Search for New Mayo Manager

Started by IolarCoisCuain, September 28, 2015, 11:17:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

From the Bunker

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on May 07, 2017, 03:51:01 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zmd3O2SBKiI

You call that conclusive! One Shitty angle from a distance and behind and another clip that starts as O'Shea starts to fall. jez, you see what you want to see!

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: From the Bunker on May 07, 2017, 04:31:59 PM

You call that conclusive! One Shitty angle from a distance and behind and another clip that starts as O'Shea starts to fall. jez, you see what you want to see!

Are you seriously contending one of the most blatant dives you're likely to see? Some introspection wouldn't go amiss.

lenny

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on May 07, 2017, 10:16:16 AM
Quote from: lenny on May 07, 2017, 07:03:00 AM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on May 07, 2017, 02:07:14 AM
Quote from: Syferus on May 07, 2017, 01:54:45 AM
Not a patch on hairgate.

Hardly, O'Shea's dive had a huge impact on the result.

All McCann achieved was embarrassing himself in front of the nation. Thankfully neither McCann or the Tyrone management team sought to say the reaction was justified and Harte publicly said McCann was wrong.

Haha, you're trying to rewrite history as usual. Harte never said what mccann did was wrong. He said if mccann had the chance to relive the incident he might act differently and he also said that Darren Hughes had to share the blame for the incident which was patently ridiculous. No tyrone person came out publicly and said 100% that what mccann did was wrong which is embarrassing and pathetic.
http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/gaa/tyrone/tyrone-manager-mickey-harte-claims-darren-hughes-and-tiernan-mccann-share-blame-over-dive-incident-31441545.html
This reaction was in complete contrast to how kerry people reacted to aidan omahoneys dive. A number of ex kerry players came out publicly to say he was completely wrong and the dive was embarrassing.

I think that's what you are doing, Harte quite clearly states McCann was in the wrong. You don't say someone made a mistake and would act in a different manner again without implying they were in the wrong. Hughes was silly for doing what he did but there's no doubting McCann embarrassed himself. The problem McCann had was that he was from Tyrone and the backlash to such an act was unprecedented. He was having public apologies and bans requested, less than 12 months later you had lads hiding behind their couch in order not to criticise Aidan O'Shea for a piece of cheating that knocked Fermanagh out of the Championship. The issue Tyrone people had was the imbalance of the reporting, some people went to town on McCann because he played for Tyrone when they failed to act similarly to similar facts in the past and subsequently in the future.

Moving on your second lie, I don't know any Tyrone person who justiifed what McCann did. I saw plenty of acknowledgement from Tyrone players in the past and present about McCann and what he did was wrong. They did defend him on the scrutiny he came under as opposed to others who had acted similarly.

Ricey:

"If you chat to any Gael in Tyrone, they didn't agree with what Tiernan did but at the same time, he's a young fella. He made a mistake," McMenamin told RTÉ's Saturday Sport.

"He did do it, and he should be punished but him being punished now when there have been other indiscretions throughout the year that went unpunished makes it feel a wee bit unjust.

Sean Cavanagh

"There have been things that shouldn't have happened - like the thing with Tiernan (McCann) - but these things happen across the board.

Peter Canavan

Tiernan McCann is aware of this. Yes, he made a mistake. We all have on the field of play, but his background is solid and his reasons for playing the game he loves are genuine as he endeavours to do his very best in a Tyrone jersey.

There are just some of the examples of Tyrone people coming out and acknowledging McCann did wrong and dived.

It's a shame we never got an acknowledgement from yourself on Enda Lynn's dive that got a Down player sent off in the same year, it seems your faux outrage is as it is.

