Ballymote
Calry/St. Joseph's
Tourlestrane
St. Mary's
St. Farnan's
St. John's

SLIGONIAN

Hi there,

I'm trying to put together a list of all the recent Sligo footballers and their clubs. Can any one help by adding in the first names and the clubs?

Nigel   Clancy Was na fianna now Balymote

T   Kilgannon

Padraic   Doohan Bunninaden

David   Durkin Tourlestrane

M   McGuire

Rory   Brennan Tubbercurry

Con   O'Meara Tourlestrane and Coolera

Ken   Killeen Tubber curry

Dara   McGarty ST Johns

Tommy   Brennan Tubbercurry

Paul   Taylor Eastern Harps

Eamon   O'Hara Tourlestrane

Neil   Carew Coolera

Sean   Davey Curry

James   Curran Coolera

Mark   Cosgrove Harps

Phillip   Gallagher Drumcliffe

Patrick   Naughton Castleconnor

Dessie   Sloyan Easkey

Karl   O'Neill Coolera

John   McPartland Coolera

Gerry   McGowan Tourlestrane

Ronan   Keane Drumcliffe

Brendan   Phillips Harps

Noel   McGuire Easkey

Peter   Walsh Harps

Paul   Durcan Curry

Michael   Langan Castleconnor

Keiran   Quinn Coolera

N   Walsh

Peter   Mullan

Eamonn   Cawley Farnans

Mark   Brehony St Marys

Philip   Neary Tubbercurry, if was fit in 97 we'd have another connacht title

Johnny   Davey St Marys

Darren   Kearns Geevagh

Eddie   Brennan Drumcliffe and st eunans

Brian   Walsh Tubber

Michael   McNamara St Johns

James   Rolston Easkey i think

John Paul   Henry shmrock gaels

Kevin   Cooney Coolera

Philip   Greene St johns

D   Carroll

Paul   McGovern Harps

Eugene   Mullen Easkey

Brendan   Egan Tourlestrane

Keith   Carty

Gary   Maye Curry

Johnny   Martyn St Marys

Philip   Greene St Johns

Brian   Curran Tubber

Stephen   Marren Curry

Adrian   Marren Curry

David   Colleary Curry

Colin   Neary

Charles   Harrison St Johns

Sean   Flannery Drumcliffe

Tony   Taylor Harps

Ross   Donovan Harps

Fergus   Roche Calry st joesph

Michael   Munds Balymote

Dermot   McTernan Balymote

Kenneth   Sweeney Geevagh

John   Feeney

Karl   Tuffy Castleconnor

Shane   Stenson St Johns

David   Kelly Tubber

R   O'Donovan

Barry   Kivlehan Coolaney/Mull

Benny   O'Reilly Calry

R   Donavan

S   McHugh

Ferghus   Horan St Johns

Eoin   McHugh St Molaise Gaels

Kevin   Byrne Geevagh

Peter   Wilson St Molaise Gaels

Daniel   Davey Coolaney

C   Quinn

Gary   Gaughan Tour

Stephen   Gilmartin Tubber

Jason   Farrell Owenmore Gaels

Tom   Colleary Curry

Keith   Raymond Calry

John   Scanlon St Johns

Alan   Costello Coolera

Neil   Ewing Drumclifee

I missed a few so im sure the other lads on here will add to it.

"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

jjjshabadoojnr

Nigel   Clancy Was na fianna now Balymote

Trevor   Kilgannon was St pats Think he plays for Leixlip now or some kildare club
Padraic   Doohan Bunninaden

