The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

Looks like they have someone lined up
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

gawa316

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on October 04, 2015, 06:36:58 PM
Should been gone June 2014
How he lasted so long will remain a mystery. The Premier league is poor quality and with a good manager Liverpool can finish fourth this season at least.

beer baron

So who have you boys got lined up?

Minder

He did his best, he just wasn't good enough
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

brokencrossbar1

Bit of chat that Klopp deal is agreed. They have the international break to get a new man in. The irony is that a lot of the hard away games are played , United, Arsenal, today so they is room for a new manager to work something. A run of good results, the new manager bounce, and they could be well up the table. It all depends on who comes in though.

Boycey

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on October 04, 2015, 06:48:14 PM
Bit of chat that Klopp deal is agreed. They have the international break to get a new man in. The irony is that a lot of the hard away games are played , United, Arsenal, today so they is room for a new manager to work something. A run of good results, the new manager bounce, and they could be well up the table. It all depends on who comes in though.

You should work in PR that's a fantastic bit of spin right there..

AZOffaly

Are we Kloppites now?

I'm sad for Rodgers*, but it's the right decision for Liverpool. As pointed out above, this season is still retrievable, and if the new man can get the players playing aggressively and with a method, there's a chance.

Either way, I don't think Brendan was going to get his mojo back, and as a few comments above alluded to, progress was being measured in really straw grasping ways.

Thanks to BR for his efforts, and I do think he is a good coach, I'm sure when he reflects he might learn a lot from this, and come back with a decent job.

* I know people are loathe to feel sorry for white teethed, perma tanned managers on a great salary, but as a sportsperson Rodgers would have really loved to succeed, and I do feel sorry for him on a personal level.

PS. Fair play to FSG for taking the heat off LVG. There's probably a crate of Sam Adams on the way to Boston from Manchester as we speak :)

TabClear

Agree with that.  I have sympathy for Rogers mainly based on two seasons ago but the United game was the one that did it for me.  No ambition against a united team that was there for the taking. Is clear that his tactics aren't working.

At least it is early in the season and we're not completely out of the champions league hunt. 

Southampton will be gutted

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Boycey on October 04, 2015, 06:57:20 PM

Surely you have enough to concern yourself on the Theatre of Dreams. There's nothing I've said there that isn't true.

AZOffaly

Quote from: TabClear on October 04, 2015, 07:03:05 PM

Agree with that.  I have sympathy for Rogers mainly based on two seasons ago but the United game was the one that did it for me.  No ambition against a united team that was there for the taking. Is clear that his tactics aren't working.

At least it is early in the season and we're not completely out of the champions league hunt. 

Southampton will be gutted

United last season as well, at Anfield. United this season. Villa in the Cup Semi Final (unforgiveable). Too often in the big games, he's been unable to get the players to the pitch required. It's hard to sack all the players or else we'd be getting a game ourselves, so the manager always carries the can for that sort of performance.

AZOffaly

At just over 3 years, Rodgers was the SECOND longest serving manager in the premiership. That's mental. Wenger is 19 years!!

StGallsGAA

So do you have sympathy for him or do you now think he was King of the bluffers?

AZOffaly

As I said above, I have sympathy for him.

As I've said before, I think he's a good 'coach' and has done good work with younger players like Sterling, Ibe, Sturridge, Coutinho etc.

However, his David Brent style was not befitting a top manager in my view, and he was master of pride before a fall.

I don't think he's clueless, and in fairness maybe the job at Liverpool (a big, tough job) came too soon in his career. Carra and Souness were honest on Sky about where Liverpool currently are, and I think most supporters agree. Liverpool need to try establish themselves as top 4 challengers, and they are not (currently) at that level.

Boycey

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on October 04, 2015, 07:03:43 PM
Quote from: Boycey on October 04, 2015, 06:57:20 PM

Surely you have enough to concern yourself on the Theatre of Dreams. There's nothing I've said there that isn't true.

Ah wind ur neck in, I'm just chuckling at the idea that after 4 away games the back is broken on the tough away fixtures.. Most of them are tough for teams like Liverpool (and United) at present..