If one was to buy beer in Newry

Started by Dinny Breen, May 12, 2009, 06:33:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Billys Boots on May 13, 2009, 09:00:00 AM
I'd agree with Laoislad Dinny, go on up to Sprucefield (despite what they say, it's only 20 mins or so, and it's better than sitting waiting for those lights in Newry, or trying to get a parking spot). 

Hmm, 20 mins up 20 mins back, that's 40 minutes but I trust the Mexican advice considering I now know why Nordies drive so fast it's because they actually think they're good drivers but you're not you're cack, too fast and too dangerous....
#newbridgeornowhere

rage

Feck i've been driving that road quite a bit this last few weeks and it's the Southern Reg cars that are always overtaking at a very high speed, the problem the nordie businessmen seem to have is that they cant simply drive home without feeling the need to text someone ive noticed

Donagh

Let's face it the nordies speed in Mexico and Free Staters speed when they go north. I'm no problem admitting a certain frustration to having to limit myself on the A1 in those 40 mph zones, while I watch the southern reg cars zoom by. I'm sure they feel the same when I'm overtaking them while averaging 90 mph from the (now toll free) M50.

gawa316

Quote from: lynchbhoy on May 13, 2009, 10:00:40 AM
one should check out enniskilen for vino , one should

Asda.

Shush this place is busy enough without anymore coming up

FermGael

Quote from: lynchbhoy on May 13, 2009, 10:00:40 AM
one should check out enniskilen for vino , one should

Asda.

It's going to be busy enough this weekend LynchBoy with our 22000 all ticket affair in Brewster.
Do not need any more traffic.  It's an island town after all
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Dinny Breen on May 13, 2009, 10:08:56 AM
I'd agree with Laoislad Dinny, go on up to Sprucefield (despite what they say, it's only 20 mins or so, and it's better than sitting waiting for those lights in Newry, or trying to get a parking spot). 

Hmm, 20 mins up 20 mins back, that's 40 minutes but I trust the Mexican advice considering I now know why Nordies drive so fast it's because they actually think they're good drivers but you're not you're cack, too fast and too dangerous....

That's alirght Dinny, a Longford man and a Laois man will know more about Newry than the locals.  Though to be fair I didnt know there was a motorway between Newry and Sprucefield that knocked about 20 mile of the journey. 

Typical freestaters, think they know it all. 
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

haveaharp

When heading along the motorway between Dublin and Dundalk the amount of southern drivers stuck in the outside lane with no one on their inside, tootling along around 60mph is ridiculous. Learn to drive on a motorway.

bendurback

You'll not get from Newry to Sprucefield in 20mins, i drive this road everyday and I have to agree that the freestaters think they own the fast lane, frustrating as hell!

pintsofguinness

Quote from: bendurback on May 13, 2009, 11:19:51 AM
You'll not get from Newry to Sprucefield in 20mins, i drive this road everyday and I have to agree that the freestaters think they own the fast lane, frustrating as hell!
No no no, say nothing, they know best  ;)
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: Dinny Breen on May 13, 2009, 10:08:56 AM

Its half an hour from Newry to Sprucefield if you're even close to obeying speed limits.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Dinny Breen

QuoteIts half an hour from Newry to Sprucefield if you're even close to obeying speed limits.

It's true what the say Nordies can't agree on anything, Sprucefield is bigger though so decisions decisions.....
#newbridgeornowhere

Ping Pong Santa

Quote from: Dinny Breen on May 13, 2009, 11:45:04 AM

QuoteIts half an hour from Newry to Sprucefield if you're even close to obeying speed limits.

It's true what the say Nordies can't agree on anything, Sprucefield is bigger though so decisions decisions.....

But Newry's off licence is bigger and will be better stocked.

The Watcher Pat

Alright then which one of you robbed the cash in transit van on the Newry - Belfast road?
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

Maguire01

Quote from: Ping Pong Santa on May 13, 2009, 12:20:58 PM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on May 13, 2009, 11:45:04 AM

But Newry's off licence is bigger and will be better stocked.
Yep - Sprucefield off-licence is actually pretty crap.

rage

Tesco offlicence in the 24 Knockbreada branch is excellent, always great deals on wine and beer, and sure if you're coming as far as Sprucefield whats another few miles/kilometres?