?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

general_lee

Quote from: Angelo on November 30, 2020, 04:32:36 PM
If we are seriously going to appoint Strachan then what's the point.

He is an absolute dinosaur of a manager and he's not going to rescue this situation.
I'd near take him, if just until the end of the season. Anything is better than staying with Lennon.

Gabriel_Hurl

Dan Petrescu just out of a job in Romania

rodney trotter

@SwissRamble on Twitter gives a good breakdown of the finances of the Scottish clubs. Not so rosy for Rangers

JimStynes

Quote from: rodney trotter on November 30, 2020, 08:12:48 PM
@SwissRamble on Twitter gives a good breakdown of the finances of the Scottish clubs. Not so rosy for Rangers
It'll be fine. They'll morales and they'll be in champions league next year.

MoChara

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on November 30, 2020, 07:20:27 PM
Dan Petrescu just out of a job in Romania

He's been at 15 clubs this past 17 years apparently, and he lost the Cluj job because he's had a similar season to Lennon. I was on for it too until I read that 🤣

Angelo

So Lennon is not being sacked. This is quite frankly incredible.

There's no way Lawwell should or can see this out. He is now in the direct firing line over this and with the support as riled as they are he would want to be upping his security detail significantly. Lawwell is destroying this club.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Chief

Quote from: Angelo on December 01, 2020, 10:13:31 AM

There's no way Lawwell should or can see this out. He is now in the direct firing line over this and with the support as riled as they are he would want to be upping his security detail significantly. Lawwell is destroying this club.

Despicable thing to say

It's only a game

Angelo

Quote from: Chief on December 01, 2020, 10:50:27 AM

Despicable thing to say

It's only a game

Why is despicable to say? Did you see the scenes on Sunday? That's only going to get worse when the board further insult the fans.

Don't think you know much about football or football in Glasgow. Tempers are festering and the fans are incredibly angry right now and Lawwell is rubbing their faces in it. You must be very naive or not know the behaviours of football fans very well.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Chief

Quote from: Angelo on December 01, 2020, 11:00:02 AM
Quote from: Chief on December 01, 2020, 10:50:27 AM

Despicable thing to say

It's only a game

Why is despicable to say? Did you see the scenes on Sunday? That's only going to get worse when the board further insult the fans.

Don't think you know much about football or football in Glasgow. Tempers are festering and the fans are incredibly angry right now and Lawwell is rubbing their faces in it. You must be very naive or not know the behaviours of football fans very well.

Their anger or frustration doesn't excuse a damn thing, if they choose to express it with violence.

The fact that this is the "behaviour of football fans" doesn't excuse a damn thing either.

The fact that Glasgow is the location makes it no less despicable.

Anyone subscribing to that mindset should be kicked out the club and roundly ignored in terms of influencing decisions.

We were "all Neil Lennon" when we was being physically attacked because of his politics / religion, but now you equivocate when Celtic people may be be physically attacked over a bad run of form.

Despicable.

illdecide

100% right Chief. From the comments i heard NL was to be sacked only for the scum behaviour of the so called fans which is on par for the comments from a few on here who condone that behaviour. Dermot Desmond has basically said he will not bow down to that mob and he's right too but at the same time do not cut of your nose etc etc. 
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

illdecide

Quote from: JimStynes on November 30, 2020, 09:12:24 PM
Quote from: rodney trotter on November 30, 2020, 08:12:48 PM
It'll be fine. They'll morales and they'll be in champions league next year.

Will they though...Moralles value is falling quicker than the Tyrone players and Sevco have to win the league first and also qualify after that...Not as straight forward as you think. Can go pear shape for them just as quick and easy as not.

Main Street

Quote from: illdecide on December 01, 2020, 11:29:17 AM
100% right Chief. From the comments i heard NL was to be sacked only for the scum behaviour of the so called fans which is on par for the comments from a few on here who condone that behaviour. Dermot Desmond has basically said he will not bow down to that mob and he's right too but at the same time do not cut of your nose etc etc. 
Me bollix,.
What violence have you seen?  I've read of pressure being applied to a temporary fence, one angry fan and 3 officers with a minor ailment. 

Lennon should have resigned on sunday, he's a past hero now living inside a brain fart of his own creation  playing the mope card.
Where did this timidity come from?
This is a guy who played for NI while being booed by many or most of the crowd, who withstood  torrents of bigoted abuse all over Scotland year in year out and targeted  ugly abuse off the field. Now he plays the mope card when fans start shouting at him  to resign after he has presided over the worst run in Celtic post WW2. And clearly there's a disconnect not just between him and the players but the reality of being Celtic manager.

dublin7

I would say the so called celtic supporters and their antics outside the ground last week back fired and the board are backing Lennon to show they won't be influenced by knuckle draggers like them.

Those fans are a joke they way they carried on at the weekend. That's no way to treat Lennon given the success he has brought them in the past both as a player and as a manager. Fans can absolutely protest and call for change without the need to start a riot. It's a shocking state of affairs when you claim the club should hire personal security for the protection of any employee of the club

illdecide

I'm not saying Lennon should stay...far from it. I have publicly said he has to go, simple as that. I am not backing him in any way here, what i am saying is the way it's being done and the scum behaviour from some so called fans who think they can get their way by violence.
Dunno why you are casting up about playing for NI, whats that got to do with fans acting the bollix.

Chief

Quote from: Main Street on December 01, 2020, 11:39:46 AM
Quote from: illdecide on December 01, 2020, 11:29:17 AM
Me bollix,.
What violence have you seen?  I've read of pressure being applied to a temporary fence, one angry fan and 3 officers with a minor ailment. 

Lennon should have resigned on sunday, he's a past hero now living inside a brain fart of his own creation  playing the mope card.
Where did this timidity come from?
This is a guy who played for NI while being booed by many or most of the crowd, who withstood  torrents of bigoted abuse all over Scotland year in year out and targeted  ugly abuse off the field. Now he plays the mope card when fans start shouting at him  to resign after he has presided over the worst run in Celtic post WW2. And clearly there's a disconnect not just between him and the players but the reality of being Celtic manager.

Angelo literally just said Lawell should up his security detail.

If I recall we all condemned the nonsense NL has had to put up with in the past, but now he's just being timid? Sounds like double standards.

To be clear, I think Lennon should go, I also think Lawell/Desmond were wrong not to sack him, but that shouldn't mean for a second that Lawell needs to up his security detail.