David   Durkin Tourlestrane

M   McGuire

Rory   Brennan Tubbercurry

Con   O'Meara Tourlestrane and Coolera

Ken   Killeen Tubber curry

Dara   McGarty ST Johns

Tommy   Brennan Tubbercurry

Paul   Taylor Eastern Harps

Eamon   O'Hara Tourlestrane

Neil   Carew Coolera

Sean   Davey Curry

James   Curran Coolera

Mark   Cosgrove Harps

Phillip   Gallagher Drumcliffe

Patrick   Naughton Castleconnor

Dessie   Sloyan Easkey

Karl   O'Neill Coolera

John   McPartland Coolera

Gerry   McGowan Tourlestrane

Ronan   Keane Drumcliffe

Brendan   Phillips Harps

Noel   McGuire Easkey

Peter   Walsh Harps

Paul   Durcan Curry

Michael   Langan Castleconnor

Keiran   Quinn Coolera

Niall    Walsh ST Johns

Peter   Mullan St Marys
Eamonn   Cawley Farnans

Mark   Brehony St Marys

Philip   Neary Tubbercurry, if was fit in 97 we'd have another connacht title

Johnny   Davey St Marys

Darren   Kearns Geevagh

Eddie   Brennan Drumcliffe and st eunans

Brian   Walsh Tubber

Michael   McNamara St Johns

James   Rolston Easkey i think

John Paul   Henry shmrock gaels

Kevin   Cooney Coolera

Philip   Greene St johns

Donal    Carroll St Marys

Paul   McGovern Harps

Eugene   Mullen Easkey

Brendan   Egan Tourlestrane

Keith   Carty Eastern harps

Gary   Maye Curry

Johnny   Martyn St Marys

Philip   Greene St Johns

Brian   Curran Tubber

Stephen   Marren Curry

Adrian   Marren Curry

David   Colleary Curry

Colin   Neary Tourlestrane
Charles   Harrison St Johns

Sean   Flannery Drumcliffe

Tony   Taylor Harps

Ross   Donovan Harps

Fergus   Roche Calry st joesph

Michael   Munds Balymote

Dermot   McTernan Balymote

Kenneth   Sweeney Geevagh

John   Feeney Not sure, St Farnans I thinkKarl   Tuffy Castleconnor

Shane   Stenson St Johns

David   Kelly Tubber

R   O'Donovan

Barry   Kivlehan Coolaney/Mull

Benny   O'Reilly Calry

R   Donavan

Stephen   McHugh Was this the small lad who played corner forward for Bunninaden. Dont know is he still at the club

Ferghus   Horan St Johns

Eoin   McHugh St Molaise Gaels

Kevin   Byrne Geevagh

Peter   Wilson St Molaise Gaels

Daniel   Davey Coolaney

C   Quinn  Shamrock Gaels??
Gary   Gaughan Tour

Stephen   Gilmartin Tubber

Jason   Farrell Owenmore Gaels

Tom   Colleary Curry

Keith   Raymond Calry

John   Scanlon St Johns

Alan   Costello Coolera

Neil   Ewing Drumclifee

I missed a few so im sure the other lads on here will add to it.

Thats all i can add anyway. Some possibly wrong!! Im sure the big guns will confirm all mistakes for you.

magpie seanie

John Feeney was Curry and was also suspended for 48 weeks the time Marren was. He played in England last year and I don't think he is back.

JamesH

Was wondering how my aul clubmate and your Senior hurling keeper Mark Kearney was getting on down there. Has he helped the team? He's a while man good keeper and likes a pint. He did well in London and up here.

paddypastit

Tommy Brennan has been attached to Lucan Sarsfields in Dublin for the guts of the last 10 years which includes most of his senior intercounty days

In similar vein Eamonn Cawley of Farnans was for a number of years attached to Thomas Davis in Dublin (and was shortlisted for the Dublin Blue Stars (County version of All Stars) at least once in that time.

Nigel Clancy was a member of the Sarsfields club in Belfast for the first three or four years of his intercounty career, up to '99 or 2000

There is no 'C Quinn' involved in S Gaels and JP Henry is the only S Gaels player that has been near the Sligo panel since the Bernard Mulhern, and that frankly wan't awfuly near. Think that might be a duplicate withe Keiran Quinn as is 'M McGuire' and 'R O'Donovan / R Donovan' as well as the two Philip Greenes

come disagree with me on http://gushtystuppencehapenny.wordpress.com/ and spread the word

magpie seanie

I see Tubber's relegation to Div 2 for next year along with Castleconnor has been confirmed. Tourlestrane and Harps will contest the final. Our lads were a tad unlucky to lose to an injury time goal from Ballymote. Sligo's result next week will determine if championship goes ahead as planned or not. If it doesn't we could be fcuked on a number of fronts.

