Hurling Championship 2017

Started by seafoid, May 19, 2017, 10:02:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kilkevan

Mick Fennelly had a huge match, so did Walter Walsh. Overall I'd be nervous ahead of next week though as the general performance was poor again. Richie Hogan looks finished and hasn't hurled well for nearly two years.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Kilkevan on July 01, 2017, 09:58:29 PM
Mick Fennelly had a huge match, so did Walter Walsh. Overall I'd be nervous ahead of next week though as the general performance was poor again. Richie Hogan looks finished and hasn't hurled well for nearly two years.

Tipp were dire today. Absolutely cat. Callanan got roasted by the Westmeath full back. Niall o meara was the best forward and then he broke his ankle. It could be curtains next weekend.

shark

Quote from: AZOffaly on July 01, 2017, 10:06:57 PM

Tipp were dire today. Absolutely cat. Callanan got roasted by the Westmeath full back. Niall o meara was the best forward and then he broke his ankle. It could be curtains next weekend.

In Callanan's defence Tommy Doyle is absolute class. He'd already be an all-star if he was from a top 8 county. And would retire with about 5 of them. There is not a team in the country that he wouldn't be a guaranteed starter on.

Minder

I see he has packed in work, well teaching, to maximise his hurling hcareer
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Kilkevan

I'd worry for Wexford in the second half. Galway haven't hurled but are still three ahead. They'll hit a purple patch at some point.

imtommygunn

Wexford are borderline too fired up. Galway just that bit better- so far anyway. I think wexford would need a goal but they are asking a few questions of galway and galway's forward, cooneys aside, not answering too well.

seafoid

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Cunny Funt

Galway of Connacht, kings of Leinster once again.

Kilkevan

Galway would want to sharpen up a fair bit if they want to win an All Ireland. Overall they were quite poor today, the Cooneys and Canning aside. They're playing more as individuals than a team and that's going to give them trouble against better teams. Until today I thought it was Galway's All Ireland to lose, now I'm very interested in seeing Cork next week.

Great season for Wexford but a bridge too far for this season. If they keep their heads though and don't dwell on this defeat they could still have a say later in the year and certainly develop further in future years.

On another level, it shows how far behind the pace Kilkenny are that the team who beat them got hammered by an All Ireland contender.

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

Will Wexford bring that sort of crowd to Croke park again any time soon?

Maroon Manc

Some crowd in HQ, 60,000 for a Leinster Hurling final is fantastic.

A brilliant second half by the Galway half back line gave them the platform to dominate the second half.

seafoid

Quote from: Kuwabatake Sanjuro on July 02, 2017, 06:27:17 PM
Will Wexford bring that sort of crowd to Croke park again any time soon?
They will improve 
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

manfromdelmonte

if the Hill was open there would have been a bigger crowd

MoChara

Richie Hogan was on one of those podcasts saying he'd just got injections in his back and was feeling much freer so he might come good again or he might just be feeling better for a few weeks.

Kilkevan

Áth Cliath v Tiobraid Árann

Port Lairge v Cill Chainnigh