won't allow him to dictate things. Same for Glass.

He will have faced better teams than Kilcoo throughout the years.  There will be nothing new in this game that he hasnt faced before.

I don't think the comment was in reference to the quality of footballer he'd be up against.

By better I meant in all aspects of the game - how Kilcoo approach/play the game is not unique.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

befair

Quote from: nrico2006 on December 17, 2021, 08:43:01 PM
Quote from: OgraAnDun on December 17, 2021, 06:34:50 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on December 17, 2021, 02:06:29 PM
Quote from: Brick Tamlin on December 16, 2021, 04:41:44 PM
He won't have faced anything like he will against kilcoo. They'll be like flies round shite. They won't allow him to dictate things. Same for Glass.

He will have faced better teams than Kilcoo throughout the years.  There will be nothing new in this game that he hasnt faced before.

I don't think the comment was in reference to the quality of footballer he'd be up against.

By better I meant in all aspects of the game - how Kilcoo approach/play the game is not unique.

Much depends on whether Daryl Brannigan is fit; the best club player in Down for years, he really drives Kilcoo on from centre-half back. They are probably still a decent bet at 7/4, game is probably even money.

general_lee

Really fascinating tie tomorrow, on the field and the sideline between shrewd operators wearing the bainisteoir bibs. Still think Glen will edge it, but only just. Tonight's tie will also be interesting, DG rightly favourites and will take some stopping, CE need to be on top of their game to stand a chance, think conditions might favour their style of play more than it will DG

Milltown Row2

Quote from: general_lee on December 18, 2021, 10:58:16 AM
Really fascinating tie tomorrow, on the field and the sideline between shrewd operators wearing the bainisteoir bibs. Still think Glen will edge it, but only just. Tonight's tie will also be interesting, DG rightly favourites and will take some stopping, CE need to be on top of their game to stand a chance, think conditions might favour their style of play more than it will DG

Have the conditions changed since their last game? Weather is dry not too cold either, id say is brilliant conditions
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

lenny

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 18, 2021, 02:49:44 PM
Quote from: general_lee on December 18, 2021, 10:58:16 AM

Have the conditions changed since their last game? Weather is dry not too cold either, id say is brilliant conditions

I fancy Derrygonnelly for this one.

grounded

Desperate start for Clan Eireann.

armaghniac

Quote from: grounded on December 18, 2021, 06:45:55 PM
Desperate start for Clan Eireann.

They have allowed too much of a lead for their usual Houdini act.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Wildweasel74

Inexperience at Ulster does make a big difference.

general_lee

Silly second yellow to pick up when you're cruising

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on December 18, 2021, 06:56:59 PM
Inexperience at Ulster does make a big difference.
Clan Eireann looking a bit lost alright.

tintin25

Thought the second yellow was abit harsh.  Clann Eireann will be doing well to overturn that deficit, even with the extra man.  Early goal for them would make it interesting though in the 2nd half.

PMG1

Quote from: general_lee on December 18, 2021, 07:02:34 PM
Very harsh, CE man was pulling his jersey as he went in to make the tackle and put him off balance which made it look clumsy, could be a game changer

tintin25

Quote from: PMG1 on December 18, 2021, 07:10:03 PM
Quote from: general_lee on December 18, 2021, 07:02:34 PM
Very harsh, CE man was pulling his jersey as he went in to make the tackle and put him off balance which made it look clumsy, could be a game changer

That's how it looked to me

imtommygunn

Creggan were eight up. Can they do the same??

Milltown Row2

That was two new teams, these lads will not let that lead go
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea