Sam Maguire 2024 Group 1 - Galway, Armagh, Derry, Westmeath

Started by GAABoardMod5, May 13, 2024, 01:06:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armagh18

Quote from: larryin89 on June 11, 2024, 05:41:50 PMA brilliant player , probably Galways most important player but he didnt really shine in the only senior all Ireland final he played in .
Can't be on it everyday! Wasn't bad in the semi that year...

gallsman

Quote from: larryin89 on June 11, 2024, 05:41:50 PMA brilliant player , probably Galways most important player but he didnt really shine in the only senior all Ireland final he played in .

Sure just f**k him in the bin then, the useless lump.

Armagh18

Quote from: gallsman on June 11, 2024, 06:08:57 PM

Sure just f**k him in the bin then, the useless lump.
Please :)

Must be sickening for Galway people and management and obviously Comer himself that he is fit so fecking rarely!

lurganblue

Quote from: Spiderlegs on June 11, 2024, 02:10:08 PMFor Armagh/Galway, any word on injured or returning players?
The likes of Murnin and Burns for Armagh...Comer, Kelly and Finnerty for Galway?

If these 3 arent available then it could be difficult for Galway. They've all caused us serious problems before, particularly Finnerty.

I hope they are available though. I dont want any false results this time of year for Armagh. Let's see where we are at against a top side in the business end of the season.

naka

Quote from: lurganblue on Today at 08:50:57 AM
Quote from: Spiderlegs on June 11, 2024, 02:10:08 PMFor Armagh/Galway, any word on injured or returning players?
The likes of Murnin and Burns for Armagh...Comer, Kelly and Finnerty for Galway?

If these 3 arent available then it could be difficult for Galway. They've all caused us serious problems before, particularly Finnerty.

I hope they are available though. I dont want any false results this time of year for Armagh. Let's see where we are at against a top side in the business end of the season.
sorry hate to see guys injured but for me if not playing its a blessing
we need to win to get straight to the quarter finals
remember we have conor o neill and mackin out

statto

Quote from: naka on Today at 10:37:13 AM

+1 need to take advantage of the unfortunate circumstances to make life easier for themselves. 

Real Talk

Galway have a very strong bench some good young talent coming through and are have very effective manager in Joyce.

And even if Comor doesn't start he is a top quality player to bring on in the last 15mins

Armagh beat a Derry team not 'tactically' prepared for the Armagh game and no real on the bench.

I think this Galway Armagh game will be a cracker and the Ref will have eyes in the back of his head to keep the players in check. 

bennydorano

Quote from: statto on Today at 11:01:24 AM
Quote from: naka on Today at 10:37:13 AM

+1 need to take advantage of the unfortunate circumstances to make life easier for themselves. 
Can remember a similarly idiotic chat last year. all about getting through the quickest possible route now - all teams will be triaging.

GalwayBayBoy

Seems like Galway's injury troubles have returned after a brief clean bill of health. Comer won't play. Finnerty and Kelly might play some part but neither are 100% right. Couple more big players who haven't been able to train this week but they are hopeful they might be able to tog out.

naka

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on Today at 01:21:31 PMSeems like Galway's injury troubles have returned after a brief clean bill of health. Comer won't play. Finnerty and Kelly might play some part but neither are 100% right. Couple more big players who haven't been able to train this week but they are hopeful they might be able to tog out.
conundrum for joyce if players not 100%
as if they lose they are out a week later
does he rest and get them flying fit
worse position is a home draw and would fancy  galway to take any team at home left in the draw for 3rd

mouview

Quote from: naka on Today at 02:20:45 PM
Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on Today at 01:21:31 PMSeems like Galway's injury troubles have returned after a brief clean bill of health. Comer won't play. Finnerty and Kelly might play some part but neither are 100% right. Couple more big players who haven't been able to train this week but they are hopeful they might be able to tog out.
worse position is a home draw and would fancy  galway to take any team at home left in the draw for 3rd

No conundrum; not fit, don't play. His squad is perhaps stronger than even 2022, so make use of it.

galwayman

Quote from: Real Talk on Today at 01:15:52 PMGalway have a very strong bench some good young talent coming through and are have very effective manager in Joyce.

And even if Comor doesn't start he is a top quality player to bring on in the last 15mins

Armagh beat a Derry team not 'tactically' prepared for the Armagh game and no real on the bench.

I think this Galway Armagh game will be a cracker and the Ref will have eyes in the back of his head to keep the players in check. 
From what we hear - Comer won't even be on the bench.
All three are big losses but I'd have Comer and Finnerty as bigger losses than SK purely because they are scorers & we don't have too many of those.

galwayman

Quote from: mouview on Today at 02:25:35 PM
Quote from: naka on Today at 02:20:45 PM

No conundrum; not fit, don't play. His squad is perhaps stronger than even 2022, so make use of it.
100% - he can't play them if they are not fully recovered from injury.
If we risk Damo & he breaks down again that's his season over.
It's a big ask to beat Armagh I think