Author Topic: Ulster Club SFC 2021  (Read 49780 times)

Wildweasel74

• View Profile
Re: Ulster Club SFC 2021
« Reply #480 on: December 21, 2021, 12:09:27 AM »
Yes I know few play for Dolans,

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

• View Profile
« Reply #481 on: December 21, 2021, 12:11:19 AM »
Yes I know few play for Dolans,

Alan Grant the only one now, he's recovering from second cruciate, nobody underage as far as I'm aware , pity , untapped area

Man Marker

• View Profile
« Reply #482 on: December 21, 2021, 09:40:17 AM »
Who gets the money . Bet you the wee hurling club in city wouldn't see a Penny

The self help model seems lost on you.

Do you actually know anything about the history of Celtic Park and its people and history? Have you bought one of our tickets? I'm still awaiting response on what council area you are in.

I actually did buy one of your tickets. Thats how most clubs get their funds, there isn't many other ways unless you a have a good social club. Our club did a ticket drive a handful of years ago, organised our members to sell the tickets and gathered £250,000 What's your target for sales?

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

• View Profile
« Reply #483 on: December 21, 2021, 11:02:18 AM »

Do you actually know anything about the history of Celtic Park and its people and history? Have you bought one of our tickets? I'm still awaiting response on what council area you are in.

I actually did buy one of your tickets. Thats how most clubs get their funds, there isn't many other ways unless you a have a good social club. Our club did a ticket drive a handful of years ago, organised our members to sell the tickets and gathered £250,000 What's your target for sales?

Thanks much appreciatedwe are looking to get £60k , what council area are you in? Does the council provide the rates payers a pitch strategy that covers all sports?
It's not begging , it's just services for your rates . I'm paying rates for soccer pitches atm

JoG2

• View Profile
« Reply #484 on: December 21, 2021, 11:10:40 AM »
Drumsurn recently had a very successful fund raiser, with a £50k motorhome up for grabs . I'd be surprised if anyone in the 6 counties hadn't heard of it. They put in some serious leg work. Posters / signs up everywhere. Club members at every championship game selling. Serious effort and a hefty lift of money raised for lights, a walkway around the facilities etc

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

• View Profile
« Reply #485 on: December 21, 2021, 11:14:40 AM »
Drumsurn recently had a very successful fund raiser, with a £50k motorhome up for grabs . I'd be surprised if anyone in the 6 counties hadn't heard of it. They put in some serious leg work. Posters / signs up everywhere. Club members at every championship game selling. Serious effort and a hefty lift of money raised for lights, a walkway around the facilities etc

Yeah seen that , we have done the same , been all over at games , doors etc, motorhome a great prize , everyone wants one ATM. Any idea what they lifted

Milltown Row2

• Catch yourself on!
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: December 21, 2021, 11:18:40 AM »

Thanks much appreciatedwe are looking to get £60k , what council area are you in? Does the council provide the rates payers a pitch strategy that covers all sports?
It's not begging , it's just services for your rates . I'm paying rates for soccer pitches atm

Your council should be stepping up to the plate and providing GAA pitches to facilitate your team like they do in soccer. I can understand some unionist  controlled councils taking the piss but this has been a nationalist controlled council for many years. There really is no excuse, once that is achieved you can look to buy that pitch from the council and run it as your own.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

• View Profile
« Reply #487 on: December 21, 2021, 11:23:56 AM »

Your council should be stepping up to the plate and providing GAA pitches to facilitate your team like they do in soccer. I can understand some unionist  controlled councils taking the piss but this has been a nationalist controlled council for many years. There really is no excuse, once that is achieved you can look to buy that pitch from the council and run it as your own.

To be fair to them , they have granted us some land for development adjacenct to our pitch but it will take 100s thousands,we will get there.

Yeah I agree council should provide for all sports , i don't get why people think thsts begging, it's nowhere near level playing field in Derry ( excuse the pun).

We can't get on any of the 4g facilities run by community groups - blocked booked by aoccer

JoG2

• View Profile
« Reply #488 on: December 21, 2021, 11:24:30 AM »

Yeah seen that , we have done the same , been all over at games , doors etc, motorhome a great prize , everyone wants one ATM. Any idea what they lifted

Fear, was told the other day that they sold northwards of 17k tickets. Factor in early bird and multiples eg 3 tix for £50 etc, they must have lifted around 200k give or take.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

• View Profile
« Reply #489 on: December 21, 2021, 11:26:28 AM »

Fear, was told the other day that they sold northwards of 17k tickets. Factor in early bird and multiples eg 3 tix for £50 etc, they must have lifted around 200k give or take.

Wow, fair play , very astute choice of prize

theticklemister

• '...... said yer man from the Daily Mail.'
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: December 21, 2021, 11:33:38 AM »
In the altered words of Brolly…….’ You may forget about the council regarding it as a GAA man’

Council are a joke of an organization whilst that tube O’Hagan, is he still about??

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

• View Profile
« Reply #491 on: December 21, 2021, 12:00:29 PM »
In the altered words of Brolly…….’ You may forget about the council regarding it as a GAA man’

Council are a joke of an organization whilst that tube O’Hagan, is he still about??

Aye he is , absolute useless anti city man.

imtommygunn

• View Profile
« Reply #492 on: December 21, 2021, 12:15:10 PM »
Derry city not alone in this regard. Some DUP heavy councils wouldn't be very forthcoming with money for GAA clubs.

Armagh18

• View Profile
« Reply #493 on: December 21, 2021, 12:20:45 PM »
Derry city not alone in this regard. Some DUP heavy councils wouldn't be very forthcoming with money for GAA clubs.
Breaking news just in. Scientists have just confirmed that water is wet.

Fionntamhnach

• "Hey Lawrence..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: December 21, 2021, 02:48:47 PM »
It's not just in Derry city apparently where the local authority might be found wanting in providing council-owned GAA pitches for hire - I'm not sure about the Fermanagh part but the Tyrone part of the Fermanagh & Omagh DC doesn't really have much in the way of council-owned GAA playing fields. There's council owned GAA pitches in Dromore (at Crawford's Lane next door to Tummery Athletic's soccer pitch, though I think it's rarely used by the Dromore GAA club now), Trillick & Gortin. I know that there was one in Drumquin that was conveniently located next door to the GAA club that was in good use when Drumquin's main pitch was being done up - now the GAA club has bought the council field and are doing it up themselves. There's none in Omagh town itself. There used to be one in Fintona at Ecclesville Park in the early 90's that had wooden goalposts, but it had to make way for the development of the Ecclesville Centre and there's been no replacement since.
"...if all the people you meet in a day are d**kheads, then maybe it's you that's the d**khead?"