Number one - if enda lynn definitely dived I would be the first to condemn him. His incident is completely ambiguous, nobody can really say for sure except for the 2 players involved. Number 2 - all those quotes from ex tyrone players try to make light of the mccann cheating and say it was just a small mistake. They also add the caveat that he is young and in hindsight would act differently. That is in total contrast to the way ex kerry players were ashamed by the actions of omahony and vehemently said so. Number 3 - nowhere does micky harte explicitly say that mccann did anything wrong, all he says is that given the same situation again he might act differently. Implied there is that he might also act the same without harte thinking any differently of him. He also compounds his pathetic inability to call out mccanns cheating by trying to lump blame onto darren hughes.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on May 07, 2017, 05:03:45 PM

Are you seriously contending one of the most blatant dives you're likely to see? Some introspection wouldn't go amiss.

Unlike you i was at the game! I was over near where the incident happened. You are basing your analysis on two shitty clips from the Television. Even I who was close could not say for definite if he was fouled or not. But hey, you have your mind made up! In the scheme of things it does not matter what two nobodies think! Thank God!

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: From the Bunker on May 07, 2017, 08:15:50 PM

Unlike you i was at the game! I was over near where the incident happened. You are basing your analysis on two shitty clips from the Television. Even I who was close could not say for definite if he was fouled or not. But hey, you have your mind made up! In the scheme of things it does not matter what two nobodies think! Thank God!

Unlike you, I am not denying something that clearly happened with sufficient evidence to verify that.

You can deny it all you want but it's there clear as day and I think you are either blind or completely blinded in bias that you can't bring yourself to call a dive, a dive.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on May 07, 2017, 08:59:03 PM

Unlike you, I am not denying something that clearly happened with sufficient evidence to verify that.

You can deny it all you want but it's there clear as day and I think you are either blind or completely blinded in bias that you can't bring yourself to call a dive, a dive.

I am not biased, just not sure if it was a foul or not. You think you are sure it was a foul based on poor evidence. You don't seem to like Mayo and you have good reason. They have caused you a lot of recent pain.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: lenny on May 07, 2017, 08:09:29 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on May 07, 2017, 10:16:16 AM
Quote from: lenny on May 07, 2017, 07:03:00 AM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on May 07, 2017, 02:07:14 AM
Quote from: Syferus on May 07, 2017, 01:54:45 AM
Not a patch on hairgate.

Hardly, O'Shea's dive had a huge impact on the result.

All McCann achieved was embarrassing himself in front of the nation. Thankfully neither McCann or the Tyrone management team sought to say the reaction was justified and Harte publicly said McCann was wrong.

Haha, you're trying to rewrite history as usual. Harte never said what mccann did was wrong. He said if mccann had the chance to relive the incident he might act differently and he also said that Darren Hughes had to share the blame for the incident which was patently ridiculous. No tyrone person came out publicly and said 100% that what mccann did was wrong which is embarrassing and pathetic.
http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/gaa/tyrone/tyrone-manager-mickey-harte-claims-darren-hughes-and-tiernan-mccann-share-blame-over-dive-incident-31441545.html
This reaction was in complete contrast to how kerry people reacted to aidan omahoneys dive. A number of ex kerry players came out publicly to say he was completely wrong and the dive was embarrassing.

I think that's what you are doing, Harte quite clearly states McCann was in the wrong. You don't say someone made a mistake and would act in a different manner again without implying they were in the wrong. Hughes was silly for doing what he did but there's no doubting McCann embarrassed himself. The problem McCann had was that he was from Tyrone and the backlash to such an act was unprecedented. He was having public apologies and bans requested, less than 12 months later you had lads hiding behind their couch in order not to criticise Aidan O'Shea for a piece of cheating that knocked Fermanagh out of the Championship. The issue Tyrone people had was the imbalance of the reporting, some people went to town on McCann because he played for Tyrone when they failed to act similarly to similar facts in the past and subsequently in the future.

Moving on your second lie, I don't know any Tyrone person who justiifed what McCann did. I saw plenty of acknowledgement from Tyrone players in the past and present about McCann and what he did was wrong. They did defend him on the scrutiny he came under as opposed to others who had acted similarly.

