Hurling Championship 2017

Started by seafoid, May 19, 2017, 10:02:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoislad

Lee Chin is some player.
Great game and result.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

galwayman

Would be surprised if Galway don't beat Wexford in Croker.
To be honest this year is the best chance Galway have had in a long time to win it.
Taking into account how Kilkenny and Tipp are going in comparison to other years - Kk in particular.

fearsiuil

Quote from: magpie seanie on June 10, 2017, 09:47:02 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on June 10, 2017, 08:45:33 PM
Opens the door to a soft Leinster title for Galway!

They'll get nothing soft against this Wexford team. Don't think anyone will.
Hopefully. Running out of steam their major worry after being fitter than everyone else early on in league.

Kilkevan

I fear for Wexford against Galway. Taking nothing away from their win against Kilkenny tonight, which was thoroughly deserved, a big party of it was due to Wexford's physicality and how much physically stronger they were than Kilkenny. Go the physical route against Galway and, in my opinion, they will make bits of you.

didlyi

On the contrary I think Galway might not be so ggod when met with with another physical team. Sure they are the better hurlers but how many times have we heard that before about Galway. If KK were in the final I would bet on Galway winning but now Im not so sure.

Kilkevan

In terms of getting their game plan together, Galway blow hot and cold. In terms of physicality they are never found wanting. Time will tell but I doubt Wexford are physically strong enough to bring their bullying game, and that's not intended as an insult to Wexford as we bullied for long enough, to Galway's door.

Kilkevan

Quote from: seafoid on June 10, 2017, 08:14:42 PM
Kilkenny shouldn't be allowed into the qualifiers. Any county that doesn't take part in the football championship should be banned from the hurling  qualifiers.

How about teams who don't field in the football championship being allowed into the hurling qualifiers until the day you develop the skills of thought?

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Kilkevan on June 11, 2017, 12:16:02 AM
I fear for Wexford against Galway. Taking nothing away from their win against Kilkenny tonight, which was thoroughly deserved, a big party of it was due to Wexford's physicality and how much physically stronger they were than Kilkenny. Go the physical route against Galway and, in my opinion, they will make bits of you.

Strangely enough even though I think everyone presumes Galway are the biggest and most physical team in the land I think they will look to to use the open spaces of Croke Park against Davy's sweeper system. The confines of a tight provincial ground with a rabid home crowd was always going to be a tough one for KK. David Burke v Lee Chin would be worth the admission fee alone. Probably the two best midfielders in the game.

But listen Galway have to get over Offaly first.

Kilkevan

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on June 11, 2017, 02:24:59 AM
Quote from: Kilkevan on June 11, 2017, 12:16:02 AM

Strangely enough even though I think everyone presumes Galway are the biggest and most physical team in the land I think they will look to to use the open spaces of Croke Park against Davy's sweeper system. The confines of a tight provincial ground with a rabid home crowd was always going to be a tough one for KK. David Burke v Lee Chin would be worth the admission fee alone. Probably the two best midfielders in the game.

But listen Galway have to get over Offaly first.

Offaly won't get within ten points of Galway.

manfromdelmonte

why is the Waterford v Cork game not on today? the other semi final was last weekend!!

manfromdelmonte

Also, quality wise, I thought the game yesterday was poor enough

Kilkevan

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on June 11, 2017, 09:44:03 AM
why is the Waterford v Cork game not on today? the other semi final was last weekend!!

Final isn't until 18th July so there's plenty of time to play it next week.

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on June 11, 2017, 09:50:29 AM
Also, quality wise, I thought the game yesterday was poor enough

Exciting from a point of view of tension but Kilkenny's skill level was a joke.

Bord na Mona man

It's 13 years since there was an Offaly-Wexford Leinster final. It would be a great clash worthy of the occasion.

Avondhu star

Quote from: Bord na Mona man on June 12, 2017, 09:49:27 AM
It's 13 years since there was an Offaly-Wexford Leinster final. It would be a great clash worthy of the occasion.

Ah but the "purists" would be saying " two poor teams only there because they beat weak teams"
Leinster need Wexford and Offaly back and maybe this is the year
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

didlyi

Whatever about Wexford, Im afraid Ofally have no hope of beating Galway