The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Jurgen walks - Stallion vindicated

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StGallsGAA

I think Sion Mills could give Liverpool a game at the minute! 😉

Boycey

Big weekend for Brendan, mightn't survive the fallout of a poor performance against your neighbours?

AZOffaly

Bingo

Quote from: Boycey on October 02, 2015, 11:06:46 AM
Big weekend for Brendan, mightn't survive the fallout of a poor performance against your neighbours?

On twitter, the few forums I look at and on the podcasts, he has little if any support at this stage. Losing the Derby might be the final straw to make the lack of support more vocal.

Regards of that and his position, what done Hodgson was the falling crowds and threat to income. Last night, despite reduced prices, there was thousands of empty seats. Was tickets available last week for Villa at home. They might ignore fans dissatisfaction and calls for change but the feeling is they won't ignore falling income.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Bingo on October 02, 2015, 11:25:38 AM

On twitter, the few forums I look at and on the podcasts, he has little if any support at this stage. Losing the Derby might be the final straw to make the lack of support more vocal.

Regards of that and his position, what done Hodgson was the falling crowds and threat to income. Last night, despite reduced prices, there was thousands of empty seats. Was tickets available last week for Villa at home. They might ignore fans dissatisfaction and calls for change but the feeling is they won't ignore falling income.

The ridiculous thing is that a win on Sunday and they could be sitting in the top 4!  I really hope that they do win but long term I hope BR is gone.  The problem though is who do they get in?  Can you trust the owners to bring the right person in?  Klopp and Ancellotti are the obvious,  what about Frank de Boer from Ajax?  He has hinted at it. 

StGallsGAA

I doubt if Liverpool will look past Ancellotti if he is available. They cannot afford yet another fcuk-up managerial appointment.  Klopp and DeBoer have no EPL pedigree, whereas Ancellotti has actually  won it.

Boycey

Rodgers seems to have few allies either in or close to the club which is never a good thing... The constant drip of negative columns and soundbites eventually gets into the crowd and when you lose them you're really fucked..

On his potential successor, Ancellotti and Klopp are definitely the obvious choices but the big question is whether either will take a risk on Liverpool?

laoislad

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on October 02, 2015, 11:33:06 AM

The ridiculous thing is that a win on Sunday and they could be sitting in the top 4!  I really hope that they do win but long term I hope BR is gone.  The problem though is who do they get in?  Can you trust the owners to bring the right person in?  Klopp and Ancellotti are the obvious,  what about Frank de Boer from Ajax?  He has hinted at it.
To me he looked and sounded like a man defeated in his post match interview on BT Sports.
Lose to Everton will surely be the final straw.
I've read in a few places that FSG have been warned off Klopp.
Not sure why but probably to do with the fact Klopp will want full control over transfers etc.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: laoislad on October 02, 2015, 01:24:50 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on October 02, 2015, 11:33:06 AM

To me he looked and sounded like a man defeated in his post match interview on BT Sports.
Lose to Everton will surely be the final straw.
I've read in a few places that FSG have been warned off Klopp.
Not sure why but probably to do with the fact Klopp will want full control over transfers etc.

Yeah I think Klopp would be too much of his own man. It really is sickening at this stage. Last night they looked like a team that was winging it hoping for things to fall right. Clyne is a good RB and a poor RWB. Can is a MF playing CB like a MF. Ibe is lost. Rossiter is more Jay Spearing that SG. Allen played well but is still easily bullied. Origi and Ings worked hard as did Lallana but they lack real cutting edge (Origi showed glimpses of it though). I know this was a second-ish string team but it was f**king Sion. Its ridiculous at this stage.

Bingo

They are absolutely clueless at the minute. It says everything that when a team is announced before the game that no one seems to know who will be playing in what position or what formation until the game starts. Then by the time the game finishes this will have changed a few times.

He is trying to stumble across a formation that will turn a few results like he did last year.

Can only affect performances.

But doesn't matter, the players enjoyed a game of foot-tennis today going by the official released photos as we are used to every Friday. Smiles all round.

laoislad

Did Origi mean that nutmeg last night when he should have scored near the end of the game?
If he did it was excellent but looking at it again I wonder did he just get his feet mixed up and it looked like a nutmeg.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

JoG2

Quote from: StGallsGAA on October 02, 2015, 12:51:09 AM
I think Sion Mills could give Liverpool a game at the minute! 😉

you know what, you are probably the most unfunny person on this board, but I was thinking the very same last night

Minus15

Laoislad where was the nutmeg from Origi and where were the 2 goals Ings should have scored?

stew

Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

brokencrossbar1

2-1 to the Blueshite. I hate being a Liverpool fan these days as you can't even look forward to the Derby.