Things that make you go What the F**k?

Started by The Real Laoislad, November 19, 2007, 05:54:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

give her dixie

Quote from: Square Ball on October 25, 2019, 12:44:42 PM
Two further arrests. Think we need a thread on this

Had read about this couple yesterday.  They owned the lorry previously but say they sold it to someone in Monaghan a year ago
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

RedHand88

Quote from: J70 on October 25, 2019, 11:54:55 AM
Quote from: RedHand88 on October 25, 2019, 11:52:42 AM
There was a taximan on the news saying he has picked up ones before with no English and they hand him a phone with someone on the line saying "take this person to X".

I wouldn't be telling people that story big lad, much less national TV.

In a place like London it would hardly be too out of the ordinary for a taxi driver to pick up someone who might need assistance with language.

He also said it's a big drop off point for migrants, he was implying he knew what was going on.

93-DY-SAM

Quote from: RedHand88 on October 25, 2019, 01:23:55 PM
Quote from: J70 on October 25, 2019, 11:54:55 AM
Quote from: RedHand88 on October 25, 2019, 11:52:42 AM
There was a taximan on the news saying he has picked up ones before with no English and they hand him a phone with someone on the line saying "take this person to X".

I wouldn't be telling people that story big lad, much less national TV.

In a place like London it would hardly be too out of the ordinary for a taxi driver to pick up someone who might need assistance with language.

He also said it's a big drop off point for migrants, he was implying he knew what was going on.

He said, she said. Why do people feel the need to speculate over things that have no facts and is pure hear say at the minute. Let the authorities do their job first and hopefully those behind this is any way get everything and more that is coming to them.

RedHand88

I see a big social media campaign #JusticeforMo. What do we think of it all?

give her dixie

Quote from: RedHand88 on October 25, 2019, 02:54:48 PM

Let the police conclude their investigation first i say
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

Taylor

I would hold fire just yet given the stories being shared.

At one stage people who know Mo were going mad online saying he had been released, he should never have been arrested etc etc.

The next few days should be telling

Pearse Blue

Genuinely not trying to stir the pot here or anything but I can't think of a situation where hes not involved in some way or at some level.. Hope i'm wrong but he would need to have a very good story as I can't see there being anyone involved getting off

The Gs Man

39 people are dead.  I'd like to think the police would be taking all the time they can to talk to the driver of the lorry that picked the trailer up whether he's involved or not.

And if I was said lorry driver I'd be more than willing to camp out in a police station and help them.  So all this #justiceformo business is a bit weird to me.  Do people not want him to help the police?
Keep 'er lit

RedHand88

I think they're going to look awfully silly if he's charged. Interesting how there's two more arrested today...

yellowcard

Very interesting summary on the mechanics of the whole process from give her dixie.

Not sure if these questions have been confirmed but I'd be asking the following:

Was the trailer sealed? I imagine it was because if not it doesn't look good for the driver not checking his load at the port.
Where was the final destination of the load? If it wasn't at the industrial estate at where he stopped, then why did the driver stop to check it? And if it was sealed then why break the seal unless he knew something was potentially wrong inside the trailer?   

The fact that he effectively spent 3 full days travelling with no trailer(?) simply to pick up a load in south east England doesn't make much sense financially unless he was being paid way over the odds for one drop. If that was the case then the driver would surely know that it may contain something illegal inside the container. I think he will need a good explanation to be acquitted of any wrong doing. However he did not put these people into the container in which they died so a murder charge against the driver seems wrong. In all probability they were already dead by the time he hooked the trailer on.   

yellowcard

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-50185788

Harrowing text messages sent from one of the suspected victims sent from inside the container. Sent just 2 hours before the trailer arrived at the port in Purfleet so some of the people were still alive at that point.

Olly

Saw a dog standing on its two hind legs today at a zebra crossing in Belfast.
Access to this webpage has been denied . This website has been categorised as "Sexual Material".

playwiththewind1st

Now if you had seen that wee neanderthal Jamie Bryson managing to straighten up & stand on only 2 legs, that would be a story.

Olly

But the dog walked across it and even held up a paw to apologise to motorists for being slow.
Access to this webpage has been denied . This website has been categorised as "Sexual Material".

playwiththewind1st