Should drug addicts be paid to get sterilised?

Started by pintsofguinness, April 27, 2010, 07:51:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should drug addicts be paid to get sterilised?

Yes
No

pintsofguinness

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/8500285.stm

Interesting, on one hand you'd have to think it is not a good idea for drug addicts to not reproduce.

On the other, would it not be better if the money went to helping addicts rather than giving it to people who are probably not in the right frame of mind to make such a decision...
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

passedit

Don't Panic

ardmhachaabu

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

passedit

Don't Panic

pintsofguinness

It's a pity there couldn't be some sort of license you need to get before reproducing...
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

mylestheslasher

Sure why not just send them to the gas chamber ::)

What does a recovered drug addict do if they want to start a family?

The Real Laoislad

They should be yes, also Travellers too it be a good idea if they were all castrated aswell the world be a better place if they were phased out
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Capt Pat

Well it is not the worst idea I have ever heard..................................no wait a minute it is and fits in perfectly with what Hitler and some of the other posters here have said. Your woman is a twisted evil piece of shit and just because she has adopted 4 black children does not give her the right to hold such evil views and does not make her a balanced person.

rosnarun

im amused the way a bizarre twisted Orwellian notiona like this shocks but yet Abortion become more and more acceptable and in most countries is seen as a human Right
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Puckoon

I know a woman who had a house bought for her by her parents - on the condition she had her tubes tied. She'd popped three kids out to three different fathers and was planning on marrying a 4th dude.

She tied her tubes.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on April 27, 2010, 10:34:21 PM
They should be yes, also Travellers too it be a good idea if they were all castrated aswell the world be a better place if they were phased out

What about alcoholics? They are drug addicts. I bet we all have friends who have a parent who's a alco or even a family member. Alcohol is by far the most damaging drug in Ireland. Sure we might as well widen the net to single mothers while we are at it, nigerians, eastern europeans etc etc.

haranguerer

Whatever about abortion, its very different to this in that its (one of) the potential parent(s) who has the right to make that decision.

Here you are taking advantage of someones frailty to coerce them into making a decision that in their right senses I think they would never accept. Whats the difference between doing this and taking someone out, getting them pissed, then asking them to sign a contract saying they will donate you one of their kidneys, for e.g.

Its the start of a blurring of the line that shouldnt be crossed: society deciding who should and who shouldnt reproduce. Where will that stop?

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: mylestheslasher on April 27, 2010, 11:12:18 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on April 27, 2010, 10:34:21 PM

What about alcoholics? They are drug addicts. I bet we all have friends who have a parent who's a alco or even a family member. Alcohol is by far the most damaging drug in Ireland. Sure we might as well widen the net to single mothers while we are at it, nigerians, eastern europeans etc etc.

Aye throw in Nordies as well
You'll Never Walk Alone.

rosnarun

the difference is political esp in the USA where being PRO abortion is the ultimate badge of the left wing just as the death penalty and invading small countries is for the right. people are dying either way but as long as people  stick to there Dogma they're happy
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

leenie

I've thought about this b4 but not regarding druggies but in situations like baby p's mother. Granted who are we to "play god" so to speak, but this woman will be out of jail in 8 yrs, with at least 20 yrs left to have more children, who's says she won't do to another innocence child what she done and allowed to be done.... but how do you prevent it, can't hold her down and sterilised it..... honestly i think the likes of her don't deserve a womb... harsh it might seem to some... but she had the gift of conceiving which led to murder!
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..