Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Under Lights

Quote from: smort on May 18, 2023, 08:44:32 AM
Calm down coddfather, many other counties have a recreational league, and I suppose Tyrone do have a version of it with the dads and lads tournaments

Derrytresk regulated to Dads and Lads tournament you reckon?

RedHand88

Any club putting in a request to switch a game that is 24 hours after a wedding ends needs laughed out the door.

smort

Quote from: RedHand88 on May 18, 2023, 09:06:59 AM
Any club putting in a request to switch a game that is 24 hours after a wedding ends needs laughed out the door.
Exactly

BG_Gael

Quote from: The Coddfather on May 18, 2023, 08:37:11 AM
Quote from: BG_Gael on May 17, 2023, 11:10:46 PM
Quote from: breakingball78 on May 17, 2023, 10:34:13 PM
Quote from: BG_Gael on May 17, 2023, 09:36:52 PM
Quote from: breakingball78 on May 17, 2023, 11:08:17 AM
I believe it's the exact same situation with Eskra and Derrytresk this Friday. Derrytresk have a wedding on the Thursday. Eskra wouldn't reschedule the game to earlier in the week because they have players away working in England. They wouldn't re schedule the game to the weekend either because they have a wedding. I seen last week however they were able to reschedule the game to earlier in the week against killyman? Surely the CCC should be able to look at this and fix the game for some stage later in the year.

Why are Eskra and Clogher getting flak here? Correct me if im wrong but these are THURSDAY weddings, not Friday, why on earth would any team change a game from a Friday night to accommodate lads suffering from a hangover or going on a day 2, especially when it would mean they're going to be missing players themselves. Some cheek to blame them. Season is always up and running during May, and there have been Friday night games 3 years now, what serious player puts his wedding on a Thursday or Friday night mid season?

Where did you read that Clogher and Eskra were getting stick for it? Nobody has blamed them yet. Yes because amateur football on a Friday is the first thing you think of when you're planning your wedding day. Good man BG_Gael just you keep being miserable your whole life.

In the message I quoted there was a bit of stick given to Eskra, and on others Clogher where getting some too.
Well yeah I know of plenty of lads who plan holidays and weddings around the football season, I would be one of those people too, if you're anyway serious about it is what you do. It is a bit of a joke Derrytresk not even attempting to field on Friday night, leaving 30 Eskra lads without football because they want to go on a tear up.

Could call into question the need for a recreational league within in Tyrone because no serious team would sacrifice league points in the 2nd league game of the year, fixed for a Friday night, for a wedding on a Thursday.

And also totally unfair what the County Board have done to Clogher too, they should never have been put in that place. Why should they be at a disadvantage, the game should be played Friday night.

A "recreational league"?

What classifies something as recreational? Not getting paid? What would the differences be between this recreational league an the current ACL leagues and reserve leagues be?

Catch yourself on.

Yes an amateur sport, but like in any sport the idea is winning and being competitive. Not a good look not fielding, 2 points clearly aren't important to these teams, no ambition to win a league, so either hit them where it hurts in fines for not fielding as well as losing the points  (obviously in certain so situations) or yes let them play in a league where they can come or go, field.or not an no one would really care.
It's not a great look for the integrity of the Junior league, has been a lot of DNFs over the last year and a half and has become far to easy to say we're just not fielding. It makes no sense, they give Cookstown a real battle last weekend and then lay over for Eskra the following week. No serious team does that

The Coddfather

Quote from: BG_Gael on May 18, 2023, 09:15:00 AM
I believe it's the exact same situation with Eskra and Derrytresk this Friday. Derrytresk have a wedding on the Thursday. Eskra wouldn't reschedule the game to earlier in the week because they have players away working in England. They wouldn't re schedule the game to the weekend either because they have a wedding. I seen last week however they were able to reschedule the game to earlier in the week against killyman? Surely the CCC should be able to look at this and fix the game for some stage later in the year.

Why are Eskra and Clogher getting flak here? Correct me if im wrong but these are THURSDAY weddings, not Friday, why on earth would any team change a game from a Friday night to accommodate lads suffering from a hangover or going on a day 2, especially when it would mean they're going to be missing players themselves. Some cheek to blame them. Season is always up and running during May, and there have been Friday night games 3 years now, what serious player puts his wedding on a Thursday or Friday night mid season?