Owenmoresider

Championship gets under way at the weekend, I'd predict wins for John's, Calry, Harps, Curry, Tourlestrane and a tentative call for Castleconnor in Senior, with Geevagh, Harps, Bunninadden and St. Pat's in the Intermediate.

The groups as I see them:

Senior Group A : John's on top, hard to know but Tubber will probably sneak through. Easkey might face the relegation scrap, and may well face the unthinkable.
Group B: Harps and Curry, though it will be competitive. Mary's may lose out to Shams to end up in another relegation battle, but they have the best prospect of survival.
Group C: Tourlestrane and Coolera, Farnan's will fall out of Senior most probably.
Group D: Ballymote to finish on top, with Castleconnor v Grange deciding the other spot. Grange might be on a loser here, and the loser will go down.

After that it's hard to call. Harps. Tourlestrane and Curry the frontrunners as usual, with Ballymote and Coolera the main challengers, Coolera starting getting wins up late in the league, may be coming at the right time. Ballymote must sense a great opportunity, but could they fall short as they did in the league? John's will not be simple for any team they face in the last eight, and could repeat their run of 2007, whereas Tubber are unlikely to repeat last year's run. Castleconnor or Grange will go no further, survival in itself being an achievement.

Intermediate is a bit more interesting this year, with a few half-decent teams in it, with more to come by next year. Geevagh and Drumcliffe will come out of A, Harps and Curry in B, Bunninadden to top C, with Enniscrone possibly avoiding their tendency to implode to edge out Michael's in a close call. Mullinabreena and Pat's will emerge from D. Bunninadden or Geevagh to win it, but they will be made work for it I'm sure, but their higher level of league football should stand to them. As for the relegation.....well goodbye Intermediate, been nice knowing you.

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: Owenmoresider on July 24, 2009, 02:21:16 AM
Championship gets under way at the weekend, I'd predict wins for John's, Calry, Harps, Curry, Tourlestrane and a tentative call for Castleconnor in Senior, with Geevagh, Harps, Bunninadden and St. Pat's in the Intermediate.

The groups as I see them:

Senior Group A : John's on top, hard to know but Tubber will probably sneak through. Easkey might face the relegation scrap, and may well face the unthinkable.
Group B: Harps and Curry, though it will be competitive. Mary's may lose out to Shams to end up in another relegation battle, but they have the best prospect of survival.
Group C: Tourlestrane and Coolera, Farnan's will fall out of Senior most probably.
Group D: Ballymote to finish on top, with Castleconnor v Grange deciding the other spot. Grange might be on a loser here, and the loser will go down.

After that it's hard to call. Harps. Tourlestrane and Curry the frontrunners as usual, with Ballymote and Coolera the main challengers, Coolera starting getting wins up late in the league, may be coming at the right time. Ballymote must sense a great opportunity, but could they fall short as they did in the league? John's will not be simple for any team they face in the last eight, and could repeat their run of 2007, whereas Tubber are unlikely to repeat last year's run. Castleconnor or Grange will go no further, survival in itself being an achievement.

Intermediate is a bit more interesting this year, with a few half-decent teams in it, with more to come by next year. Geevagh and Drumcliffe will come out of A, Harps and Curry in B, Bunninadden to top C, with Enniscrone possibly avoiding their tendency to implode to edge out Michael's in a close call. Mullinabreena and Pat's will emerge from D. Bunninadden or Geevagh to win it, but they will be made work for it I'm sure, but their higher level of league football should stand to them. As for the relegation.....well goodbye Intermediate, been nice knowing you.

Whats with the grange comments again? St Molaise Gaels.

