The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Jurgen walks - Stallion vindicated

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boycey

Quote from: AZOffaly on October 04, 2015, 07:01:25 PM
Are we Kloppites now?

I'm sad for Rodgers*, but it's the right decision for Liverpool. As pointed out above, this season is still retrievable, and if the new man can get the players playing aggressively and with a method, there's a chance.

Either way, I don't think Brendan was going to get his mojo back, and as a few comments above alluded to, progress was being measured in really straw grasping ways.

Thanks to BR for his efforts, and I do think he is a good coach, I'm sure when he reflects he might learn a lot from this, and come back with a decent job.

* I know people are loathe to feel sorry for white teethed, perma tanned managers on a great salary, but as a sportsperson Rodgers would have really loved to succeed, and I do feel sorry for him on a personal level.

PS. Fair play to FSG for taking the heat off LVG. There's probably a crate of Sam Adams on the way to Boston from Manchester as we speak :)

Jose might send on a bottle or two also ;D

Aaron Boone

He was second-longest serving Prem manager after Wenger. That accolade now passes to Eddie Howe.

laoislad

I also feel a bit sorry for him. He obviously wanted to succeed but it just couldn't go on the way it was.
Right,he didn't win the league but that period when we almost did was one of the most exciting times in recent decades to be a Liverpool fan,some of the football they played that season was fantastic.

The games against Arsenal 5-1,Spurs 5-0,United 0-3 and the Man City game near the end of that season were great days.
I hope he does well in the future,he'll probably take over Chelsea and win everything win them!
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

laoislad

Quote from: StGallsGAA on October 04, 2015, 07:09:48 PM
So do you have sympathy for him or do you now think he was King of the bluffers?
Have you posted on the United thread yet after yer hammering today?

Tony Baloney

Quote from: laoislad on October 04, 2015, 07:33:26 PM
I also feel a bit sorry for him. He obviously wanted to succeed but it just couldn't go on the way it was.
Right,he didn't win the league but that period when we almost did was one of the most exciting times in recent decades to be a Liverpool fan,some of the football they played that season was fantastic.

The games against Arsenal 5-1,Spurs 5-0,United 0-3 and the Man City game near the end of that season were great days.
I hope he does well in the future,he'll probably take over Chelsea and win everything win them!
No manager sets out to fail and I'm sure he is a nice guy but it's a results driven business with no room for sentiment. The clock was ticking. I agree with you though that the football was stunning at times when Suarez and Sturridge were firing. No Suarez and now no Rodgers so thanks for the memories Brendy, but it's time to get someone in soon.

JoG2

Quote from: AZOffaly on October 04, 2015, 07:07:54 PM
At just over 3 years, Rodgers was the SECOND longest serving manager in the premiership. That's mental. Wenger is 19 years!!

Jeez that's a mad stat. Just didn't happen for him. Luis going was the start of the end. 

Are there any St galls posters on this board that aren't head wreckers?  Their clubhouse must be some craic

laoislad

I hope its only coincidence that Advocaat quit Sunderland the same day Rodgers was sacked!!

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: laoislad on October 04, 2015, 08:30:50 PM
I hope its only coincidence that Advocaat quit Sunderland the same day Rodgers was sacked!!

Quite obviously not. BR to reunite with his love child Borini!

GJL

Hard not to feel sorry for him. Not easy to make a silk purse from a sows ear.

mikehunt

Quote from: GJL on October 04, 2015, 09:03:18 PM
Well he spent 300m and made a pigs ear of it. Can have no complaints.  He gets a good pay off. All spoof and bluster with no substance.

From the Bunker

Quote from: mikehunt on October 04, 2015, 09:51:26 PM
Well he spent 300m and made a pigs ear of it. Can have no complaints.  He gets a good pay off. All spoof and bluster with no substance.

How much did he get in on transfers? £75m for Suarez, Raheem Sterling £49, Borini £8m, Aqualini 7m, Adam 5m, Carroll 15m, Shelvey 6m, Downing 6m, Lambert 3m, Coates 4m, Aspas 4.5m, Assaidi 5m, Agger 3m, and about 10m on miscellaneous which leaves a balance of about 100M.

gawa316

Quote from: From the Bunker on October 04, 2015, 10:11:04 PM

How much did he get in on transfers? £75m for Suarez, Raheem Sterling £49, Borini £8m, Aqualini 7m, Adam 5m, Carroll 15m, Shelvey 6m, Downing 6m, Lambert 3m, Coates 4m, Aspas 4.5m, Assaidi 5m, Agger 3m, and about 10m on miscellaneous which leaves a balance of about 100M.

Agreed but he still spunked 300m on mostly dross. Other than Sturridge, Coutinho, Sakho, Clyne and Can I can't think of too many successes.

Sorry it didn't work out for him and think the timing is a bit off. Why give him the summer to spend more and rearrange the whole backroom team to sack him a couple of months in?

laoislad

Net spend makes no difference!!!!!!
He spent 300million on players end of.

Boycey

Quote from: laoislad on October 04, 2015, 10:22:31 PM

Net spend makes no difference!!!!!!
He spent 300million on players end of.

Not this tripe again :-)

cadhlancian

Lads, if he hadn't inherited Suarez , he'd have been gone 2 years ago. Fair comment?