Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Raven

I've noticed this on down coaching Twitter "There will b a 2nd "Coaching Clinic" for East Down based minor footballers this Thursday, Dec 3rd @7pm sharp @Redhigh1934" just wondering is this supposed to be code for minor trials, if so doesn't give lads much notice 24 hours. Anyone confirm?

The Raven

Quote from: rosskarr on December 02, 2015, 09:57:42 PM
Quote from: The Raven on December 02, 2015, 09:31:49 PM
I've noticed this on down coaching Twitter "There will b a 2nd "Coaching Clinic" for East Down based minor footballers this Thursday, Dec 3rd @7pm sharp @Redhigh1934" just wondering is this supposed to be code for minor trials, if so doesn't give lads much notice 24 hours. Anyone confirm?
The Down Way.Bad start for the Minor Management if they are going to use the tried and "failed" way of organising things in Down.

You couldn't make it up less than 24 hours notice and they still manage to balls up venue, now in Ballykinlar

redandblackareback

Quote from: Line Ball on December 02, 2015, 07:22:33 PM
Taken from Hoganstand

Coulter and Clarke in Mourne return?
02 December 2015

New Down manager Eamonn Burns hasn't given up hope on 2010 All-Stars Benny Coulter and Marty Clarke returning to the inter-county fold in 2016.

Speaking to The Belfast Telegraph at the launch of the Dr McKenna Cup competition, Burns revealed: "I have spoken to Benny and he has some work commitments at the minute. He hasn't committed yet.

"Marty is involved with Queen's University and I am speaking to James McCartan (Queen's manager) about the progress he is making.

"I am going to keep an eye on Marty throughout the McKenna Cup and see how he is progressing and make a decision then. But I haven't spoken to him at all.

"I think he is managing his medical condition, but as I haven't spoken to him, I don't want to say too much."

28-year-old Clarke suffers from Addington's Disease but his return would be a significant boost to the Mourne County's chances in the new year.

Meanwhile, the new man at the helm also revealed that Aidan Branigan and Gerard Colgan have joined his backroom team as selectors.

So this has been confirmed officially in the media, have clubs been notified? Would this genuinely be our worst Senior management team since the 1980's? I know we were prepared to be underwhelmed but surely we could have pooled together a better set up than this.

downup

Management Appointments

Rostrevor - Shane Mulholland
Saval - Gareth Thornton
Longstone - Keith Kelly
Mayobridge - Frank Dawson
Castlewellan - Shorty had added Mark Doran to his set up
Burren - Sean Ward has added Mark Copeland to his set up
Banbridge - Gary Farrell

Down Follower

Under 21 finals this Sunday. You would hardly know the tournament was even on.  This year showed again why it needs a revamp. Loads of unplayed games.  Anyway, the outcome
A Final - Clonduff v Mayobridge
B Final - Warrenpoint v Rostrevor
These names look ever so familiar!! Swap Burren or Kilcoo in there for any of them and thats usually who you see in Minor/U21 finals. Where are the 'new' teams like Bredagh and Carryduff or are we still a couple of years away from that yet?

5 Sams

Quote from: redandblackareback on December 02, 2015, 11:43:54 PM
Taken from Hoganstand

02 December 2015

New Down manager Eamonn Burns hasn't given up hope on 2010 All-Stars Benny Coulter and Marty Clarke returning to the inter-county fold in 2016.

Speaking to The Belfast Telegraph at the launch of the Dr McKenna Cup competition, Burns revealed: "I have spoken to Benny and he has some work commitments at the minute. He hasn't committed yet.

"Marty is involved with Queen's University and I am speaking to James McCartan (Queen's manager) about the progress he is making.

"I am going to keep an eye on Marty throughout the McKenna Cup and see how he is progressing and make a decision then. But I haven't spoken to him at all.

"I think he is managing his medical condition, but as I haven't spoken to him, I don't want to say too much."

28-year-old Clarke suffers from Addington's Disease but his return would be a significant boost to the Mourne County's chances in the new year.

Meanwhile, the new man at the helm also revealed that Aidan Branigan and Gerard Colgan have joined his backroom team as selectors.

So this has been confirmed officially in the media, have clubs been notified? Would this genuinely be our worst Senior management team since the 1980's? I know we were prepared to be underwhelmed but surely we could have pooled together a better set up than this.

Are ye not getting a bit hysterical lads. They haven't even played a challenge game never mind a competitive game and you are asking this question about the management. Catch a grip and give them a chance lads ffs >:(
The Aristocrat Years

snoopdog

Quote from: 5 Sams on December 03, 2015, 03:47:29 PM
Quote from: redandblackareback on December 02, 2015, 11:43:54 PM
Taken from Hoganstand

02 December 2015

Are ye not getting a bit hysterical lads. They haven't even played a challenge game never mind a competitive game and you are asking this question about the management. Catch a grip and give them a chance lads ffs >:(
+1

Centre 3/4

Quote from: Down Follower on December 03, 2015, 02:16:02 PM
Under 21 finals this Sunday. You would hardly know the tournament was even on.  This year showed again why it needs a revamp. Loads of unplayed games.  Anyway, the outcome
These names look ever so familiar!! Swap Burren or Kilcoo in there for any of them and thats usually who you see in Minor/U21 finals. Where are the 'new' teams like Bredagh and Carryduff or are we still a couple of years away from that yet?
Carryduff won the B u21 last year

Down Follower

Quote from: Centre 3/4 on December 03, 2015, 04:17:30 PM
Quote from: Down Follower on December 03, 2015, 02:16:02 PM
Carryduff won the B u21 last year

They did indeed but the other 3 finalists were.....
Warrenpoint, Burren & Rostrevor.
Year before that,
Warrenpont & Burren - from memory there was no B final that year.

T O Hare

We are over the moon to be in the final after contesting a really tough group. Beating Warrenpoint last week was a great achievement considering we are playing with eight 2015 minors. Clonduff have a bit more experience and will be favourites but the conditions this time of year are a great leveller. Underage football is a stepping stone to senior and we are happy with our boys progression but a county title would be a nice end to 2015.
"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

cut the crap

Now that Eamonn has selected his back room team what about giving him the chance to show what he can produce, all I read is negativity from so called down supporters , let's get behind our team and stop all the whinging , and I'm not on the county executive  nor part of any management team but having played for this county it pains and saddens me to read some of the posts on this forum and other social media sites so unless you have constructive and meaningful posts stay quiet

Brick Tamlin

Let's be honest. Very few give a shit about the u21 comp.

Aristo 60

cut the crap

Listen here ye prize doughnot i havent been on here before but i can see you have been with your negative retoric and mighterier than thou attitude , as i have said before would it not be nice to debate team selections, attittudes to current football rules, etc but dont come with destructive comment which you delight in come with a viable alternative which might tax your grey matter and stimulate constructive debate Mr Rosskar

Line Ball

Quote from: downup on December 03, 2015, 01:42:23 PM
Management Appointments

Rostrevor - Shane Mulholland
Saval - Gareth Thornton
Longstone - Keith Kelly
Mayobridge - Frank Dawson
Castlewellan - Shorty had added Mark Doran to his set up
Burren - Sean Ward has added Mark Copeland to his set up
Banbridge - Gary Farrell

Bryansford - Brian Burns