?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

6th sam

Quote from: Angelo on November 30, 2020, 10:09:23 AM
Quote from: Applesisapples on November 30, 2020, 09:47:50 AM
Quote from: Angelo on November 30, 2020, 09:32:56 AM
Quote from: Applesisapples on November 30, 2020, 09:12:22 AM
The problems with Celtic at the moment run deeper than NL. The players and backroom staff also are culpable. That he has run out road is undoubtedly true. The denigration of what he has achieved as a player and manager by some fans is uncalled for. Mickey Harte is a legend in Tyrone but even he came to the finishing point. Unfortunately in modern soccer the ending of managerial careers is no longer dignified. The rabble outside the ground yesterday have made the job of letting Lennon go harder, I for one would not allow them to have their way. If or when Rangers go on and lift the league it will be good for Scottish football. Celtic's failures this year have stemmed from players like Edouard thinking he's Messi, (he wouldn't  start for Dundalk on current form), and wanting a move. He wouldn't get a look in at a big club in Europe. He can't score against Ross County FFS. Griffiths keeps kissing the badge but can't get fit, Brown is done, I could go on. The back room team and player acquisition have also let the club down. It is in my view it is a collective failure. Lennon and Brown are club legends whether you like it or not and deserve a dignified exit.

Ah Jesus wept! No comparison.
You changed your tune from when Ronny Deila was in charge.

Oh there's huge comparisons with Deila. Deila's last season is almost identical to Lennon's so far but Lennon has a far stronger and more expensively assembled squad than Deila had. In fact it's worse, we have fallen at earlier hurdles in every metric than Deila's last season so far. We went out two rounds earlier in the CL. The Europa League has been an identical campaign, only we didn't ship a couple fo 4-1 hammerings. We have exited the League Cup a round earlier.

Deila also didn't treat his players and the fans with contempt, he didn't come out to the press, tell us we were unlucky, chuck the players under the bus at every opportunity he got. What Lennon has done this season has insulted the fans. The fans aren't idiots, they can see the games and they shouldn't be told we have been unlucky against inferior opposition when we haven't, not once has he put his hands up and taken responsibility for his awful selections, the complete absence of tactics and general things that should be corrected on the training ground like set play concessions. That's his job and while he was happy to remind the fans what he won he did not want to take any blame for the failings. His own arrogance has been his undoing.

Deila had the decency to announce he'd be leaving after the Rangers defeat. If Lennon had any honour or shame he'd do the same thing today.
🤦🏻‍♂️I'm actually going to agree with Angelo on this, surely Lennons recent record is much worse than Delia prior to his departure, and arguably with much more resources

Angelo

Kennedy and Strachan need the door as well. A lot of the problems are training ground related, the amount of shit goals we concede from set plays, our shape, our cohesiveness - all that is done on the training ground. We've an amateur setup.

Kennedy is another company man, like Lennon. Not sure on his capabilities as a coach but if he was in anyway good at his job we wouldn't be as awful as we have been.

The big worry with Lennon was he was always a yes man, he did not get this job on merit. Nobody who fails at Bolton and Hibs as his only real managerial experience should ever have been getting the Celtic job. He was in there as Lawwell could control him, he had no say on his backroom team or on transfers, a real manager doesn't operate in that way. Look at Rodgers, he surrounded himself with his team, he left because the board did not back him and did not match his ambition to improve Celtic. He had clout to go up against the board. It's just a shame he couldn't see the season out and left Celtic with trophies still to play for.

If Lennon was really a Celtic man, he would have went against the board but Lennon was just happy to have the job and was happy to do whatever Lawwell asked of him and that's why I have little sympathy for him. Neil Lennon looks after Neil Lennon first and foremost. His interviews have been absolutely apathetic of late and  only serve to show his arrogance and complete detachment with the fans.

Lawwell is the biggest problem though, we will struggle to attract a good manager while he's there as he only wants a yes man. There's a rotten culture at Celtic that permeates at Celtic, Kennedy and Lennon are prime examples - guys who get their start with no experience and are beholden to the man that gave them that opportunity. They are now company men, they owe Lawwell and that's a huge problem.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

JimStynes

Quote from: 6th sam on November 30, 2020, 11:32:34 AM
Quote from: bennydorano on November 30, 2020, 10:05:30 AM
Hopefully the shower of French c***ts go out the door with Lennon, they are the cancer in the club, clear as day.

