Food and drink you can't stand

Started by seafoid, April 15, 2016, 07:47:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

Hound

Quote from: stew on April 16, 2016, 10:17:07 AM
Quote from: general_lee on April 16, 2016, 09:59:35 AM
I actually hate fussy eaters - nothing worse than being sat opposite some **** that picks through their meal cos they don't like onions mushrooms etc. Won't kill ye ya ****. Half the planet starving and these plonkers going through the plate with a fine tooth comb

Right so they should just shut up and eat food they despise so as not to offend your sensibilities?

It is all about you general and in fairness to the fussy eaters general, I doubt anyone gives a fiddlers fart about your opinion of them, also your argument about half the world starving has absolutely no bearing on people who do not like to eat certain foods, it is their right and you need to catch yourself on.
Don't mind him Lee, you're dead right. Half the stuff most fussy eaters won't eat, they've never even tasted!

My pet hate is people who waste good steaks by over-cooking. Anyone who thinks a well done steak is nicer than a medium rare steak is a fookin idiot!
My wife's from a big family, and over the last 10 years I've managed to turn 7 of them from people who'd only eat steak well done, to people who now it cook the right way, the far far tastier way!
Pink lamb too, don't know how anyone can't love that.

I'm not a fan of liver and offal.
Used to dislike olives, but they are an acquired taste and I like them now.
Not a fan of cheese either, but I love melted cheese on all kinds of food, which is a bit odd, but there's no doubt the tasts changes considerably when melted.

rrhf

Without fussy eaters we would be looking at menus with one or two items on them.. Eat up or else! So fussy eaters are essential for giving us all a better selection in our local bistro.  They drive the whole thing on and keep the chefs on their toes with their constant whining and complaining.  I know where they are coming from, one mans hatred for onions in the gravy is another mans intolerance of overcooked garlic butter on their lobster and langoustines.  Same world - similar problems - different gravy - different world.   

BennyCake

I actually hate fussy eaters - nothing worse than being sat opposite some **** that picks through their meal cos they don't like onions mushrooms etc. Won't kill ye ya ****. Half the planet starving and these plonkers going through the plate with a fine tooth comb

I can just see dinner time in your house. Eat that up! Won't kill ye, ya ****! Followed by a clip round the earhole  ;D

Tony Baloney

What a bunch of big girls blouses.

Regarding palates changing with age, I used to really hate olives but love them now. As said earlier a lot of our attitudes to cabbage, sprouts, mushrooms and liver is down to poor cooking of them at school or by Irish mammies.

ONeill

Will never like olives. Could eat mushrooms all day.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

BennyCake

armaghniac

Only a bollix would serve onions, so if you are not in that category you won't have a problem
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Beffs

Quote from: Hound on April 16, 2016, 01:37:03 PM
My pet hate is people who waste good steaks by over-cooking. Anyone who thinks a well done steak is nicer than a medium rare steak is a fookin idiot!
My wife's from a big family, and over the last 10 years I've managed to turn 7 of them from people who'd only eat steak well done, to people who now it cook the right way, the far far tastier way!

Oh jesus, don't get me started on those eegits. I honestly think it's an Irish mammy hang up, from the days when fridges were not common. You had to virtually cremate all meat products, to make sure it was fully cooked and all the bacteria killed off. The hang ups remain that if you don't eat everything well done, your insides would be eaten alive from the inside out, from all the maggots.....or so your mammy would tell you.  ::)

My mother could turn the most beautiful piece of fillet steak into shoe leather, in about 20 minutes flat. We kids didn't know any better & presumed that was normal. I can still remember the taste and texture of the first time I ate a steak cooked medium/medium rare....oh my God, the difference in taste and texture and flavour....the juicy succulence of it all, I'm getting hungry just thinking about it. Anyone who thinks you have to a orders a steak well done for it to be "safe" needs to cop themselves on. It's 2016 FFS !

leenie

Birdseye crispy pancakes (got wile food poisoning ended up in hospital)

90% of deserts especially triffle

Chicken on the bone

Baileys
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

bridgegael

"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

Nailer

They used to serve up stuff called Tapioca and Sago as school deserts,awful stuff altogether, the teacher on patrol in the canteen during mealtime used to threaten you with the Strap if you didn't eat it. The pupils called it Frogspawn which just about describes it.
Tinned Spam another revolting dislike, not sure if they still make any of this sh_ _t any more

armaghniac

Thon frogspawn is pretty much the only dessert I don't like, a greater dislike for desserts might serve to reduce my belt size.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Nailer on April 16, 2016, 07:45:55 PM
They used to serve up stuff called Tapioca and Sago as school deserts,awful stuff altogether, the teacher on patrol in the canteen during mealtime used to threaten you with the Strap if you didn't eat it. The pupils called it Frogspawn which just about describes it.
Tinned Spam another revolting dislike, not sure if they still make any of this sh_ _t any more
Tinned Spam still on sale as my son asked me in the shop today what it was. It was difficult to describe!