On St Molaise Gaels, I know a few players were missing lately so dont know how we will do. Hope there back but will know that later today. We had a decent league and are progressing well. We have the potential to do well and get out of the group. I wish the lads the best of luck.

Owenmoresider

Results:

Calry 1-13 Easkey 2-8
John's 1-15 Tubber 0-8

Curry 0-12 Mary's 0-9
Harps 3-14 Shamrock G 0-5

Coolera 0-8 Tourlestrane 0-8

Grange 1-11 Castleconnor 1-7

A few minor surprises there. Harps didn't spare the Gaels anything there, good win for them. Tubber have work to do to get through after that.

SLIGONIAN

Someone give OMS his dummy ::).

Great win for our lads, Congrats. Missing the 2 Gilsenans and Aaron McHugh. Should get out of the group now but no suprise to be honest.

SLIGONIAN

Just got report from our game last night, said Liam Kennedy kept Judge quiet and that Johnny Kelly was FB did well. Remember there only 17 and 18 only, fair play to them stepping up. Eoin McHugh Played well and Wilson, with Quinn CHB doing fine. James brennan did well getting a few scores and M feeney was ok.

A few of our team selection positions are a bit of joke but sure a win is a win and we had no options on bench so Gilsenans coming back will be a huge boost, hopefully soon but its only speculation at the min, C'Connor were described as terrible.

Carrabine is supposed to be some player, was CHB for minors and HF against us, the real deal.

Owenmoresider

Intermediate:

Geevagh 1-8 Drumcliffe 0-7
Harps 0-15 Curry 0-5
Bunninadden 1-10 Enniscrone 1-3
Pat's 1-6 Cloonacool 0-8

And Harps up next for us. :'(

Mano

Quote from: Owenmoresider on July 25, 2009, 10:37:46 PM
Coolera 0-8 Tourlestrane 0-8

Seanie i assume you took time out from training to go to this. Can you give me a report on game. Both teams should qualify anyway with scoring differences now coming into the equation to see who tops the group.

Davitt Man

Results:

John's 1-15 Tubber 0-8

I was at this game in ballymote saturday evening, i travelled from Mayo to watch it.

Firstly there were two games on and NO PROGRAM provided at the game. Thats poor for a c\ship match.
Secondly why was a kid 15\16 the linesman for this game, this is very dangerous. This is c\ship were talking about when things can get heated, you need your experience officials at these games. What would happen if this kid was hit or hurt during a game.

Anyway back to the game, poor standard and St Johns always looked in control. Tubber are missing a good few from last years team and subsquently look a very different team to the one that brought them to the county final last year. St Johns have a strong outfit and totally dominated midfield have a few dangerous hard working forwards

St Johns should top this group now.

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: Davitt Man on July 28, 2009, 11:20:23 AM
Results:

John's 1-15 Tubber 0-8

I was at this game in ballymote saturday evening, i travelled from Mayo to watch it.

Firstly there were two games on and NO PROGRAM provided at the game. Thats poor for a c\ship match.
Secondly why was a kid 15\16 the linesman for this game, this is very dangerous. This is c\ship were talking about when things can get heated, you need your experience officials at these games. What would happen if this kid was hit or hurt during a game.

Anyway back to the game, poor standard and St Johns always looked in control. Tubber are missing a good few from last years team and subsquently look a very different team to the one that brought them to the county final last year. St Johns have a strong outfit and totally dominated midfield have a few dangerous hard working forwards

St Johns should top this group now.

Fair play for heading but you could of picked better match ups, such as Marys Curry, Coolera Tour.

Where was mcnamara playing and howd he do? Mcgarty, Harrison, stenson, scanlon, patrick greene would be there main men i presume, there hardly starting young o hehir yet.

Was McGee playing up front for Tubber?

On the 16 yr old, we are very well mannered in Sligo towards refs and linesmen so dont worry. Ive seen this young lad do a few matches and he isnt the best. I would wonder whats he at that age being a linesman, shouldnt he be playing still, can he play or is useless and wants to be involved like most refs?