Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

charlieTully

Quote from: Truth hurts on May 19, 2022, 08:20:07 AM
Quote from: Johnnysboys on May 18, 2022, 11:16:58 PM
St Joseph's win another schools title - at least one school in the county is doing us proud. No coincidence their upturn in fortunes since Poacher joined their ranks.

GAA seems to be number 1 in that school at the minute and it can only benefit Down football. It is great to see and fair play to all working to improve it.

Maybe benefit hmp magahberry if they have a team.

Johnnysboys

Rostrevor are in big trouble I doubt.. Diabolical showing in the last two weeks.

SamFever

Quote from: rosskarr on May 19, 2022, 09:04:59 PM
Quote from: rafla ta se on May 19, 2022, 04:32:12 PM
Quote from: Truth hurts on May 18, 2022, 09:40:48 AM
Looking at this week's fixtures: Bryansford v RGU and Carryduff v CPN look to be massive games. The top 4 split and relegation thereafter is going to be a dog fight.
Ford v Rgu be interesting tomorrow night. some rumurs doing the rounds today about rgu set up. Big Deegans will be keeping a close eye
Good man Karl!
Is this some sort of game?Who is Karl?
Benny is working his magic in Rostrevor🤷🏻‍♂️

Truth hurts

Quote from: charlieTully on May 19, 2022, 10:08:38 PM
Quote from: Truth hurts on May 19, 2022, 08:20:07 AM
Quote from: Johnnysboys on May 18, 2022, 11:16:58 PM
St Joseph's win another schools title - at least one school in the county is doing us proud. No coincidence their upturn in fortunes since Poacher joined their ranks.

GAA seems to be number 1 in that school at the minute and it can only benefit Down football. It is great to see and fair play to all working to improve it.

Maybe benefit hmp magahberry if they have a team.

?????

Truth hurts

With the first half of the league over I'm going to predict my top four and relegated from div 1

Kilcoo
Burren
Mayobridge
Clonduff

Relegated
Rostrevor
Castlewellan
Bryansford
Ballyholland Harps

johnnycool

Quote from: rafla ta se on May 19, 2022, 09:55:12 PM
Quote from: Hard2Listen2 on May 19, 2022, 06:52:55 PM
Quote from: Truth hurts on May 18, 2022, 09:40:48 AMo m
Looking at this week's fixtures: Bryansford v RGU and Carryduff v CPN look to be massive games. The top 4 split and relegation thereafter is going to be a dog fight.
Ford v Rgu be interesting tomorrow night. some rumurs doing the rounds today about rgu set up. Big Deegans will be keeping a close eye

Tell us more!!
no mooney to the rescue now. down they go again

Hope wee Timmy is resting for the big game vrs Meath then off the Boston.

Truth hurts

Quote from: johnnycool on May 20, 2022, 11:45:40 AM
Quote from: rafla ta se on May 19, 2022, 09:55:12 PM
Quote from: Hard2Listen2 on May 19, 2022, 06:52:55 PM
Quote from: Truth hurts on May 18, 2022, 09:40:48 AMo m

Tell us more!!
no mooney to the rescue now. down they go again

Hope wee Timmy is resting for the big game vrs Meath then off the Boston.

Prenter heading away? Is the vibes not good in Downpatrick at the minute?

rosskarr

Good win for the Hurlers today.

Johnnysboys

I agree with the top 4 here but think Ballyholland will be safe enough. They had a great result last night and are showing great fight and commitment to their new management.

Kilcoo
Burren
Mayobridge
Clonduff

Relegated
Rostrevor
Castlewellan
Bryansford
Downpatrick/Loughinisland to fight it out for final relegation place.

ck

Quote from: Johnnysboys on May 21, 2022, 11:25:06 PM
I agree with the top 4 here but think Ballyholland will be safe enough. They had a great result last night and are showing great fight and commitment to their new management.

Kilcoo
Burren
Mayobridge
Clonduff

Relegated
Rostrevor
Castlewellan
Bryansford
Downpatrick/Loughinisland to fight it out for final relegation place.

Ballyholland have had those qualities for years, no matter who is managing them. They are battlers but lack quality so will survive but ultimately win nothing.

MATTSARACEN

Numerous reports of Burren Management repeatedly encroaching on Ballyhollands bench, i was even told one of the 26 plus burren Management team punched a sub in the face, kind of shocked that a riot didn't kick off if that happened
Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose

johnnycool

Quote from: rosskarr on May 21, 2022, 06:39:36 PM
Good win for the Hurlers today.

Timmy had a good game alright, that's them consolidating their position in tier 2 and considering where they were 2 or 3 years ago that's progress.

Well done Ronan and management.

Truth hurts

In division one and two of reserve leagues yesterday only one game was played (Glenn B v Mayobridge C). All other games were conceded. This is a major concern and should be high on the agenda for next season.

MATTSARACEN

Quote from: Truth hurts on May 23, 2022, 09:29:09 AM
In division one and two of reserve leagues yesterday only one game was played (Glenn B v Mayobridge C). All other games were conceded. This is a major concern and should be high on the agenda for next season.

I'd say that's likely to get worse over the summer months with the big numbers of young fellas heading away for the summer, not that you can blame them.
Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose

Truth hurts

Quote from: MATTSARACEN on May 23, 2022, 09:53:37 AM
Quote from: Truth hurts on May 23, 2022, 09:29:09 AM

I'd say that's likely to get worse over the summer months with the big numbers of young fellas heading away for the summer, not that you can blame them.

Is there many people heading away from clubs? I know Liam Kerr is and Dylan Ward.