?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

RedHand88

Quote from: Angelo on November 28, 2020, 07:42:32 PM
Quote from: thewobbler on November 28, 2020, 07:13:46 PM
I wonder if it'll ever dawn on Celtic supporters that the key to them becoming more competitive in Europe, isn't the board, or the manager, but a more competitive league that they don't win every season.

If the league isn't competitive, international interest (sponsorship, tv money, plus player awareness) wanes. If the league isn't competitive, local interest (attendance, sponsorship, tv money, plus player awareness) wanes.

You simply won't attract top international talent to live in shitty, miserable Glasgow as it stands. The core competition is unattractive, and for the most part of the world, unknown.

Teams from the Czech, Danish, Austrian etc leagues have done well in Europe in recent years.

Sevco are going very well in Europe at present.

Celtic should be doing a hell of a lot better with both the playing squad they have and the money they have in the bank.

We have Scrooge in the boardroom and a chap who is probably not good enough to manage Glenavon overseeing the on field activities.

Are you not mortified to be so far behind a club that (as you put it) was only formed just 8 years ago? Would it not be easier and less embarrassing to call them Rangers?

general_lee

Quote from: Angelo on November 28, 2020, 06:21:16 PM
Quote from: general_lee on November 28, 2020, 11:42:13 AM
Quote from: Angelo on November 27, 2020, 02:22:28 PM
Quote from: illdecide on November 27, 2020, 02:06:45 PM
Angelo...TBH this is the last time i'll ever respond to one of your posts because TBH you're just an attention seeking lower than a snakes belly good for nothing person (very nearly typed another word there). Would love to type a whole lot more but would only get banned. Have a nice life (Not)

Jesus Christ, would you ever grow up. You're behaving like a 5 year old because I stated some facts about Lennon.

He was an average player and is a sub standard manager, he managed to carve a very successful career for himself out of football and make himself very rich because he Celtic fans felt a lot of sympathy due to the sectarian abuse he suffered. As a footballer and manager though he underwhelmed and I think his conduct has been poor at times. Let us not forget how he was happy to chuck Alan Thompson under a bus to save his own skin.

Think you need to have a long look af yourself in the mirror if you are getting so upset and taking things so personal over valid criticism of a football manager
You are actually poison at this stage and your shité posts are getting tiresome. You're portraying your opinion as "fact". Just admit you personally resent Lennon and you might actually be taken seriously (did he shag your sister or something???)

I bet you're one of these cünts that would be over patting him on the back if you met him in person. He spent 7 years at the club because "the fans felt sorry for him" f**k I haven't read such shite in my life.

Not at all. You lads should be ashamed with the way you are conducting yourselves on here when VALID facts and VALID criticism is subjected to the manager on the results and performances. It doesn't take long for you guys to start flinging out insults and trying to intimidate when anyone rightly criticises Lennon. You're behaving like a petulant child.

Lennon is not good enough for the job. He wasn't good enough for Bolton or Hibs and he's certainly not good enough for Celtic.

Maybe the likes you and the rest of the Lennon cheerleaders might do us a favour and piss off out of here when Lennon goes as you seem to be far more invested in the cult of the manager than the football club itself.

Embarrassments.
You're the only child here. I want Lennon gone. It's what's best for the club. You on the other hand. You haven't fucked up about how shít a player he was and how shít a manger he is/was. Listening to you you'd think he'd been stealing a living at all the clubs he played at or managed in the last 30 years. And no one ever noticed except you. Which is fair enough. You are entitled to your opinion as much as anyone. But you also have a personal vendetta. And you lack the balls to admit it.

general_lee

Quote from: Main Street on November 28, 2020, 07:05:12 PM
Quote from: general_lee on November 28, 2020, 12:00:52 PM
QuoteAll told we have a very, very average team on balance, that is (was) good enough to win the SPL year after year when there was no challenge but very limited in Europe.

Lennon and his team do not seem to be developing players, bringing on the younger players or being tactically astute enough to boss / change games.

