Pat Kenny in the Round - Mickey Harte

Started by Wildweasel74, May 25, 2015, 10:26:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildweasel74

See Mickey harte on UTV now with Pat Kenny,

5 Sams

Naomh Mhichíl. It would sicken your hole.
The Aristocrat Years

SkillfulBill

Quote from: 5 Sams on May 25, 2015, 11:57:39 PM

Which bit would sicken your hole the death of his daughter the deaths of players or just the fact that he has his own deeply held beliefs that see's him through such tragic events.

Main Street

Quote from: SkillfulBill on May 26, 2015, 12:24:57 AM

Which bit would sicken your hole the death of his daughter the deaths of players or just the fact that he has his own deeply held beliefs that see's him through such tragic events.
Generally we don't bring up the issues of Mickey's personal grief, his personal trials and tribulations, or those of Tyrone football re Cormac.
This is a football forum and people should be free to have opinions on Tyrone football matters without those issues being  brought up.
5 Sams has opinions about Mickey Harte the Tyrone football manager which differ radically from his opinions about Mickey Harte the man who has endured much personal pain and loss, as do most everybody here. That goes without saying and unless somebody has directly stated otherwise this is the default opinion of every poster here.

SkillfulBill

Quote from: Main Street on May 26, 2015, 12:45:29 AM

Generally we don't bring up the issues of Mickey's personal grief, his personal trials and tribulations, or those of Tyrone football re Cormac.
This is a football forum and people should be free to have opinions on Tyrone football matters without those issues being  brought up.
5 Sams has opinions about Mickey Harte the Tyrone football manager which differ radically from his opinions about Mickey Harte the man who has endured much personal pain and loss, as do most everybody here. That goes without saying and unless somebody has directly stated otherwise this is the default opinion of every poster here.

So which bit sickened him then ?

Main Street

Quote from: SkillfulBill on May 26, 2015, 12:49:33 AM

Talk to 5 sams first and ask him what's on his mind.

SkillfulBill

Quote from: Main Street on May 26, 2015, 12:52:35 AM
Quote from: SkillfulBill on May 26, 2015, 12:49:33 AM

Talk to 5 sams first and ask him what's on his mind.

I thought that was what i have done by asking which bit sickened his hole so much he felt the need to express himself in such a manner with the expression St Michael.

Syferus

Pat really let him bat away the negativity questions very easily. A little too cozy for my liking but it was always a going to be that way when the interview centered on the personal tragedies rather than Harte the manager.

There has always been a disconnect between Harte the man and Harte the football manager where many of his beliefs seem to go out the window.

Still probably the best manager of the modern era.

Catch and Kick

Mickey Harte has walked the walk. His coaching record is outstanding; not many have experienced All Ireland success at minor, U21 and senior level. No anonymous posters can question that. Remember where Tyrone were coming from. Because they haven't had success in recent years cannot take away from that. On and off the field a class act.

BennyHarp

What? The fact that he made Tyrone one of the best teams if the modern era? I'd say that would sicken the hole of a county living on past glories alright!
That was never a square ball!!

Walter Cronc

Quote from: BennyHarp on May 26, 2015, 07:31:25 AM

What? The fact that he made Tyrone one of the best teams if the modern era? I'd say that would sicken the hole of a county living on past glories alright!

Everyone is entitled to their opinion Brendan. Stop letting that anger get the better of you again.

thewobbler

I'm guessing that what 5Sams is getting at is that it didn't feel like an interview. In style it was much closer to the Christian Channel style of unfettered self promotion in the name of the Lord.

It'll be interesting to see if Kenny treats all his subjects with such grace. Actually, come to think of it, it wouldn't be interesting at all.

haranguerer

I didn't see it, but I am curious as to what issues yous would like to have seen Pat give him a grilling on

BennyHarp

Quote from: Walter Cronc on May 26, 2015, 07:46:56 AM
Quote from: BennyHarp on May 26, 2015, 07:31:25 AM

Everyone is entitled to their opinion Brendan. Stop letting that anger get the better of you again.

No anger here my little Derry buddy! But anyone who watched Mickey talk about what he talked about and think to themselves that it sickened their hole, must have a pretty sick hole to begin with. I'm sure people weren't expecting Pat Kenny to discuss blanket defences, sledging and the geometrics of football now were they?
That was never a square ball!!

johnneycool

Quote from: Syferus on May 26, 2015, 01:19:25 AM
Pat really let him bat away the negativity questions very easily. A little too cozy for my liking but it was always a going to be that way when the interview centered on the personal tragedies rather than Harte the manager.

There has always been a disconnect between Harte the man and Harte the football manager where many of his beliefs seem to go out the window.

Still probably the best manager of the modern era.

Well Pat was never going to be the man to start grilling Mickey on the way his teams behave on the field of play as Pat wouldn't know his arse from his elbow GAA wise.

There is much to admire about Mickey Harte in terms of his resoluteness which he bases on a deep seated fundamental religious faith which if it works for him, then good for him, but as Syferus points out that Christian mentality leaves itself at the gate when it comes to Gaelic football.

He wouldn't be uncommon in that regard as a lot of people behave differently on and around the field of play than they do in everyday life.