Ulster Club SFC 2021

Started by general_lee, November 14, 2021, 07:32:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grounded

Hard to see past Kilcoo in the final. However Derrygonnelly have proved me wrong on their last 2 outings. They could win given a little luck.
       Still going for Kilcoo by 2

yellowcard

The only guarantee is that it won't be pretty stuff but both these teams were built for winter football. Derrygonnelly have a big advantage around the midfield sector but Kilcoo are a very mobile side and can punish opposition teams on the break if they fall into the trap of slow build up play. I think it will go down to the wire but I would just give Kilcoo a slight edge. 

Armagh18

Quote from: yellowcard on January 12, 2022, 05:42:56 PM
The only guarantee is that it won't be pretty stuff but both these teams were built for winter football. Derrygonnelly have a big advantage around the midfield sector but Kilcoo are a very mobile side and can punish opposition teams on the break if they fall into the trap of slow build up play. I think it will go down to the wire but I would just give Kilcoo a slight edge.
So did Glen but Kilcoo nullified their big men mostly. Will be a close one but fancy Kilcoo to edge it.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Blowitupref on December 21, 2021, 05:14:56 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on December 21, 2021, 05:04:20 PM
What province do the Ulster champions face in the AI club semi final this year?

Munster. Kilcoo are the current favourites for the All-Ireland, justified?

Is Mickey Moran still in charge? If so they'd be my favourites ahead of Stacks, Pearses and Kilmacud. Obviously Kilcoo and Austin Stacks have to win tomorrow first!
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Armagh18

Quote from: Farrandeelin on January 14, 2022, 09:05:41 AM

Is Mickey Moran still in charge? If so they'd be my favourites ahead of Stacks, Pearses and Kilmacud. Obviously Kilcoo and Austin Stacks have to win tomorrow first!
Kilcoo play Sunday I think?

yellowcard

Mickey Moran has never won an All Ireland to the best of my knowledge. I would have had Kilmacud down as favourites but if Mannion is going to be out for the season then that is a huge blow to their chances.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: yellowcard on January 14, 2022, 11:49:56 AM

Mickey Moran has never won an All Ireland to the best of my knowledge. I would have had Kilmacud down as favourites but if Mannion is going to be out for the season then that is a huge blow to their chances.

They were poor enough in their county final and I wouldn't say they would be the best of the rest. If Kilcoo get past their match I'd fancy them to win
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Armagh18

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 14, 2022, 02:44:51 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on January 14, 2022, 11:49:56 AM

They were poor enough in their county final and I wouldn't say they would be the best of the rest. If Kilcoo get past their match I'd fancy them to win
Kilcoo are a different animal imo, serious ability to grind out wins against the odds and nullify good players. They're favourites for me but Derrygonnelly won't be easily beat- was only a point in it the last time.

Mannion some loss for Kilmacud.

Truth hurts

Kilcoo will walk to the all Ireland

twohands!!!

Kilcoo to beat Derrgonnelly
Stacks to beat Barrs
Kilmacud to beat Pearses
Kilcoo to beat Stacks
The final is game I have the most doubt about - I'm leaning towards Kilmacud at the moment but only slightly.

grounded

Kilcoo  1/4    1/6  lift cup
Draw     9/1
Derrygonnelly 4/1    7/2 lift cup

Kilcoo definitely favorites but 4/1 for Derrygonnelly very generous i think. Got to be a close game given the defensive setup of both teams. 

Draw / draw  66/1!

Armagh18

Quote from: grounded on January 15, 2022, 07:59:40 PM
Draw     9/1
Derrygonnelly 4/1    9/2 lift cup

Kilcoo definitely favorites but 4/1 for Derrygonnelly very generous i think. Got to be a close game i think.

Draw / draw  66/1!
does that mean draw after extra time? Worth a punt surely??

Assuming it goes to penalties ffs

grounded

Quote from: Armagh18 on January 15, 2022, 08:01:47 PM
Draw     9/1

Kilcoo definitely favorites but 4/1 for Derrygonnelly very generous i think. Got to be a close game i think.

Draw / draw  66/1!

1st half  draw  2nd half draw   

Armagh18

Quote from: grounded on January 15, 2022, 08:03:07 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on January 15, 2022, 08:01:47 PM
Draw     9/1

Draw / draw  66/1!

1st half  draw  2nd half draw   
Ahhh ok. 66/1 looks worth a bet for that.

yellowcard

Dour spectacle of a match, Derrygonnelly looked scared stiff that half and retreated their entire side behind the 45m line effectively trying to beat Kilcoo at their own game. Mad stuff altogether, it's a long time since I seen a Gaelic football side have so little possession in a half of football. How can you expect to score without getting the ball back.