The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hereiam

Had my big day at Anfield on Saturday and enjoyed the match, the time went by pretty fast. A couple of things stood out to me.
The pitch is alot smaller than i had imagined.
I can see why they are demolishing the main stand, its past its best.
The amount of goading between the Villa and Liverpool supporters was uncomfortable mainly because it didn't come across as friendly banter it was very raw mostly from the villa supporters who never shut up the whole game.
The sound system was crap you couldn't even make out what was being said.
I was expecting a bit more of a show for the players coming out onto the pitch but it was a very subdued affair
The atmosphere was missing from the Liverpool supporters but i suppose that is to be expected as we really are not playing that well.
It makes you appreciate how good Croke park is and how more exciting the GAA is. I know if you were in Wembley on FA cup final day it would be a completely  different story but for the money that is involved in the Premiership i was excepting a lot more.

Orior

Quote from: Hereiam on September 28, 2015, 12:22:32 PM
Had my big day at Anfield on Saturday and enjoyed the match, the time went by pretty fast. A couple of things stood out to me.
The amount of goading between the Villa and Liverpool supporters was uncomfortable mainly because it didn't come across as friendly banter it was very raw mostly from the villa supporters who never shut up the whole game.
I was expecting a bit more of a show for the players coming out onto the pitch but it was a very subdued affair
The atmosphere was missing from the Liverpool supporters but i suppose that is to be expected as we really are not playing that well.
It makes you appreciate how good Croke park is and how more exciting the GAA is. I know if you were in Wembley on FA cup final day it would be a completely  different story but for the money that is involved in the Premiership i was excepting a lot more.

Totally agree. I did the same thing a couple of years ago. Sometimes the away fans are more entertaining that the soccer match.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

laoislad

Quote from: Hereiam on September 28, 2015, 12:22:32 PM
Don't agree with it being more exciting.You can get pretty dull atmospheres and poor games at Gaa matches also to be fair. Plenty of goading goes on also at Gaa matches.
A big European night at Anfield is hard to beat IMO. Some of the 3pm Saturday kick offs can be a bit dull alright to be fair.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

deiseach

It's subjective, but I was looking through the list of games I've been at Anfield and I'd say no more than ten (out of 101) games could I recall the crowd being in full flight for the 90 minutes. However, I would be surprised at suggestions that Croke Park beats it hands down. I think the manner in which the support for each team is diffused around Croke Park hobbles the atmosphere. I'd say the best I ever experienced there was for an International Rules game. I think Ciaran Whelan lashed in a goal in front of the Hill and it was brilliant how the place erupted as one. And that, in the end, is what makes going to a soccer match special - that exquisite moment when your team scores.

Keyser soze

Sure the only entertainment at a soccer match is the crowd. It's that boring to watch that they spend all their time singing and chanting as the on-field stuff would bore you to tears.

J70

Quote from: Keyser soze on September 28, 2015, 01:14:20 PM
Sure the only entertainment at a soccer match is the crowd. It's that boring to watch that they spend all their time singing and chanting as the on-field stuff would bore you to tears.

Yes, it's excruciatingly dull.

That's why we waste so much time discussing all these teams. 

heganboy

Quote from: gawa316 on October 01, 2015, 04:24:11 PM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pYjwXpAiZhA

Something similar today?!

this team doesn't have the stones to come back like that. heads would be down too early
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

gawa316

Confirmed #LFC team v FC Sion: Mignolet, Clyne, Toure, Gomez, Can, Lallana, Rossiter, Allen, Ibe, Origi, Ings

Confirmed #LFC subs v FC Sion: Bogdan, Coutinho, Sakho, Moreno, Brannagan, Randall, Chirivella

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

laoislad

Quote from: gawa316 on October 01, 2015, 07:18:56 PM
Confirmed #LFC team v FC Sion: Mignolet, Clyne, Toure, Gomez, Can, Lallana, Rossiter, Allen, Ibe, Origi, Ings

Confirmed #LFC subs v FC Sion: Bogdan, Coutinho, Sakho, Moreno, Brannagan, Randall, Chirivella
Ings should have a couple and Origi missed a sitter right at the end.
Very soft goal to give away after a bright start and taking an early lead.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

stew

Quote from: gawa316 on October 01, 2015, 04:24:11 PM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pYjwXpAiZhA

Something similar today?!

God that was great viewing, John Barnes was a favorite of mine, an absolute joy to watch.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.