Ulster Club SFC 2021

Started by general_lee, November 14, 2021, 07:32:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armagh18

Quote from: grounded on November 26, 2021, 02:06:17 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 26, 2021, 01:36:49 PM
Quote from: grounded on November 26, 2021, 01:28:45 PM
Just get the feeling that Kilcoo have a lot more in the bag. Seemed to stutter through Down Championship. Seasoned Ulster veterans and that has got to count for something even if a few of their players are probably past their prime.

Referee'd them a couple of seasons ago at the Uni, christ they were a fast moving team, inter play and movement off the ball was pretty good, plenty players that came on also and fitted in well with their system. They might get it tighter in their own county, teams are getting wise and they are getting older so its no surprise that its tough in your own championship.

You could well be right.
I just get the feeling they are timing their peak for this ulster championship rather than the Down championship. It they did it was a dangerous tactic as they nearly got caught out a few times.
Yeah a bit like the old Cross teams, pushed all the way in Armagh plenty of times too but always came through.

toby47

Just get the feeling that Kilcoo have a lot more in the bag. Seemed to stutter through Down Championship. Seasoned Ulster veterans and that has got to count for something even if a few of their players are probably past their prime.

Referee'd them a couple of seasons ago at the Uni, christ they were a fast moving team, inter play and movement off the ball was pretty good, plenty players that came on also and fitted in well with their system. They might get it tighter in their own county, teams are getting wise and they are getting older so its no surprise that its tough in your own championship.

You could well be right.
I just get the feeling they are timing their peak for this ulster championship rather than the Down championship. It they did it was a dangerous tactic as they nearly got caught out a few times.

I agree, i think they have been trying to peak for Ulster. There was a gathering of about 10 people in the bar the night Kilcoo won the Down Championship. They are probably looking ahead to bigger things. Although they have a couple of injury problems so they could be up against it.

Armagh18

Quote from: toby47 on November 26, 2021, 03:05:42 PM

You could well be right.

I agree, i think they have been trying to peak for Ulster. There was a gathering of about 10 people in the bar the night Kilcoo won the Down Championship. They are probably looking ahead to bigger things. Although they have a couple of injury problems so they could be up against it.
If ye can't celebrate winning a county championship what is the point?

Walter Cronc

Good luck to them but the incident with Cross years ago soured them for me!

Armagh18

Quote from: Walter Cronc on November 26, 2021, 05:13:49 PM
What was that? I've heard a few stories of things said on the pitch by Kilcoo lads that were so vile they shouldn't have been walking off.

mrdeeds

Quote from: Armagh18 on November 26, 2021, 03:06:36 PM

You could well be right.

I think Ramor will put it up to them. A talented full forward line and tough physical backs.

imtommygunn

Quote from: Armagh18 on November 26, 2021, 05:48:39 PM
What was that? I've heard a few stories of things said on the pitch by Kilcoo lads that were so vile they shouldn't have been walking off.

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/father-of-racially-abused-crossmaglen-player-will-not-attend-ulster-club-tie-against-kilcoo-1.1578384

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on November 26, 2021, 05:56:49 PM

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/father-of-racially-abused-crossmaglen-player-will-not-attend-ulster-club-tie-against-kilcoo-1.1578384

If no one knew about this  I'd be surprised, maybe just looking it to be brought up
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

Tbh I had forgot about it. I mind turning on the tv and watching that game and it was one of the most toxic games I had ever seen. Just really bad atmosphere.

grounded

Quote from: mrdeeds on November 26, 2021, 05:48:50 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on November 26, 2021, 03:06:36 PM

You could well be right.

I think Ramor will put it up to them. A talented full forward line and tough physical backs.

Yes, i think their full forward line accounted for all their scores against Gowna. That James Brady looks a handful for any defender. That being said, if Kilcoo can put the clinkers on that line Ramor will be in trouble.

grounded

Quote from: imtommygunn on November 26, 2021, 02:49:18 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 26, 2021, 02:22:39 PM

You could well be right.

We'd have done that in our pump, but as you say, one bad performance and you've egg on your face, what struck me about them, they aint the biggest side, I mean physically I've seen bigger teams, but lighting pace makes up for it. They aint shy in throwing it about either, nothing wrong with that too

Within reason. As a neutral from another county who knew nothing about them before seeing them on tv I don't like them at all and prefer to see them beat...

"No one likes us, we don't care" 
         Its funny when trying to define what Kilcoo are.  I suppose they are very like Slaughtneil, St Galls or Cross. The club comes first and is greater than the county.
        I'd guess for me, the team they most resemble is the Tyrone senior football team. Ruthless, do anything to win and fiercely defensive off and loyal to their players and fans.(not forgetting and most importantly some brilliant players).
         I'm no big fan of either Kilcoo or Tyrone but you have to have a grudging admiration and respect for what they have achieved.

JoG2

Quote from: grounded on November 27, 2021, 11:54:38 AM

You could well be right.

We'd have done that in our pump, but as you say, one bad performance and you've egg on your face, what struck me about them, they aint the biggest side, I mean physically I've seen bigger teams, but lighting pace makes up for it. They aint shy in throwing it about either, nothing wrong with that too

Within reason. As a neutral from another county who knew nothing about them before seeing them on tv I don't like them at all and prefer to see them beat...

Its funny when trying to define what Kilcoo are.  I suppose they are very like Slaughtneil, St Galls or Cross. The club comes first and is greater than the county.
        I'd guess for me, the team they most resemble is the Tyrone senior football team. Ruthless, do anything to win and fiercely defensive off and loyal to their players and fans.(not forgetting some brilliant players).
         I'm no big fan of either Kilcoo or Tyrone but you have to have a grudging admiration and respect for what they have achieved.

Slaughtneil men, club and county. Have you seen Derry senior football panels over the last number of years?

grounded

Quote from: JoG2 on November 27, 2021, 12:44:19 PM
Quote from: grounded on November 27, 2021, 11:54:38 AM

You could well be right.

I'd guess for me, the team they most resemble is the Tyrone senior football team. Ruthless, do anything to win and fiercely defensive off and loyal to their players and fans.(not forgetting some brilliant players).

Slaughtneil men, club and county. Have you seen Derry senior football panels over the last number of years?

I always thought they would have had a greater allegiance to their club than county, perhaps i'm wrong?
    Anyway, it wasnt a slight against them. A great team and club, in my humble opinion just like St Galls or Cross.

imtommygunn

I would say they do have more allegiance to club.

Never seen diving like they are at tbh. Mainly one player tbf to the whole team so it isn't everyone.

Armagh18

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 26, 2021, 08:04:12 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on November 26, 2021, 05:56:49 PM

If no one knew about this  I'd be surprised, maybe just looking it to be brought up
Had genuinely forgotten about it or I wouldnt have asked.