All told it's difficult to see how we get out of this rut unless there is a seismic shift in attiude, application, tactical awareness, structure, coaching, development and fitness and management.
Great post, a lot of good points covered but the last bit sums it up. Ultimately the changes need to come from board level. Operating in a piss poor Scottish league there needs to be a degree of realism from fans. All the board care about is the balance sheets and are happy to be dominant in Scotland and chance the arm in Europe. Relying on Rangers slipping up rather than having faith in the current squad and management sums it for me where the club is at right now. 10IAR is becoming a curse and while it looks nice it just papers over the cracks that have been there for a few years now
The current squad is almost good enough but there's a big hole in the most important position at CM. Brown is the captain and probably the only player big enough to be captain, but he's no longer good enough to hold his place on the team.
I'm starting to have doubts about the quality of the squad to be honest. Signings have been poor bar Laxalt. Broony, as much as a legend as he is, only signed a two year extension because 10IAR is/was a possibility.

Angelo

Quote from: general_lee on November 29, 2020, 12:16:39 PM

You're the only child here. I want Lennon gone. It's what's best for the club. You on the other hand. You haven't fucked up about how shít a player he was and how shít a manger he is/was. Listening to you you'd think he'd been stealing a living at all the clubs he played at or managed in the last 30 years. And no one ever noticed except you. Which is fair enough. You are entitled to your opinion as much as anyone. But you also have a personal vendetta. And you lack the balls to admit it.

Wrong. You are behaving like a child. All my criticism of Lennon is valid, there's been nothing personal here - it's all been about his capabilities as a player and manadger. If you want him gone now then it's only because you are a slow learner, he should have been out on his hole after the farce against Ferencvaros. Plenty of people have noticed it, but his doe-eyed Armagh fanboys refuse to hear a few home truths. I have absolutely no vendetta here, you  and the other Armagh lads are the ones who are compromised and will not speak objectively.

You're the one who doesn't have the balls to admit that you are blinded by geographical ties to a failed Bolton and Hibs manager. Lennon has no business being in the Celtic job and it's about time you guys took your Neil Lennon supporting truck with you elsewhere.

What do you take issue with what I said on Lennon? I can guarantee you this, the guy will never manage a club of Celtic's magnitude elsewhere in his career - what does that tell you?
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Angelo

Anyone surprised to see Brown start again?

Angelo

Penalty for Ross County.

If Lennon has any respect for the Celtic fans then he will resign if we lose here.

straightred

Quote from: Angelo on November 29, 2020, 02:39:05 PM
Penalty for Ross County.

If Lennon has any respect for the Celtic fans then he will resign if we lose here.

Dont get me wrong i never want celtic to lose but there is a bigger picture at play. Even if they come back and win he should still go. He should be gone by now regardless. This is death by 1000 cuts

Angelo

Quote from: straightred on November 29, 2020, 02:50:04 PM
Quote from: Angelo on November 29, 2020, 02:39:05 PM
Penalty for Ross County.

Dont get me wrong i never want celtic to lose but there is a bigger picture at play. Even if they come back and win he should still go. He should be gone by now regardless. This is death by 1000 cuts

Shhhhh, his fan boys will be on to you.

Lennon has probably seen to 10IAR being a pipe dream now. He should have been gone months ago, the writing was on the wall then but his fanboys/slow learners wouldn't hear of it and now here we are. Potentially out of the league cup, out of the Europa League and 11 points behind in the league is some going.

Lawwell is a cancer on this club.

Angelo

straightred

Quote from: Angelo on November 29, 2020, 03:44:14 PM
Goodbye and Goodnight Lennon.

i've thought a few times that he'd be gone but he has survived. This must be the point of no return though

Itchy

Players are throwing him under the bus now as often happens. He should walk now before he gets dragged through the crap on this.

From the Bunker

The two recent titles he won. One was handed on a plate by Rodgers and the second was handed on a plate by Covid 19.

Angelo

Quote from: straightred on November 29, 2020, 03:46:41 PM
Quote from: Angelo on November 29, 2020, 03:44:14 PM
Goodbye and Goodnight Lennon.

i've thought a few times that he'd be gone but he has survived. This must be the point of no return though

If he wasn't a low rate yes man then he'd have been at least a month ago. As you said, there's no way he should survive this but we'll see.

There's absolutely no way he'd have survived this run with packed stadiums, this is the type of run that would have fans in on the pitch at the players and manager.

Angelo

Quote from: From the Bunker on November 29, 2020, 03:50:13 PM
The two recent titles he won. One was handed on a plate by Rodgers and the second was handed on a plate by Covid 19.

Shhhhh. The attack dogs will be onto you.