Do you realise That's potentially racist , never mind pure conjecture. How would u feel if English Man United fans, said that about their Irish players, with alleged party attitude back in the day when they were looking rid off Ron Atkinson?

Oh ffs. Wise up

JimStynes

Celtic would need to get someone really good in because there's not much time left before the gap will be too big to catch. I can't see a new manager turning things around within a short space of time. What's pochettino at for the next few months? Surely someone could bribe him into doing it.

skeog

Jim Mc Guinness is available he would soon sort the slackers out.

general_lee

It's not insurmountable but it is a huge challenge. Is anyone expecting any news on Lennon departing this week or are the board going to wait until Thursday for one last embarrassment?

illdecide

Quote from: JimStynes on November 30, 2020, 01:02:55 PM
Celtic would need to get someone really good in because there's not much time left before the gap will be too big to catch. I can't see a new manager turning things around within a short space of time. What's pochettino at for the next few months? Surely someone could bribe him into doing it.

He'd be looking big money Jim...That's half the problem...we want top men for the job but can't afford to pay them, a temporary post for someone until end of May and pay them whatever they want surely they can afford a small 6 month contract and that gives them time to pick the best man for the job for the summer. Remember we can't raise our voices to these players now so an old style manager is prob not going to work. Someone young who can help pamper them and gel their hair or their agents hair ffs and show them a video (Alex Ferguson wouldn't be too great these days by the sounds of things).
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Angelo

Quote from: illdecide on November 30, 2020, 02:09:07 PM

He'd be looking big money Jim...That's half the problem...we want top men for the job but can't afford to pay them, a temporary post for someone until end of May and pay them whatever they want surely they can afford a small 6 month contract and that gives them time to pick the best man for the job for the summer. Remember we can't raise our voices to these players now so an old style manager is prob not going to work. Someone young who can help pamper them and gel their hair or their agents hair ffs and show them a video (Alex Ferguson wouldn't be too great these days by the sounds of things).

Of course we can afford a top manager.

We have 22m in the bank. We could afford to pay Rodgers, there was never an issue with his salary. The big issue is simply that Lawwell does not want a big name there who has the clout to challenge him in the face of the fans. That's all it boils down to.

Lawwell wants to continue being the one of the highest paid execs in football while running the club down with asset stripping and cheap options like Neil Lennon.

Lawwell has to go.

Main Street

Quote from: JimStynes on November 30, 2020, 12:54:45 PM
Quote from: 6th sam on November 30, 2020, 11:32:34 AM
Quote from: bennydorano on November 30, 2020, 10:05:30 AM
Hopefully the shower of French c***ts go out the door with Lennon, they are the cancer in the club, clear as day.

Do you realise That's potentially racist , never mind pure conjecture. How would u feel if English Man United fans, said that about their Irish players, with alleged party attitude back in the day when they were looking rid off Ron Atkinson?

Oh ffs. Wise up
Jim, pardon your french 

straightred

Spurs ae still paying him a fortune so i doubt he is too fussed about working anywhere until that runs out

square_ball

Quote from: Angelo on November 30, 2020, 11:28:34 AM
I think we need a short term solution for this season, someone like Allardyce is the best bet for me to come in and see the season out, throw a nice little £1m bonus if he wins the league. He has a track record in taking jobs on and turning the fortunes about of clubs.

Big Sam gets a lot of stick but he's a very good manager and his ego would love a league title on the CV.

Angelo

If we are seriously going to appoint Strachan then what's the point.

He is an absolute dinosaur of a manager and he's not going to rescue this situation.

bennydorano

Can't get Big Sam cos everybody would want to see him fail so Angelo might shut the f**k up.

JimStynes

Big Sam's love child

He's no Brendan Rodgers all the same

rodney trotter

More chance of Neil Warnock then Pochettino.

Rogers went to Celtic because he was a boyhood Celtic fan, and wanted to rebuild reputation after ended badly with Liverpool.

They might have 22m in the bank, but aren't making money with no crowds at games and out of Europe.