Ricey:

"If you chat to any Gael in Tyrone, they didn't agree with what Tiernan did but at the same time, he's a young fella. He made a mistake," McMenamin told RTÉ's Saturday Sport.

"He did do it, and he should be punished but him being punished now when there have been other indiscretions throughout the year that went unpunished makes it feel a wee bit unjust.

Sean Cavanagh

"There have been things that shouldn't have happened - like the thing with Tiernan (McCann) - but these things happen across the board.

Peter Canavan

Tiernan McCann is aware of this. Yes, he made a mistake. We all have on the field of play, but his background is solid and his reasons for playing the game he loves are genuine as he endeavours to do his very best in a Tyrone jersey.

There are just some of the examples of Tyrone people coming out and acknowledging McCann did wrong and dived.

It's a shame we never got an acknowledgement from yourself on Enda Lynn's dive that got a Down player sent off in the same year, it seems your faux outrage is as it is.

Number one - if enda lynn definitely dived I would be the first to condemn him. His incident is completely ambiguous, nobody can really say for sure except for the 2 players involved. Number 2 - all those quotes from ex tyrone players try to make light of the mccann cheating and say it was just a small mistake. They also add the caveat that he is young and in hindsight would act differently. That is in total contrast to the way ex kerry players were ashamed by the actions of omahony and vehemently said so. Number 3 - nowhere does micky harte explicitly say that mccann did anything wrong, all he says is that given the same situation again he might act differently. Implied there is that he might also act the same without harte thinking any differently of him. He also compounds his pathetic inability to call out mccanns cheating by trying to lump blame onto darren hughes.

I think the Tyrone camp had good cause for grievance in terms of the hysteria around it. Rory Beggan wasn't spoken about after that game after trying the same thing to get Ronan O'Neill the line. Michael Shields was involved in a very similar incident weeks before, Aidan O'Mahony about 5 years back - none of them were called to be banned, none of the them were asked to come out and make a public apology. Aidan O'Shea cheated to put Fermanagh out of the Championship last season, the RTE lads were hiding behind the couch at the thought of having to call O'Shea out of it. It's about context, McCann did wrong, he embarrassed himself and Tyrone and I'm sure he regrets it given the furore it caused but there was never a denial that what he did was wrong - he got a serious amount of stick - he got an unprecedented suspension, he had pundits labelling him a disgrace and calling for him to publicly apologise. Why hasn't similar hysteria followed similar actions? O'Shea's one, for instance, had far more sever consequences for Fermanagh and let us not forget O'Shea is a repeat offender - ask Pascal McConnell about his diving - yet media figures were stumbling over each other calling for people to go easy on him.

Maybe, you can tell us what Pat O'Shea said about Aidan O'Mahony when he dived to get Donnacha O'Connor sent off? Maybe you can back it up with quotes of the widespread condemnation of him from Kerry as you claimed happened because I remember absolutely none of the sort. Like Enda Lynn, you are willing to condone cheating if the jersey is right.

Harte explicitly states that McCann regretted his action and that he made a mistake, he doesn't deny he dive.

Beffs

Quote from: From the Bunker on May 07, 2017, 09:10:13 PM

I am not biased, just not sure if it was a foul or not. You think you are sure it was a foul based on poor evidence. You don't seem to like Mayo and you have good reason. They have caused you a lot of recent pain.

The fact that you are even arguing this point, shows just how biased you are. It was as blatant a piece of diving as you'd see outside of an Olympic Pool. End of. It's got nothing to do with having an anti or pro Mayo bias & everything to do with having a pair of eyes and at least one functioning brain cell.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: From the Bunker on May 07, 2017, 09:10:13 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on May 07, 2017, 08:59:03 PM

This is a non-starter of a debate, it was clearly a dive, absolutely 100% clear and cut dive from O'Shea. Anyone with a pair of eyes and sense of impartiality can see that. O'Shea and Rochford let themselves down even more by coming out after and denying it even happened when it clearly did, if they hadn't shown Fermanagh enough disrespect as it was already.