Started by general_lee, November 14, 2021, 07:32:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lenny

Quote from: straightred on December 05, 2021, 05:12:18 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on December 05, 2021, 04:57:59 PM
Quote from: lenny on December 05, 2021, 04:31:35 PM
Quote from: straightred on December 05, 2021, 04:29:43 PM
Quote from: Estimator on December 05, 2021, 04:27:06 PM
McQuillan has been riding Glen since the sending off. Shocking that Beggan got away with that.
dont know about that... scotstown should have had a penalty in the 1st half for a blatant push. Apart from that there hasn't been any obvious mistakes

That's a very dangerous tackle by beggan. Red card all day long
Thought it was a fair tackle, ball was on the ground it was there to be played for and he won it. Darren Cues can't have any argument with being put off though and his brother didn't seem to have any argument about being put off either.
I thought so too. We dont want the game to go the way soccer has gone. He had to get it spot on and he did. Didnt matter much in the end anyway. The Glen would have won even if it had stayed 15 v 15

Okay, so we're happy enough for lads to jump feet first into tackles when their opponent is trying to pick the ball up. Crazy. It was a cowardly tackle from Beggan and deserved a red card. Darren Hughes was unlucky, definitely not a red but it was a yellow and he was stupid because the free was awarded long before he ran in to get involved.

yellowcard

Quote from: Orior on December 05, 2021, 05:51:29 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on December 05, 2021, 04:52:06 PM
Yes, well done to Clann Eireann it's never easy for a first timer to progress in Ulster but they have a decent chance of making an Ulster final now although Derrygonelly will be expected to win that one being a more seasoned outfit.

Is the McDonald lad any relation to Rory McIlroy?

Haven't a clue.

rodney trotter

Glen probaly have the height advantage in a few areas over Kilcoo. Bradley and Glass are huge, McFaul .. Kilcoo are a well conditioned team with a lot of pace. Eugene Brannigan was flying in the skins.

Orior

Quote from: yellowcard on December 05, 2021, 06:42:12 PM
Quote from: Orior on December 05, 2021, 05:51:29 PM
Yes, well done to Clann Eireann it's never easy for a first timer to progress in Ulster but they have a decent chance of making an Ulster final now although Derrygonelly will be expected to win that one being a more seasoned outfit.

Is the McDonald lad any relation to Rory McIlroy?

Haven't a clue.

Well find out ffs.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

grounded

Quote from: rodney trotter on December 05, 2021, 06:43:53 PM
Glen probaly have the height advantage in a few areas over Kilcoo. Bradley and Glass are huge, McFaul .. Kilcoo are a well conditioned team with a lot of pace. Eugene Brannigan was flying in the skins.

Certainly Glen have a major advantage in midfield over Kilcoo. Kilcoo have been able to deal with this in the past but your man Glass is in a different league.
      After watching that today i'd fancy Glen over Kilcoo but not by much.

theticklemister

Ramor went out played man to man and left oceans of space. Glen will not do so.

Definite red card for Beggan. Can't believe a free wasn't even given.

general_lee

No reason why Clann Éireann can't take them. I know the old adage that physicality comes up trumps in winter football but Clann Éireann are a very fit team, in a few of their games this year they've been well behind but their fitness has shown through and they've finished strongly

tintin25

Nah, I fancy the Tyrone champs to hammer them...oh wait

Joking aside, Derrygonnelly v Clann Eireann will be another tight one.  Both will fancy their chances.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: tintin25 on December 05, 2021, 07:32:49 PM

Joking aside, Derrygonnelly v Clann Eireann will be another tight one.  Both will fancy their chances.

Why are people underestimating the Fermanagh lads? CE in fairness only played about 30 minutes and won the game in extra time. That's was down to Creggan not seeing it out when 6 or 7 up, Derrygonnelly won't allow that to happen
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

tintin25

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 05, 2021, 07:39:36 PM

Why are people underestimating the Fermanagh lads? CE in fairness only played about 30 minutes and won the game in extra time. That's was down to Creggan not seeing it out when 6 or 7 up, Derrygonnelly won't allow that to happen

In fairness, Fermanagh clubs had a fairly dismal record in the Ulster senior club for a good few years after Enniskillen made their second final back in 2002.  I get why they'd normally be seen as easy pickings but anyone with any sort of recent knowledge could see that Derrygonnelly wouldn't be a pushover.  Don't think it's a case of Clann Eireann underestimating them, geniunely think it'll be another tight one.

general_lee

It's another 50/50 and could go either way

FermGael

It's a pity Derrygonnelly don't have Micheal Gylnn available.
He is a massive loss for them. 
Contracted to Derry City but out on loan to Dungannon Swift's.

But the return of Shane McGullion to the forward line yesterday was a big boost for them. He hasn't played a game all year for them.
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

Milltown Row2

Quote from: tintin25 on December 05, 2021, 07:55:52 PM

In fairness, Fermanagh clubs had a fairly dismal record in the Ulster senior club for a good few years after Enniskillen made their second final back in 2002.  I get why they'd normally be seen as easy pickings but anyone with any sort of recent knowledge could see that Derrygonnelly wouldn't be a pushover.  Don't think it's a case of Clann Eireann underestimating them, geniunely think it'll be another tight one.

The Gaels were some outfit, probably one of the best teams not to win an Ulster.

Ulster very rarely has a first time winner, if they do it's usually a Derry team, Glen looked very strong today, will be no quarter given next day out.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

rodney trotter

I remember Glynn was on that St Michael's team that won the.Hogan.Cup..classy Centre forward, good at they frees .

tonto1888

Who is underestimating them? CE are my club but I'd have DG as favourites given their experience in Ulster. That said CE will go into it with no fear.