Where did you read that Clogher and Eskra were getting stick for it? Nobody has blamed them yet. Yes because amateur football on a Friday is the first thing you think of when you're planning your wedding day. Good man BG_Gael just you keep being miserable your whole life.

In the message I quoted there was a bit of stick given to Eskra, and on others Clogher where getting some too.
Well yeah I know of plenty of lads who plan holidays and weddings around the football season, I would be one of those people too, if you're anyway serious about it is what you do. It is a bit of a joke Derrytresk not even attempting to field on Friday night, leaving 30 Eskra lads without football because they want to go on a tear up.

Could call into question the need for a recreational league within in Tyrone because no serious team would sacrifice league points in the 2nd league game of the year, fixed for a Friday night, for a wedding on a Thursday.

And also totally unfair what the County Board have done to Clogher too, they should never have been put in that place. Why should they be at a disadvantage, the game should be played Friday night.

A "recreational league"?

What classifies something as recreational? Not getting paid? What would the differences be between this recreational league an the current ACL leagues and reserve leagues be?

Catch yourself on.

Yes an amateur sport, but like in any sport the idea is winning and being competitive. Not a good look not fielding, 2 points clearly aren't important to these teams, no ambition to win a league, so either hit them where it hurts in fines for not fielding as well as losing the points  (obviously in certain so situations) or yes let them play in a league where they can come or go, field.or not an no one would really care.
It's not a great look for the integrity of the Junior league, has been a lot of DNFs over the last year and a half and has become far to easy to say we're just not fielding. It makes no sense, they give Cookstown a real battle last weekend and then lay over for Eskra the following week. No serious team does that

You're preaching to the choir here... I agree that this entire fiasco is a  bit of a joke.

However, some of the solutions yourself and a few others have came out with are comical. You'd be a great man to have on the county board  ;)

RedHand88

If the board are going to be moving games to accommodate "Day 2s" then the league is going to be running until Christmas.
Completely farcical situation. I honestly cannot believe Derrytresk asked for this.

BG_Gael

Quote from: The Coddfather on May 18, 2023, 09:22:49 AM
Quote from: BG_Gael on May 18, 2023, 09:15:00 AM

A "recreational league"?

Catch yourself on.

You're preaching to the choir here... I agree that this entire fiasco is a  bit of a joke.

However, some of the solutions yourself and a few others have came out with are comical. You'd be a great man to have on the county board  ;)

The sooner the 4 league system gets implemented again the better. Let whoever wants to stay in the mire of Junior football stay and the rest with ambition to play competitive games

Under Lights

Quote from: RedHand88 on May 18, 2023, 09:28:24 AM
If the board are going to be moving games to accommodate "Day 2s" then the league is going to be running until Christmas.
Completely farcical situation. I honestly cannot believe Derrytresk asked for this.

Just to be clear, and to make it even more farcical. Both Derrytresk and Owen Roes both asked for this. Derrytresk were denied and now not fielding. Owen Roes were granted on the same request despite protests from opposition.

RedHand88

Quote from: Under Lights on May 18, 2023, 10:00:04 AM
Quote from: RedHand88 on May 18, 2023, 09:28:24 AM

Just to be clear, and to make it even more farcical. Both Derrytresk and Owen Roes both asked for this. Derrytresk were denied and now not fielding. Owen Roes were granted on the same request despite protests from opposition.

That's also ridiculous.

Under Lights

I don't know if this makes a difference but I believe Owen Roes have a band booked for Day 2 Friday night.

smort

Cost of living crisis, what cost of living crisis!?

RedHand88

Quote from: Under Lights on May 18, 2023, 10:12:27 AM
I don't know if this makes a difference but I believe Owen Roes have a band booked for Day 2 Friday night.

Staaaap.

Under Lights

Quote from: smort on May 18, 2023, 10:13:17 AM
Cost of living crisis, what cost of living crisis!?

If you only had a one day wedding are you really married at all?

trueblue1234

BBQ too. T'is only fair it was moved......
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Under Lights

Quote from: trueblue1234 on May 18, 2023, 01:10:07 PM

BBQ too. T'is only fair it was moved......

Raymond Monteith eats for free.