Hurling Championship 2017

Started by seafoid, May 19, 2017, 10:02:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 07, 2017, 02:12:49 PM
Kelly was grand, didnt really notice a wild amount of things he got wrong, couple of years ago he tighten things up and blew for a lot and this game here he didnt and let the game go with a few challenges that maybe were borderline, thats the problem though with the advantage rule in hurling..

Was he wearing an earpiece ? Just never seen it and wondered

http://www.newsjs.com/url.php?p=http://www.tipperarystar.ie/news/sport/263809/tipperary-vs-galway-premier-county-smarting-over-bizarre-refereeing-decisions.html

Sorry MR2 gonna have to agree to disagree again
To much of a difference in the free count
Tipps discipline was twice as bad as Galway no way but sometimes the urge to see a team that hasn't won an all Ireland in a while can cloud our judgement
Tipp as a county carry themselves with an arrogant swagger which makes them less endearing
It's Kelly's job to rise above all that and play it square
Better crop of young refs coming through
Seen some of them in Antrim league and C Ring games this year
The sooner they get these games the better
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Milltown Row2

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on August 07, 2017, 03:32:34 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 07, 2017, 02:12:49 PM
Kelly was grand, didnt really notice a wild amount of things he got wrong, couple of years ago he tighten things up and blew for a lot and this game here he didnt and let the game go with a few challenges that maybe were borderline, thats the problem though with the advantage rule in hurling..

Was he wearing an earpiece ? Just never seen it and wondered

http://www.newsjs.com/url.php?p=http://www.tipperarystar.ie/news/sport/263809/tipperary-vs-galway-premier-county-smarting-over-bizarre-refereeing-decisions.html

Sorry MR2 gonna have to agree to disagree again
To much of a difference in the free count
Tipps discipline was twice as bad as Galway no way but sometimes the urge to see a team that hasn't won an all Ireland in a while can cloud our judgement
Tipp as a county carry themselves with an arrogant swagger which makes them less endearing
It's Kelly's job to rise above all that and play it square
Better crop of young refs coming through
Seen some of them in Antrim league and C Ring games this year
The sooner they get these games the better

Ref'd a game at the weekend and one team had easily double the free count....

To me thats just one team more reckless in the tackle...

Why would Kelly cares who wins the All Ireland bar his own county?

One soft free given here and there, but Kelly is calling it and its going at 100 mph!! so I'd say cut him some slack, 68,000 at the match hundred thousand more watching, its not a div 3 game in Antrim

Galway should have got a penalty and didnt get it
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

AZOffaly

I'm glad but it's a dangerous precedent. They have to have considered it accidental.

AZOffaly

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 10, 2017, 11:10:47 PM
I'm glad but it's a dangerous precedent. They have to have considered it accidental.

I just heard that has been retracted. No decision yet.

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

johnneycool

Quote from: Minder on August 11, 2017, 08:30:21 AM
So no De Burca after all

Legal Speak;

An application to the DRA by Waterford Senior Hurler, Tadgh De Burca, challenging the decision of the Central Hearings Committee to impose a One Match Suspension for the offence of Behaving in any way which is dangerous to an opponent, including deliberately pulling on or taking hold of a faceguard or any part of an opponent's helmet  (Riail 7.2 (b) Cat III (iv) T.O 2017) arising out of an incident which occurred during the All-Ireland Senior Hurling Championship game between Waterford and Wexford, which said decision had been upheld by the Central Appeals Committee, was dismissed by a DRA Tribunal hearing at the Louis Fitzgerald Hotel, Dublin on 10 August 2017.

The DRA Tribunal (Rory Mulcahy SC, Mr Niall Cunningham, solicitor and Ms Orlaith Mannion) held that the Claimant had failed to establish the decisions of the CHC and CAC were irrational in finding the infraction to have occurred and in imposing the minimum suspension.

This statement is for information purposes only. The Tribunal's full reasoned, written award will be communicated to the parties and published on the DRA website in due course.

So it looks like his appeal that the original decision was irrational was dismissed.

seafoid

Buff Egan Retweeted
Shane Stapleton
Shane Stapleton @ShaneSaint
ยท
Aug 10
Delighted to see Adrian Tuohy will not miss the All-Ireland final but it will make it all the more galling if Tadhg De Burca is suspended
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Milltown Row2

Regardless of the suspension I think Cork will do enough to get over the line tomorrow ... good break won't do them too hard in fairness as Waterford haven't played in a while also... be good to see a completely different final paring though... either way I'm hoping for a great match
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

johnneycool

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 12, 2017, 08:13:45 PM
Regardless of the suspension I think Cork will do enough to get over the line tomorrow ... good break won't do them too hard in fairness as Waterford haven't played in a while also... be good to see a completely different final paring though... either way I'm hoping for a great match

Hard to see a game of last weeks excitement as Waterford aren't inclined to have enough forwards to expose the Cork fullback line.
Hoping for a deise win, but Cork are rightly favourites

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: johnneycool on August 12, 2017, 10:47:05 PM

Hard to see a game of last weeks excitement as Waterford aren't inclined to have enough forwards to expose the Cork fullback line.
cannot believe Waterford are being written off

finally beat Kilkenny in the championship
beat the Wexicans easily enough without playing too well
the first day v Cork Austin had a poor game.
they will stifle Cork forwards and stop all thos tippy tappy hurling and cut down space

From the Bunker

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on August 13, 2017, 12:34:45 AM
Quote from: johnneycool on August 12, 2017, 10:47:05 PM

cannot believe Waterford are being written off

finally beat Kilkenny in the championship
beat the Wexicans easily enough without playing too well
the first day v Cork Austin had a poor game.
they will stifle Cork forwards and stop all thos tippy tappy hurling and cut down space

The reason Waterford are being written off is Kilkenny and Wexford are shite this year!

Milltown Row2

Waterford haven't become a bad team, Cork have just improved, this will be a tight game and Waterford have as much chance to win it, in fact the bookies can't separate them either!

I'd love to see Waterford Galway final as it will produce a new (ish) winner but I'd also like to see a swashbuckling final which a Cork Galway will produce..

seafoid

Waterford have experience and came well through the qualifiers. You wouldn't know about Cork.
And it's august.
Deise by 2 points

I think "Kilkenny are shite" has a lovely ring to it
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU