Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trailer

Some messing with fixtures already and the league hasn't really started.

The Coddfather

Quote from: giveherlong on May 17, 2023, 12:37:20 PM
Simple solution, if players are involved book the weddings for a Saturday during summer
Even if you are playing on a Saturday you'll be at the hotel in time for the good part
Thursday weddings don't give much consideration to guests anyway!

Great idea... everybody just simply pay the premium for a Saturday weddings to accommodate the bottom tier of an amateur sport  ::)

rrhf

Is living in sin a thing of the past?

breakingball78

It is completely outrages how the county board operate. They're never thinking about the players it's all about themselves. Every club in the county are going to face this situation at some stage and they need to have something in place for them. How hard could it be to negotiate rescheduling the game for later in the year for a mid week fixture? Then again they probably couldn't be arsed doing their jobs. Complete FARCE. imo.

GlenMan

Quote from: breakingball78 on May 17, 2023, 06:49:12 PM
It is completely outrages how the county board operate. They're never thinking about the players it's all about themselves. Every club in the county are going to face this situation at some stage and they need to have something in place for them. How hard could it be to negotiate rescheduling the game for later in the year for a mid week fixture? Then again they probably couldn't be arsed doing their jobs. Complete FARCE. imo.

Your comment makes no sense to this situation

It's the county board that has decided to move this game so it doesn't clash with the wedding

The Club, clogher, refused to move it. I'm sure it may move again since that day so doesn't seem to suit clogher now

The Bearded One

Glenman why does it not suit your club to play the game on Friday, given the wedding is on Thursday? Are we really saying fixtures are being refixed by CCC to allow players to go drinking? This is a huge precedent.
It is what it is. Presumably.

BG_Gael

Quote from: breakingball78 on May 17, 2023, 11:08:17 AM
I believe it's the exact same situation with Eskra and Derrytresk this Friday. Derrytresk have a wedding on the Thursday. Eskra wouldn't reschedule the game to earlier in the week because they have players away working in England. They wouldn't re schedule the game to the weekend either because they have a wedding. I seen last week however they were able to reschedule the game to earlier in the week against killyman? Surely the CCC should be able to look at this and fix the game for some stage later in the year.

Why are Eskra and Clogher getting flak here? Correct me if im wrong but these are THURSDAY weddings, not Friday, why on earth would any team change a game from a Friday night to accommodate lads suffering from a hangover or going on a day 2, especially when it would mean they're going to be missing players themselves. Some cheek to blame them. Season is always up and running during May, and there have been Friday night games 3 years now, what serious player puts his wedding on a Thursday or Friday night mid season?

Ty4Sam

Serious precedence being set here by county board. The rule has always been that match stays as it unless the 2 teams agree to a new date/time. Clogher and Eskra are well within their rights to refuse to move. Why are county board moving one match and not the other, neither should be moved especially when you consider the match isn't even on the day of the wedding. Where does this stop? Stag do's, fundraising nights etc...seems that clubs can expect to get matches moved due to similar reasons...could make a mockery of the season before it even starts.

breakingball78

Quote from: BG_Gael on May 17, 2023, 09:36:52 PM
I believe it's the exact same situation with Eskra and Derrytresk this Friday. Derrytresk have a wedding on the Thursday. Eskra wouldn't reschedule the game to earlier in the week because they have players away working in England. They wouldn't re schedule the game to the weekend either because they have a wedding. I seen last week however they were able to reschedule the game to earlier in the week against killyman? Surely the CCC should be able to look at this and fix the game for some stage later in the year.

Why are Eskra and Clogher getting flak here? Correct me if im wrong but these are THURSDAY weddings, not Friday, why on earth would any team change a game from a Friday night to accommodate lads suffering from a hangover or going on a day 2, especially when it would mean they're going to be missing players themselves. Some cheek to blame them. Season is always up and running during May, and there have been Friday night games 3 years now, what serious player puts his wedding on a Thursday or Friday night mid season?

Where did you read that Clogher and Eskra were getting stick for it? Nobody has blamed them yet. Yes because amateur football on a Friday is the first thing you think of when you're planning your wedding day. Good man BG_Gael just you keep being miserable your whole life.

Jimbop

Quote from: GlenMan on May 17, 2023, 08:40:32 PM
Quote from: breakingball78 on May 17, 2023, 06:49:12 PM

Your comment makes no sense to this situation

It's the county board that has decided to move this game so it doesn't clash with the wedding

The Club, clogher, refused to move it. I'm sure it may move again since that day so doesn't seem to suit clogher now

Im shocked by Glenmans sense of entitlement.

Every club has had to deal with these situations in the past. The way you're getting on Owen Roes musy always change games to accommodate the opposition.  I know for a fact they do not. They should just deal with it like everyone else.

GlenMan

Quote from: The Bearded One on May 17, 2023, 09:18:03 PM
Glenman why does it not suit your club to play the game on Friday, given the wedding is on Thursday? Are we really saying fixtures are being refixed by CCC to allow players to go drinking? This is a huge precedent.

I'm not from Owen roes?!

BG_Gael

Quote from: breakingball78 on May 17, 2023, 10:34:13 PM

Where did you read that Clogher and Eskra were getting stick for it? Nobody has blamed them yet. Yes because amateur football on a Friday is the first thing you think of when you're planning your wedding day. Good man BG_Gael just you keep being miserable your whole life.

In the message I quoted there was a bit of stick given to Eskra, and on others Clogher where getting some too.
Well yeah I know of plenty of lads who plan holidays and weddings around the football season, I would be one of those people too, if you're anyway serious about it is what you do. It is a bit of a joke Derrytresk not even attempting to field on Friday night, leaving 30 Eskra lads without football because they want to go on a tear up.

Could call into question the need for a recreational league within in Tyrone because no serious team would sacrifice league points in the 2nd league game of the year, fixed for a Friday night, for a wedding on a Thursday.

And also totally unfair what the County Board have done to Clogher too, they should never have been put in that place. Why should they be at a disadvantage, the game should be played Friday night.

The Bearded One

Quote from: GlenMan on May 17, 2023, 10:59:30 PM
Quote from: The Bearded One on May 17, 2023, 09:18:03 PM

I'm not from Owen roes?!

Oh right, of course. You just happened to name the clubs involved and knew what decisions were made by county board. My apologies  ;)
It is what it is. Presumably.

The Coddfather

Quote from: BG_Gael on May 17, 2023, 11:10:46 PM
Quote from: breakingball78 on May 17, 2023, 10:34:13 PM

In the message I quoted there was a bit of stick given to Eskra, and on others Clogher where getting some too.
Well yeah I know of plenty of lads who plan holidays and weddings around the football season, I would be one of those people too, if you're anyway serious about it is what you do. It is a bit of a joke Derrytresk not even attempting to field on Friday night, leaving 30 Eskra lads without football because they want to go on a tear up.

Could call into question the need for a recreational league within in Tyrone because no serious team would sacrifice league points in the 2nd league game of the year, fixed for a Friday night, for a wedding on a Thursday.

And also totally unfair what the County Board have done to Clogher too, they should never have been put in that place. Why should they be at a disadvantage, the game should be played Friday night.

A "recreational league"?

What classifies something as recreational? Not getting paid? What would the differences be between this recreational league an the current ACL leagues and reserve leagues be?

Catch yourself on.

smort

Calm down coddfather, many other counties have a recreational league, and I suppose Tyrone do have a version of it with the dads and lads tournaments