Valentine's Day

Started by 118cmal, February 03, 2009, 01:08:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

118cmal

I was just wondering if anyone had any tips for a good Valentine's Day present for the girlfriend?

To be honest I think the whole day is a marketing farce but at the same time I want her to feel special, and wouldn't want her to feel left out. 

Like most, the money is quite low at the minute and I'm not bad at cooking so I'd say i'll be cooking rather than eating out anywere, but does anyone know of any nice gift I could get her also?

SidelineKick

Going out for a meal on Valentines night is a joke. Set menus, rushed in pushed out. I'd rather cook then go out for a meal a night or two later, I did that last year.

Wouldnt be big into buying gifts for this particular day, a nice card with a thoughtful message from your good self on it.  She'll appreciate that.
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: 118cmal on February 03, 2009, 01:08:38 PM
I was just wondering if anyone had any tips for a good Valentine's Day present for the girlfriend?

To be honest I think the whole day is a marketing farce but at the same time I want her to feel special, and wouldn't want her to feel left out. 

Like most, the money is quite low at the minute and I'm not bad at cooking so I'd say i'll be cooking rather than eating out anywere, but does anyone know of any nice gift I could get her also?

Is this for the farting Tyrone girl?

the scenic route

ill tell you what i cant stan valentines day, but the girlfriend likes the whole idea of it. couple of years ago took her for a subway on valentines day didnt really go down to well   ;D

But the price of food on that night i think i might cook her a meal and then maybe go out a couple of nights after and a card would be tops its tough enough to gather money together as a student at the minute without this pile of shite of a day thrown into the mix
"Underneath that thin veneer of human civilisation, we're all just a bunch of fu*king animals"

Maguire01

Who says romance is dead?  :P

The Real Laoislad

Valentines Day is a joke...
Any man that goes and spends money on flowers or dinner just because its that day are seriously under the thumb in a big way IMHO and really need to grow a set...
I tell you what for those of you who are stupid enough to spend a fortune on roses,I have some growing in my back garden I'll sell them for €5 a rose  ::)
You'll Never Walk Alone.

leenie

sometimes it really is the thought that counts......

cook her favorite meal, watch her favorite film, buy her favorite wine, and make a c.d compilation of all her favorite songs!

the attention to detail and knowing what she likes will be better than a present...

and for bonus points talk about marriage and babies.......
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

SidelineKick

Quote from: leenie on February 03, 2009, 04:25:07 PM

sometimes it really is the thought that counts......

cook her favorite meal, watch her favorite film, buy her favorite wine, and make a c.d compilation of all her favorite songs!

the attention to detail and knowing what she likes will be better than a present...

and for bonus points talk about marriage and babies.......

Good thinking leenie, as that will lead to the most practical way of making babies  ;)

Reported.

downredblack

Got the wife a charm bracelet there for her birthday , Pandora I think they are called . Takes the pressure off for birthdays , anniversaries , valentines , dog house presents for the foreseeable . Just get a charm  . Job done .

maggie

I would highly recommend a links of london charm bracelet- if shes worth investing in that is.

As your man said-you can get a charm on birthdays/christmas then to add to it.

SidelineKick

How much would that sting ye?

Reported.

cavan4ever

its look awful in my opinion.

leenie

mr t wouldn't have a look in if that was filled with charms!
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

Treasurer

Not a fan of charm bracelets I must admit.

maggie

A Cavan person saying it doesn't look good.
Now if thats not an endorsement, I don't know what is.........! :P